PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 15

jman2050
11-28-2006, 03:43 PM
It's here.

Windows:
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 15 for Windows (FULL) (http://jman2050.armageddongames.net/ZCBeta/zc211b15w.zip)
Fix for selectable jump tiles (EXE, not needed if you download full package) (http://jman2050.armageddongames.net/ZCBeta/b15jump.zip)

Linux:
Coming soon.

OS X:
Coming soon.

Incomplete list of changes:

Disabling items should work. Look for the dialog for more details
New items: The Roc's Feather (YAY), the Hover Boots (YAY), and four tiger scrolls: one that allows a charged spin attack, one that allows beams to be shot from a spin attack, and two that allow you to charge your hammer aand cause a quake on the ground
New quest rule that allows the use of more sounds as used in sfx.dat. Note: If you check this quest rule, the game will automatically use sfx slots 35-60 for it's own purposes, so if you have sound effects in that range, move them or don't bother with this quest rule
Sideview mode, which allows true sidecrolling areas, with gravity and all. Talk to _L_ for more details on this
FFC flag - Run Script on Screen Init. Room Type - Take One Item. Quest Rule - Messages Freeze All Action. Quest Rule - Flip Right-Facing Slash.
Sword tapping while charged works
Lots and lots of miscellaneous bug fixes
Lots of additions to the scripting engine. Look at the scripting form for more details.
More will be listed by DN or _L_

Please Verify Quarantined Bugs
I think save games from b14 will work, but just in case, back them up!
BACK UP YOUR QUESTS BEFORE YOU USE THIS ON THEM!

ZTC
11-28-2006, 03:49 PM
[13:01:21] <%jman2050> goodness coming in 15 minutes
[13:01:24] <%jman2050> stand by
[13:04:49] * @ShadowDragon sets a timer
[13:45:06] <%jman2050> http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=94721
[13:45:08] <%jman2050> :)
[13:45:38] <%jman2050> god, I hope this is stable.
[13:45:51] <@ShadowDragon> you said 15 minuets 45 min ago
[13:45:52] <@ShadowDragon> =p
[13:46:15] <@ShadowDragon> good job
[13:46:16] <@ShadowDragon> ^_^
[13:46:24] <@ShadowDragon> wait
[13:46:30] * @ShadowDragon blinks
[13:46:38] <@ShadowDragon> ohshi it's got Roc's Feather
[13:47:34] <@ShadowDragon> I've been waiting about 6 years for that
[13:47:37] <@ShadowDragon> THANK YOU!
[13:47:47] <+Geecku> but why?
[13:47:57] <+Geecku> it's funnier to hear them say "i want roc feter"
[13:48:18] <@ShadowDragon> blah

This might give me the 'oomph' to work on my quest again ^_^

Nimono
11-28-2006, 04:08 PM
*screams head off* EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED IN ZC IS NOW HERE!!! I'M SO HAPPY, I'LL MAKE THE BEST CGBZ QUEST EVER!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! :D :D :D

Tygore
11-28-2006, 04:13 PM
O.O

We can't have the Roc's Feather! The entire mythos of ZC is built around the Roc's Feather being impossible to obtain! I object! Roc's Feather MUST be removed for the good of the community!

VEL
11-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Roc's Feather! OMG!!!! :bouncy: YAY!

mikepjr2
11-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Remove Rocs feather and i will freaking be... like.... so upset... or something..
KICK ASS DUDES!!!!!
I love the new goodies.. OMG
I could kiss you guys.. i could.. um... well.. be like.... really nice.. er.. yeah.
I can not wait for a full list.. you guys are great.

Limzo
11-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Wow! Yayayayaya!
THANKYOU!

I will now join the country of ZeldaClassicland to show you how much I love this.
I will fly there with Roxy's Feather too.

Petoe
11-28-2006, 04:51 PM
O_O

FINALLY!

