PDA

View Full Version : Sidescroller LADDER

Nimono
11-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah. There's a major flaw in the Sidescroller Gravity- THERE'S NO WAY TO GO UP. You actually have to use solid combos and the Roc's Feather to go up, or use the Hookshot on a Hookshot Grab combo. LA and the Oracles games allowed you to go up while on a ladder, but there are none in ZC. So I propose a new combo that only works in areas with Sidescroller Gravity enabled. It is called Sidescroller Ladder, or Ladder for short. It basically negates the effects of the Gravity while you're on it, but you can still walk off it and fall. :laughing: It's the only chance for the survival of Sidescroller-type areas! I mean, people are going to want to use this to make true sidescroller areas, but they can't do it without Ladders to walk up on! :(

CJC
11-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Hmmm... that's a good idea.

And maybe a quest rule to go with it. "Ladder connects S-Ladder Combos".

You could build a sidescrolling dungeon, but leave certain areas with broken and damaged ladders that can only be connected with the 'Ladder' item.

Dlbrooks33
11-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Cjc you can already do that. Just put the tile ladder 1 space apart from the below ladder and turn on the screen falg use ladder

_L_
11-30-2006, 04:09 AM
Yeah. There's a major flaw in the Sidescroller Gravity- THERE'S NO WAY TO GO UP.Have you tried up conveyor combo + Hover Boots?

Also, another thing I have to do is make it possible to climb the stepladder upward when in sidescroll view.

Or, use the stepladder to cross one-block gaps.

Also, different sprites for the raft and ladder when used sideways in sideview.

Dlbrooks33
11-30-2006, 06:44 AM
_L_ you can already climb 1 space apart witht he item stepladder, thats why I was suggesting the combo ladder so you don't have to give out items for free.

Nimono
11-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Have you tried up conveyor combo + Hover Boots?

Also, another thing I have to do is make it possible to climb the stepladder upward when in sidescroll view.

Or, use the stepladder to cross one-block gaps.

Also, different sprites for the raft and ladder when used sideways in sideview.

Well, I don't want to have to give out the Hover Boots so early JUST so you can go up in Sidescrolling areas. The item ladder won't work as that's only 1 tile. I still say we need a combo that works like the ladders in the sidescrolling areas of LA and the Oracles games. It won't be true sidescrolling without it. :mad:

Imprisoned
12-01-2006, 11:41 AM
They could just make a combo type "ladder" working like a ladder in sidescroller...

_L_
12-01-2006, 11:46 AM
_L_ you can already climb 1 space apart witht he item stepladder
Not in sideview areas, you can't!

Radien ZC
12-02-2006, 07:11 PM
We need climbable ladder combos far more than we need support for the Ladder item in sidescroll mode.

Heck, it'd be nice to have them in non-sidescroll mode, too. You know.... so Link faces up even when climbing down.

jman2050
12-02-2006, 08:25 PM
We need climbable ladder combos far more than we need support for the Ladder item in sidescroll mode.

Heck, it'd be nice to have them in non-sidescroll mode, too. You know.... so Link faces up even when climbing down.
DN was working on that a bit ago. Don't be surprised to see it in 2.5 :P

Limzo
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
I think we should have Climbing sprites if this gets done..

Radien ZC
12-04-2006, 04:33 AM
DN was working on that a bit ago. Don't be surprised to see it in 2.5 :P

Yay! =D ...What took him so long, I wonder? For awhile I thought he was refusing to do it on principle, or something. Well, I guess there's even more reason now, what with the Roc's Feather and all.