PDA

View Full Version : Roc's Feather...

WindStrike
11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Two things:
-1) Option to change the number of spaces you can jump over. Right now, it seems you can jump up to four spaces away, allowing you to jump over 3. So... mayhaps there can be an option to change it to something like 1 or 2? I personally think it's just too long, that's all...
-2) Disregard this one. I twasn't aware at the time.

CJC
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Roc's feather also doesn't seem to work well in layer-heavy areas.

By which I mean, Link passes through the top of trees and such.

So I propose a 'secret' layer between 4 and 5. Link stands on his own layer as it is, but perhaps when the feather is activated he could be placed on one above walking tiles but below flying ones.

Also, a means of toggling the jump time would be pretty cool. Originally, the feather only allowed Link to jump over 1 16x16 tile (Link's awakening). Maybe have 2 levels? Level 1 only goes so high and lasts long enough to move at most 32 pixels. Level 2 goes higher and lasts long enough to move at best 64 pixels.

...just a thought.

WindStrike
11-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Also, a means of toggling the jump time would be pretty cool. Originally, the feather only allowed Link to jump over 1 16x16 tile (Link's awakening). Maybe have 2 levels? Level 1 only goes so high and lasts long enough to move at most 32 pixels. Level 2 goes higher and lasts long enough to move at best 64 pixels.
I suppose that should be something that should be able to be edited in the item editor... because I don't think that's editable right now. But... just exactly... why would you want to jump higher? There really isn't much of a point to that... unless you want to be uber invulnerable to death knights by jumping, dropping a super bomb, and then just repeat till they're dead.

CJC
11-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Well, the only reason the jump would be depicted as going 'higher' is that's the only logical way to present a long jump. We don't have a mid-air jump action that lets him click his heels and go farther, so he can either jump faster to get more distance or jump higher. I just figured higher, because fast jumping would be hard to control in-game.