But all those new items, sidescrolling mode etc... there must be tons of new bugs because of them. I know I seem like a real butthole for saying this but why not just fix the bugs and release ZC 2.5 and then add all this uber cool stuff? Or are you devs still certain that you will be able to release the full ZC, if not before the end of the year, but soon anyways?

Oh well, I better start testing this baby to help you guys fixing all the nasty bugs! ;)

jman2050
11-28-2006, 04:52 PM
ZC 2.5 will be released by the end of the year. Yes, I'm saying it again.

*b*
11-28-2006, 04:57 PM
... one that allows a charged spin attack ... Sword tapping while charged works

<3 x10

Love For Fire
11-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm still going to wait for 2.5 for my quest development... but I'll still download this to look for bugs. Congrats on the Roc's Feather and spin attack.

Dlbrooks33
11-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Note the following message is veiwed vertically.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGG

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTT
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAA
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNN
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKK

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYY
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUU

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFF
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Master_of_Power
11-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Error reading file... it won't let me extract it

WindStrike
11-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Are the hover boots supposed to activate when you use the Roc's Feather jump?
And... I'm not really sure how you make things like pits to be hovered or jumped over...

Aside from that: AWESOME! ... I still have to agree with Petoe though... all this extra stuff really is overkill.

Petoe
11-28-2006, 05:12 PM
A question about the spin attack:
Does it only work with the new Diagonal Movement or can it be used with the "old" BS-movement Link as well?

Anyways, what a great day for ZC. Look at all the activity in this topic, lol! ;)

jman2050
11-28-2006, 05:14 PM
A question about the spin attack:
Does it only work with the new Diagonal Movement or can it be used with the "old" BS-movement Link as well?

Anyways, what a great day for ZC. Look at all the activity in this topic, lol! ;)

Yes it can. But the spin attack doesn't rock as much then :P

Petoe
11-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Yes it can. But the spin attack doesn't rock as much then :P

Okay :p but it still rocks enough I'm sure!

Thanks.

But I hope everyone agrees with me when I say: We should now have enough stuff for ZC 2.5. So it should be bugfix time! Though it'd be hard to be displeased if you still manage to surprise us with some late revolutionary additions... ;)

Nimono
11-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Well, I said it at PureZC, but I'll say it here for everyone here who doesn't go there:

THE ROC'S FEATHER'S JUMPING TILES FOR LINK HAVE HARDCODED POSITIONS. That means you can't use the Roc's Feather without having BUGGED JUMPING TILES. :( Unless you want to move every tile it takes just to get your look. :(

jman2050
11-28-2006, 05:24 PM
The last things before ZC 2.5:

* Making scripts usable by items (easy)
* The dialogue editor (not so easy, might not make 2.5 if bug fixes take too long)
* The enemy editor (easy)
* Subscreen changes to accomadate custom items (almost done)

And that's it. Everyting else is bug fixes. Also, a question:

Preview mode. Keep it incomplete? Or disable it for sake of uniformity?

Well, I said it at PureZC, but I'll say it here for everyone here who doesn't go there:

THE ROC'S FEATHER'S JUMPING TILES FOR LINK HAVE HARDCODED POSITIONS. That means you can't use the Roc's Feather without having BUGGED JUMPING TILES. :( Unless you want to move every tile it takes just to get your look. :(

If all goes well, it'll be fixed in 16. Which can be out as soon as the end of the week.

WindStrike
11-28-2006, 05:30 PM
It's nice to have so that we can do some quick tests for simple things, so that we don't have to constantly swap back and forth between zquest and zcplayer so much. So I'd say to keep it. Technically, you could call it complete right now so we don't have to worry about the sake of uniformity. Expansions later would be fine.

Freedom
11-28-2006, 05:36 PM
WOW....
Jman's GOT BLISTERS ON HIS FINGERS!

I say yea, leave preview mode in. ;)

How about a quick run down on how the new stuff is supposed to work, it would make testing it a WHOLE lot easier. ;)

Petoe
11-28-2006, 05:37 PM
It's nice to have so that we can do some quick tests for simple things, so that we don't have to constantly swap back and forth between zquest and zcplayer so much. So I'd say to keep it. Technically, you could call it complete right now so we don't have to worry about the sake of uniformity. Expansions later would be fine.

