PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Jumping and shieldless Link sprites

_L_
11-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Just a note that it'd be nice if the person responsible for the Link sprites in NeoFirst could follow it up with some jumping sprites as well.

Also, now that I've made the small shield into an item, Link will therefore begin the game shieldless.

ShadowTiger
11-29-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm sure that's not a problem at all. It's actually as simple as making a copy of all of the Front and Back Link Sprites, and casting tiles, and ... well, everything that's not left or right, and removing their right half. (I REALLY Wish we could have a delete pixel feature like Photoshop has when you use the hookshot selection tool in the tiles editor, hint hint? :p ) So once you delete one horizontal half, you can take the opposite sprite's half and superimpose it onto the first one's other side, flipped. (I.e. the left half of walking frame 3/3 goes on the right side of frame 1/3, but flipped, etc.)

But what we REALLY need are custom Link tiles. :shrug: I made a topic quite a few months ago about that, but nobody ever really came to a decision. It'd be nice if *b*/Gashin/Relic could give us his opinion, as he's the resident Link expert.

It'd also be nice if it would be a 2x2 Link, but -LOOK- like a 1x1 Link to preserve the relative size of the main character as he walks around the world. His ears, hat, and sword sheath could sort of protrude from his form as he walks. Etc.

Dark Nation
Warlock did the Newfirst tiles, although I've ripped Link tiles from the GBC games (not sure if I recolored them like Warlock did). I'll find it and put up a link later tonight.

Dart Zaidyer
What's the newest version of NeoFirst so far? Does it still use the default DoR Link, or something different now?

I'm the one who made DoR Link, so if I'm going to add new tiles for this it would be nice to know what I'm working with.

ShadowTiger
11-29-2006, 10:22 AM
@ DN: I definitely recall those. There are also a few GB Link Tiles available (Here (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=710), for example.) at Pure. I think we should draw and use the ones matching the current NeoFirst Link tiles though, as it matches the current set, I suppose.

*Quietly wonders if you can now walljump* e e,

Lotus_Eater
12-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Like I said in the Game thread, I have a copy of the Minish Cap Link you can use, he has been imported into PTUX, but we should be able to import him into yours fairly easily.