PDA

View Full Version : Regarding 2.5 and the Main ZC Site

WindStrike
12-01-2006, 07:30 PM
As we all know, the main ZC site (zeldaclassic.com) is semi-broken, as in not updated. The problem is... 2.5 will be coming out sometime soon, and that's probably going to be a bit of a problem if the main site isn't operated/updated by then.

Directly speaking, I'm saying someone needs to get the site back up by the time 2.5 comes out. Yeah, we all know that we can all just look at the forums and dl it there. But newcomers won't know that.

Also, will the beta forums be closed after the 2.5 release, with the NeoFirst forum being moved to the Zelda Classic main area?

(I'm really not sure whether this goes in ZC discussion or ZC Beta discussion, so move it if it needs be.)

Nicholas Steel
12-01-2006, 07:41 PM
uh um hmmm, i can access the site just fine and dandy after clearing my browser cache -.-' so it isn't DOWN.... its just not been updated in eons.

WindStrike
12-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Ehh... yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry for not being quite clear on that... *goes to edit*

Tygore
12-01-2006, 09:07 PM
It looks like the "Add a version" portion of the control panel now works. When the 2.5 final release comes out, I'll add it. The QDB submissions queue is currently loaded with too much crap for me to wade through at the moment. Yay for finals season.

Petoe
12-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Couldn't you accept someone to help you with the site? I mean, it's very bad for ZC IMO that the "main site of ZC" is run so poorly and never updated. If taken care of, it would be great site with all the goodies like a quest database, news portion, downloads portion, help portion and all that. When one releases a quest it would be so easy to just direct new people to zeldaclassic.com and say "go download the quest there and read the site for more info about ZC".
The last news are from last summer for crying out loud. Even if there are no real news, why not simply make some... for example "a small new feature was added to the site" or "the things to do list is updated!" or "These quests were submitted recently: X, X and X. Go and check them out!". I mean anything would be good! Almost all the information on the site is badly outdated too. :(

Not wanting to sound rude or ungrateful or anything like that with that complaint. I'm just very worried about the bad effects a bad main site may have for the program and the whole community. So please, I beg, do something about this problem! Or am I the only one who cares about the site that once was so awesome and up to date?

Radien ZC
12-02-2006, 09:22 AM
No offense, but this is the main reason I only have around 50 posts here. PureZC isn't the best resource for all info, but usually when something big happens here on AGN, somebody on PureZC cross-posts a link to the "hot thread" in roughly 3.5 seconds.

Would it possibly be better to separate the main site and have the Quest Database run by a separate group of staff? After all, the programmers are all preoccupied with giving us tools with which to create. Handling the crap we create with it shouldn't necessarily have to be among their foremost worries.

And yes, I understand that doing this would probably require someone to craft a whole new front end for the site. But whether this is a huge problem depends largely on who attempts it.