I agree. Keep it. Completed or not, it is still pretty useful to have it to quickly see if you have set up combo cycling correctly etc.

Noli
11-28-2006, 05:38 PM
... charge your hammer aand cause a quake on the ground...

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Dlbrooks33
11-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Quick question, what SFX # does the feather use???

Nick
11-28-2006, 05:39 PM
The last things before ZC 2.5:

Keep that in there! If you take out preview mode, then it will take away part of my soul! :(

Oh... is there an example quest with some of this new stuff floating around?

Dlbrooks33
11-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Quick question, what SFX # does the feather use???

jman2050
11-28-2006, 06:02 PM
If you downloaded 15 before this post, download this zip ile and overwrite 15. It fixes the issue with selectable jump tiles.

http://jman2050.armageddongames.net/ZCBeta/b15jump.zip

Otherwise, the full package has thse executables in place already.

Nimono
11-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks Jman! I was just tinkering around with the Gravity screen flag and the "Item Falls from Ceiling" screen flag, not to mention the effects of the Roc's Feather in a gravity-enabled screen, the Hover Boots, and even side warps. I'm glad to see that the Gravity screen flag allows us to trigger the south side warp when "falling" off the south side of the screen. One thing, though- Shouldn't there now be a special warp to damage Link when he falls off the south side of a screen? It only seems fair. It'd also warp to the screen you choose, like any normal warp. The only difference is it's an insta-warp that damages Link when he tries to "use" the warp. Man, this stuff has given me NEW ideas for Realm of Mirrors! :D

beefster09
11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
FINALLY!!!! I'll be searching like crazy for bugs in the dialogue editor so you don't have to take it out. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DarkFlameWolf
11-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Found that the HC Piece slot when added using the new subscreen editor tends to tweak out STILL since last beta and just cycles through a bunch of garbage tiles. Weird.

jman2050
11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
I'll definitely fix that bug once we figure out what's causing it. It's an unsolved mystery that's really pissing us off.

beefster09
11-28-2006, 07:11 PM
I'll definitely fix that bug once we figure out what's causing it. It's an unsolved mystery that's really pissing us off.

Try to use the old code from b12 or b10.
Interesting. Your last sentence starts in first person and ends in second person. Oh well, it's an honest mistake...

Anyway, How does one access the enemy editor/ dialogue editor?
Wait a minute... Didn't you say that you could attach scripts to items.

Everything new seems to be there, except the expansion to the editors. (except for the subscreen editor; what you claimed is there is all there, I think)

EDIT: Never mind. I just realized that it's not in this beta. Must've not been paying attention to the wording.

WindStrike
11-28-2006, 07:18 PM
How far back do you think these new features and items will push NeoFirst back? Unless there's some massive hidden work on it that I don't know about, it probably won't make the 2.5 deadline anyways, but this beta and all of its new stuff will push it back even farther...

Also, unless this is actually a bug...:
Roc's Feather + Hover Boots = Roc's Cape
It seriously does... only like, uberfied.

Nimono
11-28-2006, 07:38 PM
How far back do you think these new features and items will push NeoFirst back? Unless there's some massive hidden work on it that I don't know about, it probably won't make the 2.5 deadline anyways, but this beta and all of its new stuff will push it back even farther...

Also, unless this is actually a bug...:
Roc's Feather + Hover Boots = Roc's Cape
It seriously does... only like, uberfied.

I know, it messes up my whole Roc's Cape idea! :( Maybe the developers should make the Hover Boots the "upgrade" to the the Roc's Feather. Or, once item scripting comes along, someone will make a TRUE Roc's Cape (possibly _L_, who made the Roc's Feather in the first place with scripts. XD).

Dart Zaidyer
11-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Here's a rather obvious bug: Z3-animation is now broken. With it on, Link will not animate when he walks around, he'll just stand completely still.

