PDA

View Full Version : I hate straightedge kids.

punkonjunk1024
11-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Seriously, straightedge is completely ridiculous. I don't drink, or smoke, or have promiscuous sex, but I don't go around fucking with people who smoke cigarettes, or pretending I'm better than people simply because I live a different lifestyle. Most of the actual "edge" guys I know are worse bigots than the hicks I used to know.
I'm sleepy, so I don't feel like ranting more. But yeah, seriously, fuck you straightedge kids.

biggiy05
11-28-2006, 07:38 AM
They are who they are. You think they are annoying and AGN thinks you are annoying.

You whine a lot.

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Here's some cheese to go with that whine.

http://www.coombecastle.com/cheese_pages/Pages/Celtic%20Brie%204.jpg

Buuuuuuurn! Oooh!

Seriously though, we all think we're right in our own hearts and minds. What we do with that opinion, however factual or not, is generally what makes us socially acceptable in this country. Is it more or less acceptable for you to harass them in private the same way they they harass people who disagree with them in public? Both of you would likely have the same answer, and both of you might be right. It's strange, that free speech is only highly valued when it benefits the speaker.

I, for example, hate whiners. Especially people who whine on internet message boards because they need their opinions to be validated by complete strangers in order to feel like legitimate human beings. Were I to post a thread and complain, I would become exactly what I spoke out against, and the same is true here. You have a differing opinion than someone, but you're both guilty of being immature and socially unfair. Maybe you're not so different after all?

Beldaran
11-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Seriously, straightedge is completely ridiculous. I don't drink, or smoke, or have promiscuous sex, but I don't go around fucking with people who smoke cigarettes, or pretending I'm better than people simply because I live a different lifestyle. Most of the actual "edge" guys I know are worse bigots than the hicks I used to know.
I'm sleepy, so I don't feel like ranting more. But yeah, seriously, fuck you straightedge kids.

I can't take you seriously because you have colored hair and a piercing. You don't love the Lord so your opinion doesn't count. I strive for purity in my life and if that makes you feel insecure, maybe you should re-evaluate your relationship with God.

[tests his sarcasm-o-meter]

Dechipher
11-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Straightedge is about as gay as emo.
Last time I checked you had black hair parted in the front.
Just saying.

biggiy05
11-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Straightedge is about as gay as emo.
Last time I checked you had black hair parted in the front.
Just saying.

You forgot the skirt.

punkonjunk1024
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
old pictures. :( I'll get you a new one.

MottZilla
11-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Straightedge? Um, the fuck is that? Something like "Emo"?

Lilith
11-28-2006, 09:21 PM
requesting hot new pics of punkonjunk itt

Yoshiman
11-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Funny how people lump each other in categories. I don't drink, smoke, or any of that, and people instantly go "OMG, ARE YOU STRAIGHTEDGE?" Technically, by definition I would be, but I don't go around drawing X's on the back of my hands or flaunt it like a ton of other people do.

lol @ highschool

Mott: Straightedge (abbreviated sXe) is basically the high school definition for a lifestyle where one doesn't take part in any activities that would cause them self-harm, such as consuming alcohol, tobacco, drugs, ect. Promiscous sex is also avoided as well. A lot of people (usually highschoolers) wear it like a banner.

also lol @ Dechipher's comment about hair parting. :laughing:

Aegix Drakan
11-28-2006, 10:08 PM
>_> wow...I guess that makes me straightedge then.

I kinda HAD to "wear it like a banner" otherwise I'd NEVER have got through high school intact...(BTW, it was an all boy school)

I swear, It was like being locked in a cage with an army of testosterone-happy Gorillas...If I hadn't made my position rock-solid from the start, I would've been labelled as gay or a total loser instead of an abstaining geek.

HOWEVER I do NOT interfere in other people's business. If you want to smoke, go ahead. You wanna have sex on prom night, I'm not gonna stop you. Sure I might go 0_o for a bit, but I wouldn't directly tell you not to do it, unless I knew you very well.

Rainman
11-28-2006, 10:52 PM
>_> wow...I guess that makes me straightedge then.

I kinda HAD to "wear it like a banner" otherwise I'd NEVER have got through high school intact...(BTW, it was an all boy school).

What do you mean by "intact"?

Skulkraken
11-29-2006, 05:47 AM
I guess that would make me a "straightedge", too. I've never bothered with stuff like smoking or drinking; I prefer to spend my money on video games and magazines. Unfortunately, all the time I've spent gaming left me looking perpetually stoned throughout high school, which got people in my school worried. ... I've also been told that at times I look like I've got some sort of evil plan being prepared for everyone around me.

ZTC
11-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Seriously, straightedge is completely ridiculous. I don't drink, or smoke, or have promiscuous sex, but I don't go around fucking with people who smoke cigarettes, or pretending I'm better than people simply because I live a different lifestyle.

Let's see... 'check', 'check', 'check', 'no check', 'no check'
I'm safe! :rolleyes:
I have some good friends that smoke, so... meh.
What brought this rant on anyways?

SUCCESSOR
11-29-2006, 06:46 PM
When did 99% of the population quit maturing past Middle School?

gdorf
11-29-2006, 08:22 PM
What brought this rant on anyways?

Teenage Angst.

