PDA

View Full Version : Shieldless/Small Shield

The_Amaster
12-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Now that the small shield is an actual item, and not just a automatic, what tiles are used for shieldless and small shield. Example: Right now, my quest file has three versions of walking link, with small, magic, and mirror shields. If I make the small ones no shield, than I have no look for him when he has a small shield. Where would I put those?

Nimono
12-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Wherever you want. It's not like the tiles' locations are hardcoded. Their locations are dependent on the Link Tile Modifiers. I'd suggest putting ALL of Link's tiles that you want changed with Link Tile mods all in a row. It makes it easier.

The_Amaster
12-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Really? Wow, that makes several things so much easier. Thanks.
Umm..where are the link tile modifiers. I remember seeing them around somewhere, but I can't exactly remember.

Mega Link
12-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Quest>Graphics>Sprites>Items

The_Amaster
12-03-2006, 02:03 PM
So, what do those numbers under Link Tile Modifier actually mean? Sorry that I know so little.

Mega Link
12-03-2006, 02:08 PM
The tile#. To figure it out, go to Quest>Graphics>Tiles. Then select the tile and the number will be in the bottom left-hand corn -er- area.:D

ShadowTiger
12-03-2006, 02:58 PM
The number that you want to place in the prompt for the Link Tile Modifier is an addition or subtraction to whatever the Link Tiles currently are. For example, if the Boots have -200 as their LTM number, and the Link tiles are currently situated at tile 2300 due to a number of other mods affecting them, when you get the boots, his tiles are now found at 2100.

CJC
12-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Speaking of which, does anybody know if the Link Tile Modifiers function with the 2x2 Link settings yet?

I suppose you'd have to do it in increments of 40 so as to not cause overlap, but it would be feasibly possible. And you could make Link get bigger and smaller, or--if you're creative--on and off a horse.