PDA

View Full Version : brekkar does india

Breaker
12-03-2006, 02:24 PM
I haven't told many people, but I became an adjuster awhile back for a pretty big insurance company. So far I'm loving it. It's an awesome job. I'm the youngest guy in the department by almost 10 years.

Anyway, I just found out last friday that I'm going to be traveling to India sometime next year. They're offering me a $10,000 bonus on top of my already rediculous salary to train a 3 month course on how to process insurance claims, which is kinda hilarious considering I'm not even done with my own in-house training yet. The Taj Mahal is definitely on my list of places to see, and I'd love to check Tibet out too considering it's right next door. Other than that I really have no idea what else is over there.

Normally I wouldn't even post on here about my life, but I'm pretty excited about it. :P

EDIT - I'm definitely bringing one of these (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Trachypithecus-geei-cropped.jpg) back with me.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Lmao. Bring back two, so you can mate them and sell them off.

Sounds awesome, man. Glad to hear your job is going so well.

Limzo
12-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Sounds cool.
I wish that I got payed for going on holliday.

Beldaran
12-03-2006, 04:08 PM
What they aren't telling you is that you are training your replacements.

Rainman
12-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Punch an Untouchable for me.

Jigglysaint
12-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Yay one more person who gets to travel abroad before I do!

Aegix Drakan
12-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Good for you. Don't get yourself in TOO much trouble.

What they aren't telling you is that you are training your replacements.

XD probably true.

Beldaran
12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah I wasn't saying that just to be a smart ass (although that was a nice bonus), but when I use to work in IT these kinds of stories were passed around a lot.

Lilith
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Oh that $10,000 is not going to be enough to soothe your amoebic dysentry, my friend. But, pics plz.

Breaker and I recently became yuppies, fyi. :tear:

Breaker
12-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah I wasn't saying that just to be a smart ass (although that was a nice bonus), but when I use to work in IT these kinds of stories were passed around a lot.

XD probably true.

Not at all. My job here is quite a bit more complicated than what they're doing over there. They'll only be trained as processors and shown how to handle much smaller claims (like pharmacy prescriptions for example). People have been going over for almost 8 years to teach these 3 month courses and generally ramp up their productivity. They're definitely not replacing anybody, lol.

ZTC
12-04-2006, 12:53 PM
you lucky bastard
hope it's a nice trip

mikeron
12-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Check out a Daler Mendhi show if you can.

Archibaldo
12-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Careful where you go to the bathroom, you wouldn't want to catch something.

P.S. I want a monkey thing too :(