Dark Spawn
11-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Another new bug, Roc's Feather disappears when you get an item. And the only bug with the Spin Attack is there is no animation while walking when holding out your sword.

erm2003
11-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Please check the beta bug forum and post bugs there. A few I have seen in this thread have already been reported. It will be easier for the developers to find them since sometimes a hot thread like this one could have some overlooked posts.

That being said, I do have a question. I have asked this before but I haven't seen an answer. Are we able to change the sound effect played when obtaining a Triforce piece? I haven't seen that as an option yet and it would be nice if we could change that.

Nimono
11-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Another new bug, Roc's Feather disappears when you get an item. And the only bug with the Spin Attack is there is no animation while walking when holding out your sword.

I already reported the Roc's Feather bug. And I noticed the Spin Attack bug, too, but never thought it was a bug. O_o Here's another: If Link is facing in one direction and walks in another, if you reach a solid object, Link will poke his sword against whatever is in front of him, even though he's not really going in that direction. O_O He should only poke while he's moving against a solid object IN THE DIRECTION HE'S FACING. But now that Link can interact with objects by pushing against them while charging the spin attack, I can easily forsee a Quest Rule coming soon that allows Link to use Pushing sprites. :D

Tygore
11-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Has nobody realized this yet?

THE SMALL SHIELD IS NOW AN ITEM!

Now THERE'S something that's long overdue!

*b*
11-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Roc's Feather, would this possibly be a prelude to cliff combos, where you can jump off them and land on the next walkable combo?

rocksfan13
11-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Try to use the old code from b12 or b10.

Is it even possible to go that far back with it as far as it is now?

Anyways, great job on getting those item glitches fixed. And also my vote is to keep the preview mode. I'm constantly using it. Removes alot of time from building quests.

And it seems that the "Save as 2.10 quest" bug is still active. This time I tried it, 2.10 wouldn't even open the quest. Also, is it possible to get a list of things that were fixed with this version?
I would like to see what you guys fixed.

Nicholas Steel
11-29-2006, 07:35 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=94739

check there for a bunch of changes/additions made by L to this great game.

Radien ZC
11-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Has nobody realized this yet?

THE SMALL SHIELD IS NOW AN ITEM!

Now THERE'S something that's long overdue!

Overdue, indeed, but not something people have eagerly awaited. I certainly noticed it, but it was eclipsed by the other additions. :) The main reason people wanted it to happen was so the Whirling Blade ability (or spin attack, if you want the boring name) would be possible.

How fortunate... I already created an item sprite for DoR's wooden shield, to show in the custom subscreen when no other item filled that place. Now I can assign it formally.

Roc's Feather, would this possibly be a prelude to cliff combos, where you can jump off them and land on the next walkable combo?
Prelude? Maybe. But from a programmer's standpoint I don't think there's much overlap.

The main difference is the Z axis. However, in Minish Cap, the Z axis was separate from "cliff" combos. The Cane of Pacci was used to jump to higher places, while the Roc's Cape was only used to jump over stuff. Those two uses never overlapped (which kinda annoyed me, to tell the truth).

That in no way limits ZC, necessarily, but I just thought it was worth noting the similarity to an existing Zelda title.

beefster09
11-29-2006, 11:53 AM
I think the hover sprites are hard-coded. They don't seem to be in the weapons/misc list.

Imprisoned
11-29-2006, 11:54 AM
WHOOPEE!!!
Thanks a lot!!

Modus Ponens
11-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I object!

This is particularly enjoyable given Tygore's avatar. (That was probably intentional, I know, but I'm too excited to care.)

This is joyous news! All this stuff...it's so cool. Thanks, guys. You're the best development team a free piece of software could hope for. Twilight Princess may eat up a lot of many AGNers' time, but I think you're going to give it a fierce run for its money.

bluedeath
11-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Kickass!

