PDA

View Full Version : Exactly what items are going to be sold at the Subrosian Market near L-2?

Nimono
12-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah, just like the title says. I'm curious as to what items (besides the Goron/Heat Tunic) will be sold at this Subrosian Market-type thing found near Level 2, Stonewater Grotto. I have PLENTY of ideas, but I'm not sure if anyone's read them. If anyone has, please take note of the last item I metioned:

Glowing Relic (Triforce?)

I can easily explain my reasoning for that in a post, but what if it was actually used? I don't want tu ruin the surprise for anyone. Honestly ShadowTiger, if you and _L_ want to know my reasoning, please, PM me. I'd rather not explain it in a post, and I'd rather not give my reasons unless anyone wants to know, so... Oh well. But seriously, I would like to know what items you're going to use (and any ideas anyone else may have) at the Subrosian Market, what price in Ore Chunks you have for them (Maybe a Rupee->Ore Chunks system is in order? I mean, in real life, money from one country could be worth more or less money in another country. ;) For example, this Rupee->Ore Chunks monetary exachange could be like every 10 Rupees you have is worth 1 Ore Chunk. And every Ore Chunk you have is worth 10 Rupees. That's just and example, though. ;)) what that price would be in Rupees, and what you're going to have the Subrosians call them. Like, they call Hearts "Peaches". They call a Piece of Heart a "Big Peach Stone", though I suggest that for a Heart Container and have them call the Piece of Heart a "Big Stone with Peach Center". So... Let's begin. :)

Oh yeah, one last thing: If you can make the Ore Chunks, how hard are you going to make them to find? They were hard to find in OoS, which is why prices in the Subrosian Market were so low and why it cost you plenty of your Seeds to get TEN Ore Chunks. I say you should make them hard to find. Plus, perhaps with scripts, you can make the Market change its wares every time you enter. It could check the contents of each Shop value and randomly pick 3 items from any of the values. ;)

_L_
12-02-2006, 05:38 AM
Personally, I strongly doubt that the Subrosians would be unfamiliar with the Golden Power that rules over the world. Also, it's part of the plot that the Wizzrobes inside Stonewater Grotto have it (or rather, the Orb of Chaos has it).

Unless... the "Glowing Relic" was in fact a fraudulent Triforce of Power!

Better yet! What if the Orb of Chaos's Triforce is the fake?!

I can see it now... In the Subrosian Shop, they sell a "Genuine Triforce Replica" for an impossible price: One Turtle Tooth, and five Ore Chunks. You can't buy it.

So, you enter the dungeon, fight the Rival (who gets carried away by Trinexx) (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?p=1102435#post1102435) and beat the boss. However, when you remove the Triforce of Power from the boss's remains and hold it above your head... it powderises. Crumbles into dust.

You then come strolling out of Stonewater Grotto, when who but the Rival appears before you, carrying the real Triforce of Power and blowing raspberries at you.

She explains that "all this time, the Triforce was in that dingy shop" and how she traded it for a tooth she found in that rock beast's mouth. Then, she tries to claim the Triforce's power for her own... but it doesn't work, because, as you know, it's been sealed by Menace.

So, she thinks that hers really is a replica, drops it, and dashes off in a huff. Then, you pick it up, and yes, it's the real deal this time. How about that?

Also, the Genuine Triforce Replica is removed from the shop after this event.

Anyway, there will be three Subrosian Shops.

Rental Store
This is located at the foot of Mt. Frostburn.
The rental store will, in exchange for ore chunks, allow you to use one or both of the following items for 10 minutes of game time:
* Fire Boomerang (Subrosians know what boomerangs are, see OoS): 15 Ore chunks
* Subrosian Tunic (i.e Red Ring): 15 Ore chunks

Subrosian Market
This one is located very close to the L2 entrance.
You can buy the following items:
* 3 Peaches (3 Hearts): 5 Ore Chunks
* 10 Spears (10 Arrows): 7 Ore Chunks
* Wizzrobe Scroll (L2 Dungeon Map): 15 Ore Chunks
* White Potion (Milk): 10 Ore Chunks, 4 Bombs
* Magic Decanter (Magic Container): 10 Ore Chunks, 1 Bait
* Genuine Triforce Replica (Triforce of Power): 5 Ore Chunks, 1 Turtle Tooth

Ore Chunks will be found in various places in Stonewater Grotto. Some will be in treasure chests, and others will be just lying around. Once you've found all of them, you'll have to go to the Exchange Shop (which might be inside L2 itself), which simply sells 20 Ore Chunks for 8 bombs.

Nimono
12-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Seriously, if you want to know my intentions with it, just PM me. I can't ruin it here. I wish I could, but then it'd mess up the quest a bit. :o

But nice idea about the Ore Chunks. I never thought about using them in limited quantities! :clap: Rental Shop? How are you going to do that? Oh, and how would one use the Fire Boomerang in Stonewater Grotto or on Mt. Frostburn?

_L_
12-02-2006, 12:35 PM
The Rental Shop's existence is extremely dependant on the existence of item or equipment scripts.

You may wonder how the Market itself is going to be implemented, but hopefully that dialogue editor of mine will be equipped to take and give items at will.

Nimono
12-02-2006, 12:46 PM
The Rental Shop's existence is extremely dependant on the existence of item or equipment scripts.

You may wonder how the Market itself is going to be implemented, but hopefully that dialogue editor of mine will be equipped to take and give items at will.

I was kinda hoping someone would make a script to give the Market randomly changing items. Like, normally, it sells 6 items, but there could be 10 possible items it could have, not counting the "Glowing Relic". The Glowing Relic would always be there, so the remaining items would constantly appear on sale at the Market randomly. For example, you go in once, and the 5 items are Peaches, Pointy Sticks, Big Peach Stone, Bombs, and Magic Decanter. When you leave and come back, the script would pick 5 items out of the 10 at random, so this time, they could be Peaches, White Potion, Wizzrobe Scroll, Pointy Sticks, and Question Stick (Cane of Byrna). :laughing: Ignore the "Question Stick" thing. That was a joke. :laughing: