PDA

View Full Version : Subtitute Triforce Pieces

Plissken
12-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Ok so I made up 8 elemental type pieces that I wanted to have as the triforce peices when you beat a dungeon. My question is since I have 8 different combos could I still use the triforce item or would I have to use other items that aren't used in the game? That would cause problems with the subscreen after you get them though...any suggestions? The tiles are completely hand drawn and I was mostly inspired by when I went to a grocery store and saw these axe spray bottles. The symbols were really cool and I thought they would be great for Zelda Classic. 4 of them are from those and the other 4 I made up on my own completely.

From left to right the element things are Wind/Air, Light, Shadow, Earth, Ice, Water, Fire, and Forest. (The 4 from the Axe bottles are Wind/Air, Water, Ice, Fire)
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4913/zelda005yz4.png

You can also see them on an actual screen too.
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8527/zelda004sb0.png

These are some of my first customs and are completely hand drawn. I'm pretty happy with the result (probably will improve the light one I just can't really think of what to do with it.) but now I just can't figure out how I would replace the Triforce pieces with these. I might put these on PureZC if people want them. Also be free to comment on the tiles. Thanks in advance!

Imprisoned
12-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't think it's possible ("yet"), because you only have one triforce fragment sprite...

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't work on the subscreen.

But, it would work if you just put "Current Item" blocks into your subscreen, showing the "elements" (but you would have to replace some items or make new items). But you know, you can get to level 9 after getting all 8 triforce pieces. It would work if you could get a key after the dungeon boss so you can unlock the next dungeon, or you can get an item after the boss (roc's feather, raft, flipaz) so you can advance to the next dgn.

-NOTE: I'm pretty sure there are other ways to do this.-

Plissken
12-02-2006, 12:40 PM
That's what I was thinking of doing but I just posted to see if anyone else knew a better way to do it.

Sir-Pimpalot
12-02-2006, 11:22 PM
I think Sharon-Daniel at PureZC did it but I may be wrong...

The_Amaster
12-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Actually, in beta 14 or 15, (I'd recommend 15) you can do this. Just make eight new items with your items sprites, and assign them the class of trifoce.(Whatever that is, you can easily find out) Than place them in the dungeons. For the subscreen, just edit the triforce pieces on there from the 8 big triangles to your 8 pieces.

masteryodaofACC
12-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Those are nice! Do you mind if I use them?

Plissken
12-03-2006, 02:03 AM
I really don't know if I want other people to use them...I'll PM you when I've made up my mind. And thanks Amaster42! Now to get those set up...and wait patiently for a Mac version of beta 15.

masteryodaofACC
12-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Okay.