PDA

View Full Version : DOY - Final Dungeon

oceansoul22
11-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Ya ok, so I beat Geist and the Storm Blossom's chamber, managed to escape this infinite text looping bug thing. Got to the second floor and now can't seem to recall what in the nine hell's I've gotta do. I know on this floor the room I'm looking for is the one containing, Prince and the Silent Stalker but I can't remember how to get there. I could've sworn you had to go up, press the switch to toggle the direction South, then walk through a wall, do a hookshot puzzle eventually come to a room with some REALLY nasty mirror robes but if I go north I seem to be stuck after a couple rooms, and I can't get to the south door. Help me?!?!?!?!

jman2050
11-28-2006, 09:51 PM
IIRC, in the room with the south swich, you bomb a wall north leading you to an east switch.

C-Dawg
11-30-2006, 03:17 PM
I don't remember what to do at all, but I'm pleased as punch that someone is on the verge of winning this damn game.

DarkFlameWolf
11-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Yes, that's an accomplishment in itself.

oceansoul22
01-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Hehe well I sorta took a break but I think now I'll give that dungeon another try
I think I found that East switch :confused: but still couldn't figure out what to do. By the way that room with the hookshot puzzle, why do you make it drop Link two floors right back down to the hall of statues. That's really annoying

Ok so here's where I get stuck if I press that East switch

www.collectorscorner4u.ca/images/zelda001.bmp

jman2050
01-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Did you face the redux battle vs Prince Iron knuckle and... whatever the level 5 bad guy was called? You need to do that, then press the north switch. Note that in the room before the redux battle there's an invisible block you can go through.

oceansoul22
01-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Boy did I ever not fight them again. I knew that was the room I was looking for but this floor really drives me nuts. There's not many places I can go. Is the room in the southeast area of the floor????

I've just no clue where I'm going really

jman2050
01-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Southeast yes. Fom the stairs from the first floor, go up two screens (I think you have to bomb a wall). Change the switch to East I believe, then double back to the previous room. Go right, then down through an invisible wall, then right as far as you can. Beat all the enemies, go down two screens, and fight the boss. Beat him, then go left. Trigger the west switch, but DON'T leave the room. Trigger the North switch that appears after it. Then go right, then up two screens, beat all the enemies again, then go up. That should leadto where you need to go.

Do know, however, that you still need to find the final Nightmare key. It's not on the way to the final boss, that much I'll certainly tell you :)

C-Dawg
01-10-2007, 04:11 PM
In re-reading Jman's post, I'm starting to remember how amazingly convoluted that last dungeon is. I apologize to those intrepid enough to venture into the cursed Deku Tree. It's a bit of an expression of my feeling that the hardest part of a game should be finishing it, not going to beat this optional monster that just happens to be far stronger than the one trying to take over the world.

oceansoul22
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
I really hate this dungeon. It's not even all that fun. C-Dawg, when you made the game was it your intention to make players want to kill themselves? I mean Mirrorobes suck and there's TONS of them you're forced to kill and then when you think it can't worse, you throw in a couple Chicken Wizards things whatever the heck those things are. Life wouldn't be complete without having to restart the floor again!!!!!!

Change the switch to East I believe, then double back to the previous room. Go right, then down through an invisible wall, then right as far as you can. Beat all the enemies, go down two screens, and fight the boss.

Changing the switch to east makes it so I can't go down however from the room where I need to kill the Mirrorobes and the Eyeball thingys. If the Switch is set to south, then I can go down, but doing so means I can't get through the room with the conveyors and need to have the switch set to east. Now I'm starting to remember why I took a break

Assistance?

oceansoul22
01-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Ummmm help?

jman2050
01-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Hmm, i'm trying to remember too. maybe it was south that needed to be pressed to go to the boss... Anyway, like I said, in the room with the conveyors is a phantom block. You can just walk through it and to the door.

oceansoul22
01-18-2007, 05:08 AM
HAHAHAHAHA! Walkthrough block haha that's cute, almost as cute as the bullshit in Marathon. So ..... I can kill Prince but the billions of fireballs and the flowers don't die so easy so ummmm I tried just about everything, INCLUDING Super Bombs and I apparently must be missing something here. So JMAN any hints on how I'm supposed to win?

jman2050
01-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Watch the big bushes closely ;) You'll need super bombs.

If you're still having trouble, I'll just help you straight out.

oceansoul22
01-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Ya! So Ganon sucks. What in the world am I supposed to do other than die? My death count was at 61 prior to this dungeon. Now it's astronomical!

C-Dawg
01-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Ganon goes through several forms. As I recall, beating him goes like this:
(Form 1) Navigate through the fire walls he sets up and clock him with the sword, repeat.
(Form 2) Reflect his fireballs into the lanterns to light the room and reveal him, then, smack him with the sword, repeat.
(Form 3) For each of Ganon's spells in his final form, you can do something to deal with it. Repeating Lightning, for instance, will keep hammering you until you use a certain item to stop the spell. I hadn't worked out how to do multiwarps back then, so it's really just a survival game. If you can dance with Ganon for long enough, some of your allies from earlier in the game will eventually help you finish him off. It's a really good idea to have the Triforce of Wisdom (golden ring) along for this fight.

You should post some screenshots of the final battle, too. I don't think anyone has ever seen it. :)

Sadly, the "good" ending was never finished, so you only get the "bad" ending...

ShadowTiger
01-23-2007, 04:20 PM
... You mean there was a good ending? .. And THAT was the BAD Ending? O.o' ... ... Oh my.

I think I assembled an animated GIF of the boss's death throes and screen flashings once. I should find that. Probably long dead though. Eh, nothing much stopping me from doing it again. :) I've still got the quest on my hard drive, beaten and all.

Would be nice to update it for 2.10 or the betas and such. Slashing, Tall Grass, fix some of the graphical anomalies, add the three crystals and some bonus areas, etc.

That is, aside from jman's wonderful edits and revisions.

oceansoul22
01-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah this quest is very well done ...........
Up until the last dungeon. This place makes me want to use the trampoline and ceiling fan trick to behead myself.