Nicholas Steel
11-29-2006, 09:55 PM
The main difference is the Z axis. However, in Minish Cap, the Z axis was separate from "cliff" combos. The Cane of Pacci was used to jump to higher places, while the Roc's Cape was only used to jump over stuff.

were talking about jumping down cliffs... not jumping up cliffs... just pointing this out incase you didnt realize it xD

The_Amaster
11-29-2006, 11:25 PM
BTW, does the Cane of Byrna do anything yet? I tried testing it to see if it does and it never even enters my inventory.

Mega Link
11-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Prelude? Maybe. But from a programmer's standpoint I don't think there's much overlap.

The main difference is the Z axis. However, in Minish Cap, the Z axis was separate from "cliff" combos. The Cane of Pacci was used to jump to higher places, while the Roc's Cape was only used to jump over stuff. Those two uses never overlapped (which kinda annoyed me, to tell the truth).

That in no way limits ZC, necessarily, but I just thought it was worth noting the similarity to an existing Zelda title.
Maybe, [in the combo editor] they should let you set the Z axis position of the combo.
Just an idea.

SpacemanDan
11-30-2006, 12:34 PM
At long last! I'll have to download it this weekend, when I get the chance. Sounds all fine and dandy, amazing new additions, so I've gotta be sure to try this stuff out. (And use it in my more recent quests.)
THANK YOU!!! :D

mikepjr2
11-30-2006, 02:11 PM
OK, someone please list what numbers are for what sound effect.. please.
That is something that needs to be done, this way it can all be tested properly.

jman2050
11-30-2006, 03:19 PM
OK, someone please list what numbers are for what sound effect.. please.
That is something that needs to be done, this way it can all be tested properly.

#define WAV_ARROW 1 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_BEAM 2 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_BOMB 3 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_BRANG 4 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_CHIME 5 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_CHINK 6 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_CLEARED 7 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_DODONGO 8 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_DOOR 9 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_EDEAD 10 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_EHIT 11 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ER 12 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_FIRE 13 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_GANON 14 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_GASP 15 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_HAMMER 16 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_HOOKSHOT 17 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_MSG 18 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_OUCH 19 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_PICKUP 20 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_PLACE 21 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_PLINK 22 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_REFILL 23 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ROAR 24 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_SCALE 25 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_SEA 26 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_SECRET 27 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_SPIRAL 28 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_STAIRS 29 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_SWORD 30 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_VADER 31 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_WAND 32 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_WHISTLE 33 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZELDA 34 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1CHARGE 35 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1CHARGE2 36 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1DINSFIRE 37 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1FALL 38 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1FARORESWIND 39 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1FIREBALL 40 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1GRASSCUT 41 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1HAMMERPOST 42 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1HOVER 43 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1ICE 44 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1JUMP 45 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1LENSOFF 46 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1LENSON 47 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1NAYRUSLOVE1 48 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1NAYRUSLOVE2 49 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1PUSHBLOCK 50 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1ROCK 51 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1ROCKETDOWN 52 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1ROCKETUP 53 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1SPINATTACK 54 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1SPLASH 55 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1SUMMON 56 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1TAP 57 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1TAP2 58 /* SAMP */
#define WAV_ZN1WHIRLWIND 59 /* SAMP */

Tygore
11-30-2006, 06:50 PM
This is particularly enjoyable given Tygore's avatar. (That was probably intentional, I know, but I'm too excited to care.)

Not entirely intentional. I guess you can say that both stem from my love of Phoenix Wright, but it wasn't my intent to link the two. I noticed it too after the fact, and wondered if anyone else would make the connection.

And just for fun...
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1554856

Nimono
11-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Not entirely intentional. I guess you can say that both stem from my love of Phoenix Wright, but it wasn't my intent to link the two. I noticed it too after the fact, and wondered if anyone else would make the connection.

And just for fun...

