PDA

View Full Version : Layering

Zelda_Warrior
11-29-2006, 09:55 PM
I know i've asked this question before, but i've looked at every layering tutorial, tried usign every layer, doing possibly everything, and I still get this problem.

Ok, in a quest I have a sky dungeon, and I put the clouds on layer 6 so Link walks under them. I have a block puzzle where you push blocks on to switches. There's 2 blocks and 3 triggers. However, once you defeat all the enemies the third block appears, allowing you to complete the puzzle. Now, I put flag #16 on the actual screen (Not the layer screen.) And then I set the secret combo on the same screen as well to a block, and then give the secret combo a flag to be pushable. Now, since I filled the layer screen with transparent black except for the clouds, the block appears under the black (Since it is on layer 6). So, thats basicly the problem. It still functions as a block but does not appear right. I tried putting the flag on the layer screen, and setting the secret comb oto the layer screen, and everything else, but I can't get it to work.

Any ideas? This bug is really making a lot of my quests a problem as layering is becoming more and more a part of quests these days and with layering I can't have secrets on the same screen as a screen with layers, which sucks.