PDA

View Full Version : A brief note about the "Rival" (L2 Miniboss)

_L_
12-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I've decided who it's going to be. She'll be an "imposter Zelda," Not exactly an imposter of NeoFirst's Zelda, though, but an imposter of Queen Zelda I, who, as chronicled in the Plot Tracker topic, defeated Grymwald on Mt. Frostburn and founded the Kingdom of Hyrule a long time prior.

The imposter will claim to be of royal lineage, and seeks the same Triforce of Power which lies at the summit, just as it did when Zelda I claimed it so long past.

She'll resemble First Quest's Zelda - long red hair, and unnecessarily shiny plate armour. As you know, she'll be armed with the hammer. When you enter the battle room, you'll see her dealing the final stroke to Fire Volvagia (the twin of Ice Volvagia, the other L2 Miniboss). Her attacks will involve using the Quake Hammer to stun you and drop stalagtites from the ceiling.

To beat her, you'll need to use bombs to do X amount of damage to her, which will trigger a cutscene where Trinexx* breaks through the north wall, swallows her, then breaks through the south wall - thus creating the two doorways marked on the map at 3A. (http://www.greyfire.org/~l/Stonewater.png) Of course, the northward doorway is blocked with lava.

*Oh, by the way: Ice Volvagia and Fire Volvagia are actually just the two "elemental heads" of Trinexx. As you probably forgot, destroying both heads causes the central head to change into "snake form", which is how it will appear in the cutscene. All of this will either be explained in-game, or just left as Yet Another In-joke for LttP fans to enjoy miss entirely. (Who knows, maybe in the NeoSecond version of this dungeon you'll be allowed to fight Trinexx proper.)

ShadowTiger
12-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Hm. If she's an imposter, wouldn't she try to try to get you on her side to help her get it? Otherwise, why be an imposter of a famous figure at all? Naturally, we should know about this (We as players; .. not necessarily we as Links.) and should have a choice to work together with her to get it, or to realize the truth, and try to stop her. Shouldn't we?

Otherwise, sounds pretty impressive. So she'll drop the Hammer AND the Quake Scroll? Where would you say the Super Quake Scroll is located then?

Imprisoned
12-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeh sounds good. But you could make her something like Blind the Thief [ALttP] that you would have to rescue her but you must take her to a dead end, then shutters would close and "Zelda" would start killing you. :O)

-------------The hammer could drop to the center of the screen, and a
-------------treasure chest would appear next to it with the Quake Scroll.

_L_
12-02-2006, 04:54 AM
No, she doesn't give you the Quake Hammer scroll. She just knows how to use the Quake Hammer technique. (We'll stuff the genuine Quake Hammer scroll down some cave somewhere.)

Aegix Drakan
12-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Yeh sounds good. But you could make her something like Blind the Thief [ALttP] that you would have to rescue her but you must take her to a dead end, then shutters would close and "Zelda" would start killing you.

That would be great. she joins you earlier, and demands (in a very commanding, imerialistic, and perhaps arrogant tone) for your help. When you get to the treasure room, she tells you that you are no longer necessary, and that she can handle the rest on her own. Of course, Link can't let that happen, and she fights you.

_L_
12-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Somehow, I disagree. Remember that you meet her twice beforehand: first in her introduction cutscene, and second when she hits the orb to switch the dungeon to ice mode.

Aegix Drakan
12-07-2006, 09:09 AM
whoops...:sweat:

I didn't know that...Ignore my last post then please.