OH PLEASE NO!!! I like those "Objection!" things SO much, I can't resist clicking on them! PLEASE KEEP ME FROM THIS HORROR!!! XD Oh wait, I already click on it, so it's toop late now. XD

And yet I've never played that game. XD

I don't think that the Roc's Feather being in ZC will do any harm to the HARMony of Zelda Classic. (Note the bold part of the word harmony. XD)

Radien ZC
11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
were talking about jumping down cliffs... not jumping up cliffs... just pointing this out incase you didnt realize it xD
Yeah, but they both utilize the auto-jump function. Jumping off a cliff (or onto, with the cane) changes what layer Link is walking on, but it neither affects nor is affected by the Z axis variable.

...I got to discover a lot about how it works when I played around with an emulator Gameshark code that lets you auto-jump whenever you want by pressing L. ;)

And just for fun...

Bwaahaa... XD

Oh, and for the record, even though I didn't point it out to anyone else, your original "I object!" statement did make me grin. :D

OBJECTION!! (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1555153)

Nicholas Steel
11-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah, but they both utilize the auto-jump function. Jumping off a cliff (or onto, with the cane) changes what layer Link is walking on, but it neither affects nor is affected by the Z axis variable.

since when has a cane made link jump? forgive me but ive never heard of such a thing in a zelda game -.-'

Radien ZC
11-30-2006, 11:05 PM
since when has a cane made link jump? forgive me but ive never heard of such a thing in a zelda game -.-'
You know... using the Cane of Pacci on a hole? Then jumping into the hole, after which Link barrels out and lands at the top of the nearest ledge? It allows you to go from a lower level to a higher level. Jumping off the ledge is roughly the same thing, in reverse.

mikepjr2
12-01-2006, 02:23 AM
Thank you jman, resident sonic fanboy, maybe i can place these in a doc file and include them in each release, that is if their are new sound effect each time, as in for new things.

Nicholas Steel
12-01-2006, 02:25 AM
first time ive ever in my whole life heard of a cane of pacci -.-'

The_Amaster
12-01-2006, 08:24 AM
It was in the Minish Cap, so if you never played that then you wouldn't know. Speaking of canes, why doesn't the cane of Byrna do anything yet? I didn't notice it on the list of features in development.

Dark Nation
12-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Don't have a lot of time to go into much detail, but there are 2 new features in ZQuest that I added a while back but forgot about until ShadowTiger reminded me of them.

In the tile list, hitting the D key will bring up the Dungeon Carving/Relational tile creation window. This lets you easily and quickly create a set of Dungeon Carving or Relational tiles from just a few master seed tiles. For relational tiles, set up 6 tiles as follows. If you are looking at a completed set of relational tiles, copy the following tiles sequentially into a new location: 0, 15, 30, 40, 46, 47. Then put the cursor on the first tile of the new sequence, and hit the D key. Select relational, leave the frames at 1, and hit OK. If you double up the tiles, you can create animated sequences (put a 2 in the frames box then). For dungeon carving mode, you will need these tiles (from a full dungeon carving set): 0, 15, 30, 40, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 56, 64, 68, 74, 82, 72, 79, 86, 90, 95. Highlight the first tile of the new series, hit the D key, select Dungeon Carving, leave the frames at 1, and hit OK. You can also double up the tiles and set the frames to 2 if you want. The relational version makes perfect relational tiles. The Dungeon Carving version is almost perfect; you may have to touch up a few errant pixels here or there. Once you figure out the sequence of the master seed tiles, you can set them up yourself (the copying was just for initial reference so you can see how they are set).

The second feature is a combo maker. Hightlight some tiles, make sure you don't have anything on the clipboard (the left tile box at the bottom of the screen is static), then hit the M key. The combo list will open up. Pick a starting combo. Hit the OK button. The tile page will come back and the combo editor will open on top of that. You will notice that the first tile in your selection is already set. Make any changes you want to this initial combo (everything except for the tile will be blindly copied to all the other combos this creates), then hit OK. Combos (even animated ones if you chose more than 1 frame) have now been created, each starting at the appropriate tile.