Seriously PoJ, your rants make you sound like such a judgmental loser.

Dechipher
11-29-2006, 11:05 PM
When did 99% of the population quit maturing past Middle School?
Seriously. I've noticed that too, actually. It's a bit more present for me, having just gotten out of high school. You could start to see it in the class ahead of mine (05) and then a little bit more with my class (06) and a bit more in the class of '07. But after that it just drops off, maturity wise. Big time. And it seems like it just keeps getting worse.

I personally blame things like cartoon network and the shitty quality of toys kids have (seriously, who buys their kid's "brat" dolls?)

Jigglysaint
11-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I was only sort of straightedge in High School. Well I didn't have to worry about drugs or sex, I had virtually no friends outside Special Ed, but I did like beer, although that was limited to family and that one time I snuck a beer into school and drank it without anybody knowing.

I'd say I am far more straightedge now than before, but I don't look down at people who smoke or drink. That's not to say that I wouldn't be picky about my friends, but I won't refuse to talk to or help somebody who is. Association as well, but my guess is that people who smoke and drink are naturally repulsed by teetodolers as they do tend to be a tad more uptight or sober.

I only condemn people who go out of their ways to make somebody's life misrable, including mine.

AtmaWeapon
11-30-2006, 12:09 AM
You know, the idea behind straightedge is good; there's lots of good reasons why you shouldn't participate in activities that are destructive to your own body.

On the other hand whether you participate or not is a personal choice and no one deserves to be persecuted for the decision they make so long as they are harming no one but themselves. The straightedge crowd, more often than not, is little more than an excuse to form a clique that harasses others and pretends like they are better than everyone else. I've never directly encountered a group of them, but from threads I've read about them around the internet I see it's just as aggravating as having a large emo/goth/juggalo/insert-alternative-culture-crowd-here at your school.

Aegix Drakan
11-30-2006, 08:49 AM
On the other hand whether you participate or not is a personal choice and no one deserves to be persecuted for the decision they make so long as they are harming no one but themselves

Exactly my train of thought. If you want to do somethign hurtful to yourself, go ahead. It's not my place to stop you.

And Rainman, It would be very difficult to explain what I meant by "intact". Trying to put it simply, I mean make it through without my life being irreparably messed up, either by being forced into somehting, or by having the living snot beat out of me.

MasterSwordUltima
12-04-2006, 01:42 PM
WTF is Straightedge? Emo was pretty much just starting up when I was in High School, no frickin' clue as to what straightedge is. I did realize that the younger kids did pretty much think they were hot shit, even though they had nothing going for them. All the younger kids these days are spoiled much, thinking they're so great. Can't wait for them to reach adulthood and have to join the workforce, realizing they can't say or do half the shit they pull in school.

The Destroyed
12-05-2006, 06:25 PM
WTF is Straightedge? Emo was pretty much just starting up when I was in High School, no frickin' clue as to what straightedge is. I did realize that the younger kids did pretty much think they were hot shit, even though they had nothing going for them. All the younger kids these days are spoiled much, thinking they're so great. Can't wait for them to reach adulthood and have to join the workforce, realizing they can't say or do half the shit they pull in school.

Heh, I agree with you dude. One of my friends is kinda hardcore with the drinking and stuff, but he doesnt do crazy shit like somekids do. And most of the kids I know arent spoiled at all. Most of them are nice, sometimes the gangsters of the school arent THAT bad. I mean, there are a few fuckers, but all in all, they dont bother people.

...On the topic of the sex thing, I have a problem with that. I am not trying to make myself look cool or anything, but there is a girl that always likes to....how you say...touch me...I really hate it, cause I am the type of kid who wouldnt punch you out even if you kicked me in the balls. I just cant. And she keeps telling me, "Hey cutie...wanna touch my tits?". It really is fucking creepy... Everyone at my table says, "WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU TOUCH HER?!?!?!". Cause like everyone I know says shes hot. But, I really dont like her at all, but I dont have the guts to go up to the girl I like and talk to her...So mainly, my life is kinda screwed up. Now, back on topic...

Basically I am NOT a straightedge kid. I do admit to consume alcohol, but no where NEAR enough to get drunk. A couple gulps wont really do anything, but taste like shit. I havent smoked yet, and I plan not to, and I sometimes act like a fucking idiot to get a good joke around, but not in school. Hah, me and my friend were trying to do freejumping around his house and at a playground, and I really hurt myself jumping off his roof. Thank GOD his house is like 11" and soft dirt was there to break the fall. Yea, it sounds dumb, but for somereason, the, "Superman Impulse" hasnt lead me to a bad situation so far. But its bound to happen sometime. :(

MasterSwordUltima
12-06-2006, 03:50 PM
lmao -> "sometimes the gangsters of the school arent THAT bad."

I don't even wanna start with all the little wiggers that went to my school.

Sute
12-06-2006, 03:57 PM
I don't even wanna start with all the little wiggers that went to my school.

Mwooha.. yea.. all them wiggers at our school, that was really annoying, mainly the freshmen, they were really ballsy for the lamest reasons, then they got offended when nobody cared about their existence.

Smoking gives me massive, pulsing headaches in a five minute period, so I don't smoke. I do have beer in the fridge, but I really like koolade, good shit.