PDA

View Full Version : New Scroll idea

Nimono
12-01-2006, 10:04 PM
No, we don't have enough Sword attacks or Tiger Scrolld. :laughing: This one is a L-2 Sword Charge. What is it? HURRICANE BLADE. You all know what it is. In LttP/FS on GBA and WW on GCN, it's called the Hurricane Blade, while TMC calls it the Great Spin Attack. Either way, it's the basically same- Hold your charge until you hear that second charge sound. Release to spin in circles, and press the sword button to keep spinning. It harms all enemies your sword hits, but... It requires magic (it drains it every few seconds you use it), and at the end, Link gets dizzy and can't move for a few second, making him vulnerable. That's how LttP/FS did it, but I know that TMC's didn't require Magic, nor did it make him dizzy. It's been a while since I played TMC, so I don't remember if it DID make him dizzy or not, but... It'd do the same thing in ZC, only maybe without the "dizzy" effects. Instead, Link would be frozen (and vulnerable) for a few seconds after you spin for as long as you're allowed (which is about 10+ seconds). I actually like this ability, and when I get it, usually I just use it to have fun an make Link dizzy. :laughing: Seriously, it's the greatest Sword ability EVER, especially with the comic relief it bring with the dizziness... Okay, enough of that. Umm.. I'm sure all it'd take is a modification of the Spin Attack code, but, uh... Actually making the part where you have to repeatedly press A to keep spinning might be hard. Still...

What do you guys think of this idea? Yes or no? God idea or bad?

_L_
12-01-2006, 10:55 PM
I've already implemented it! Sort of.

HURRICANE SPIN:
* Uses magic if it exists.
* Requires charging the sword for twice as long.
* Keeps spinning until it's spun out.
* Stuns Link at the end.

GREAT SPIN ATTACK:
* Uses the ordinary sword charge.
* Adds an extra spin every time you press the A button, for a maximum of 15 spins.

What I've implemented is the Hurricane Spin, but without the stunning at the end.

Nimono
12-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I've already implemented it! Sort of.

HURRICANE SPIN:
* Uses magic if it exists.
* Requires charging the sword for twice as long.
* Keeps spinning until it's spun out.
* Stuns Link at the end.

GREAT SPIN ATTACK:
* Uses the ordinary sword charge.
* Adds an extra spin every time you press the A button, for a maximum of 15 spins.

What I've implemented is the Hurricane Spin, but without the stunning at the end.

OMG!! You're my hero, _L_! ...At least, you would be, if you'd impliment that sideview gravity ladder. :laughing: Just kidding.