If this is confusing, just ask in here; ShadowTiger knows the system fairly well as he helped me debug it originally. He, I, or someone else who picks up on this quickly can help you out.

Jigglysaint
12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
It's been a while since I've posted, and I am quite amazed at all the progress that's been going on.

Zelda Classic has gotten too complicated for me to actually use and compete with the great quests that are out there, but seeing all these new features feels so much like when I first came to AGN 6 years ago. I look forward to playing all these cool quests that are now possible.

ShadowTiger
12-01-2006, 05:07 PM
@ & With DN: I also don't have a lot of time to write this. Weekend, etc. This is the .qst file DN had prepared as an example for the new commands. Copy DN's entire post to a Notepad file and save it to your ZC folder or something, and save the following file to your Beta 15 folder as well. It's a Newfirst area. On map 7 or 8 or so, you'll find a few generally blank rooms. They're just the preparatory rooms for the procedure, using the right palettes and whatnot. Follow DN's directions and you can figure out the rest.

relational-new.qst (http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/relational-new.qst) - Open in Beta 15. No earlier beta.

Skipper
12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Now be expecting topics like "wers the rocs cap????????"

But, sillieness aside, I'd like to make this clear:

This is THE MOST, without a doubt, the BIGGEST advancement the ZC developers have made in reguards to features...that is, besides scripting capabilities. Now, I may truely be able to create an action-RPG-like battle system soon. (Think Sword of Mana.)

...Have my internet.

ShadowTiger
12-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Yikes. DN, do you happen to have the Dungeon Carving Mode Setup tile placement on hand? The upper layer of the two walls is pretty easy, (Same layout as the relational mode setup.) but the lower walls is eluding me for the moment.

I'll keep trying. I've got a color coded system on hand. I know several cavemen with more effective systems of analysis though.

accordingleaf
12-02-2006, 11:31 PM
I have a problem. I can download the file but it says that it cannot open it because it cannot find the file. How do I fix this?

Radien ZC
12-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Dark Nation:

That Combo Maker sounds like a HUGE timesaver, especially for tilesets. Thank you!! :) I'm glad we've finally got a new feature for making that quicker and easier than the extremely slow old method.

idontknow
12-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Ok, for the dungeon-carving set up when in the tile editor, what should the 1st, 15th, 30th, 40th, 46th & 47th tiles be?

For example, if you were going to make a river using relational-editing, should the first tile be all water. Should it be water surrounded by land on all sides, should it be the top-left corner of water or what?

ShadowTiger
12-04-2006, 09:49 AM
It's up to you, really. You can make a lake surrounded by land, or you can make land surrounded by water. You can even make two different types, but don't necessarily merge together.

I still wonder what the full Dungeon Carving mode setup is to expand it. Again, I've got the top half ready, but the bottom half eludes us.

idontknow
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
No, i understand that, i'm just wondering which exact part of the lake, or land, or trail, or whatever it is you're making, the first tile must be. For example, if making a lake/river, should the first tile be the lake with the upper right corner being land or what? I've tried using multiple tiles & i cannot figure out how to use this feature.

Nimono
12-04-2006, 03:11 PM
What SFX number is used for Item pickups without holdup and whoich one is for Fairy appearances/collecting? I need to know because TLoZ uses 4 different SFX for items- One for the Heart item, one for holding an item up, one for collecting an item without holding it up, and one for fairies. If I remember correctly, sometimes, picking up an item made the Fairy appearance sound play, so... I need to know so I can correctly set my SFX.

_L_
12-04-2006, 11:53 PM
You're not correct - there are only three sound effects used for item pickup: SFX_PLINK (for hearts and rupees), SFX_SCALE (for all other items, including fairies) and SFX_PICKUP (pickup fanfare).

