PDA

View Full Version : Do You Like to Sing?

Monica
11-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey y'all, I found this new awesome Karaoke site. It lets you sing and record directly into the site and make it public (or private) And these are the real instrumental versions, not those cheaply made CD+Gs.

http://www.ksolo.com/MonicaM - There's my page.

Oh and you have to use IE with that site because everything's embedded and the recorder's an activex control. A free account gives you up to 10 recordings at a time but you can buy from the premium options too.

I've just relized that this thread looked like a spambot, oops...:( I didn't mean to make it look like that...

But anyway, for discussion's sake, do you like to sing? What is your range?

I really like to but I've never had training. I can do high soprano. My sister has a loud powerful voice and she has a very wide range, and I'm rather envious, lol.

MANDRAG GANON
12-01-2006, 03:53 AM
I LOVE Kareoke! I used to go every wednesday, then school started so I havent been able to go for along time. If I wasn't 3 days with out sleep (and about to sleep thank god) than I would sign up right now. I'll prolly sign up over the week end and I'll post my account when I do :D

{DSG}DarkRaven
12-04-2006, 12:15 AM
I sing mostly in church, and as far as I can tell, my range is limited. When my voice is in good condition, and the music is in my key, I'm either pretty deep, or a little above. I guess that makes me a bass-tenor? I have no idea. I don't sound so bad, I think, when I'm in a large enough group to drown me out, or if I turn up the radio loud enough that I blend in.

I'm not going to be posting karaoke any time soon, though.

moocow
12-04-2006, 12:47 AM
I like to sing, but I'm so not good. I was an alto when I was in choir though.

Rainman
12-04-2006, 02:49 AM
Sure I sing all the time when I've got a song stuck in my head. I don't do it when anyone's around though. I would have been in chorus all throughout high school if I could have fit it into my damn schedule.

EDIT: As far as I could tell I was a tenor though I can go deep if I force it. I don't know really. :P

ZTC
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
I like to sing, heck I'm in the college choir; as for my range, it's from deep bass to tenor. ^_^;

Verman
12-05-2006, 12:09 AM
only thing i ever "sang" was a fake punk band we had that talked about the guy who worked at the corner store. i cant sing worth shit.

Jigglysaint
12-05-2006, 12:16 AM
I do it all the time. In fact, I to it so much that I am pretty sure that God is going to totally kick my butt over it.

Of course I got the Jesus insurance, so I'm covered.

WindStrike
12-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Publically, no. It's probably because whenever I start singing, these random notes and sounds come out as if it is a language when it is not. So... none of what I sing makes sense, unless I'm singing an actual song.

But, for the most part, I do like to sing a bit.

Skulkraken
12-05-2006, 06:56 AM
I used to sing a lot as a kid, mostly to themes from Disney movies. My siblings and I could sing almost perfect renditions of any song from an animated feature. We could even sing renditions of songs from anime, in perfect Japanese.

These days....I don't sing at all unless I feel that I have to. I've been told that I have a good singing voice (somewhere in the tenor range, I think), but I'm not really so certain of it myself.

Jigglysaint
12-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I do it all the time. In fact, I to it so much that I am pretty sure that God is going to totally kick my butt over it.

Of course I got the Jesus insurance, so I'm covered.

*reads topic title agan*

Do'h! I thought it said "Do you like to sin?"

In that case, not really unless I'm at church and everybody else is singing.

Nimono
12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I don't like to sing. When I sing, I sing in a high-pitched voice that usually only females have. O_o It embarasses me.... :(

Rainman
12-05-2006, 03:38 PM
*reads topic title agan*

Do'h! I thought it said "Do you like to sin?"

Don't worry I actually thought the post fit topic.

Brasel
12-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I love singing. What a gyp, this site has nothing I like on it.

Monica
12-06-2006, 08:39 PM
I love singing. What a gyp, this site has nothing I like on it.

Wow...O_o What do you like?

Brasel
12-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Wow...O_o What do you like?

There is no Steve Miller, no Aerosmith, no Green Day, no Nirvana...among other things that I can sing. :(

Monica
12-08-2006, 01:01 AM
There is no Steve Miller, no Aerosmith, no Green Day, no Nirvana...among other things that I can sing. :(

Ohhhh :( Yeah now that I've had time to search through, they are missing quite a few people I like too, but if more people join they'll probably add more and more. :)

Moresco
12-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Heh, well the site seems interesting, and I listened to a few of your songs. Seems like a fun deal. I am learning to sing, though for the most part I already am quite good but have a tendency to be too lazy to practice. ^^ It's because I want instant results like I get with my guitar, but it just doesn't work that way. Anyway if you want to hear me singing/playing guitar you'll have to go to my myspace:

www.myspace.com/novellice (http://www.myspace.com/novellice)

oh i should point out that the only two tracks with vocals are "The Walk" or "Finally I'm Lost"....both are covers actually.