ShadowTiger
12-05-2006, 11:32 AM
No, i understand that, i'm just wondering which exact part of the lake, or land, or trail, or whatever it is you're making, the first tile must be. For example, if making a lake/river, should the first tile be the lake with the upper right corner being land or what? I've tried using multiple tiles & i cannot figure out how to use this feature.Oh, the combo pointer will always be on the first (Hopefully the upper left, as per the way you set it up on the combo page.) combo of the Relational / Dungeon Carving setup. It's just that different setups will yield different results as you draw, hence the post I had made before this one.

You're not correct - there are only three sound effects used for item pickup: SFX_PLINK (for hearts and rupees), SFX_SCALE (for all other items, including fairies) and SFX_PICKUP (pickup fanfare).... ... Huuuh. I was under the distinct impression that the hearts were separate from the rupees in terms of SFX data. I recently set up a TWW/OoT SFX.DAT file, and I recall needing both sound effects, and using both. I'm reasonably sure that picking up a heart vs picking up a hookshot (Without the "Pick Up Item" screen flag enabled) yield different sound effects.

Freedom
12-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Huuuh. I was under the distinct impression that the hearts were separate from the rupees in terms of SFX data.

You're right, the heart and rupee sounds aren't the same, and then a regular item like a bomb plays a different sound again, and then hold up fanfare is separate as well.

I'm not sure but I think the rupees might be SFX_CHIME (#5)

Revfan9
12-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Is there any chance of a Linux build anytime soon?

You devs seem to be slacking with porting. If the full version doesn't get a Linux port either... Let's just say I will be very upset.

Lotus_Eater
12-08-2006, 08:47 PM
If I had to guess I'd say they want it stable before bothering with ports, it is extra work after all and considering 2.5 is due in January (I think?) they'll probably just wait and port it then.

Revfan9
12-08-2006, 10:54 PM
heh...

But I still don't want to have to wait until then to use the new features on my laptop. But I guess as long as there is a Linux build for the final version, I'll be happy.

Then again, the promised 2.10 mapmaker was never delivered, so.............

*prays for the best*

Imprisoned
12-09-2006, 09:03 AM
I'm not sure will there be a Linux build for the new betas, but I'm pretty sure that there will be a Linux build for 2.5.

Rakki
12-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Ahh ****. Does anyone have a quest to show off the new items? I can't get the freaking custom subscreen to work. >_< Goes to show what happens when you're unable to keep up with ZC for a month or so.

Petoe
12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
The second feature is a combo maker. Hightlight some tiles, make sure you don't have anything on the clipboard (the left tile box at the bottom of the screen is static), then hit the M key. The combo list will open up. Pick a starting combo. Hit the OK button. The tile page will come back and the combo editor will open on top of that. You will notice that the first tile in your selection is already set. Make any changes you want to this initial combo (everything except for the tile will be blindly copied to all the other combos this creates), then hit OK. Combos (even animated ones if you chose more than 1 frame) have now been created, each starting at the appropriate tile.

Holy ****! I had to try this because I was unsure what this was all about. This is almost what I suggested a while ago. What a lovable feature that will cut questmaking time quite a bit! You devs rock! :thumbsup:

Imprisoned
12-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Holy ****! I had to try this because I was unsure what this was all about. This is almost what I suggested a while ago. What a lovable feature that will cut questmaking time quite a bit! You devs rock! :thumbsup:
Why you little.... everytime I'm about to say something, it's already said!

xXVolvagiaXx
12-27-2006, 12:25 AM
i cant for somereason figure out how to get Roc's Feather on the subscreen...i try to add it using the editor, but it knocks me out of ZC...ive been off it for awhile and happened to start again a few days ago :P

CJC
12-27-2006, 12:49 AM
I can't, for some reason, figure out how to get Roc's Feather on the subscreen...Each time I try to add it using the editor, it knocks me out of ZC...I've been off it for awhile and happened to start again a few days ago :P

You need to select an item that's already on the subscreen and duplicate it (through right click, I believe). Then, edit the item and change its properties to Roc's Feather. I would recommend using the boomerang when doing this, because it avoids any complications with counters.

xXVolvagiaXx
12-27-2006, 12:59 AM
ok thanks...ill do that :)