PDA

View Full Version : Zelda, and... ?

Cloral
11-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Apart from Zelda, and of course Wii Sports, what other games have people gotten for the Wii? What else is worth picking up right now?

Thunderbird
11-25-2006, 11:20 PM
I have Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. Single-player is quite fun, and the party games section is a blast, especially with multiple players.

goKi
11-26-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm still determined to pick up Red Steel. I think most of the reviewers are just being a bunch of nitpicking bitches, main reason is that noone seems to hate it for the same reason.

erm2003
11-26-2006, 12:52 AM
I have played through the first couple missions of Red Steel. I think it's good. Once I get a second nunchuck I will try out the multi-player features as well. It's pretty easy to learn too which is nice. The controls feel pretty good. This is the only other game I have besides Zelda right now.

Orion
11-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Madden is pretty good, if you like that sort of thing. Obviously not as pretty as the 360 and PS3, but it's definetly something different. I like the new controls a lot better, because it puts more of the game in your hands. If you screw up, it's your own fault, but if you do well, you feel very accomplished (it makes user tackles and picks a lot easier).

Xyvol
11-26-2006, 02:12 AM
In addition to the usuall, I picked up Trauma Center. I loved the one on the DS, and if fits perfectly into the Wii's control scheme. In fact, to me it seems to control better on the Wii. You use the nunchuck to change tools which is nice, but since there is no second screen the charater pictures and text take up the bottom right of the screen. I've read that my cause problems, but nothing you can't adjust for. The only dowfall for the game is it's still the same story as the DS game. There's some new content added, which I just unlocked but haven't played yet, so I don't know what it's like. I loved the game the first time around, so I sure it'll be just as good.

MANDRAG GANON
11-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Wow, you found Trauma Centre? When I picked up my Wii we went around to 3 or 4 stores and none of them even got any in. It was a release title wasn't it? Even still I Haven't been able to find it anywhere.

*b*
11-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Excite Truck, but only because it came in a bundle. I'm thinking of selling it off, or something...

Unless somone can convince me otherwise, that is

zeldamaster500
11-26-2006, 10:23 AM
i played that one in a demo at EBGames. its sorta good, nothing that special. though it took me a few minutes to figure out i was supposed to hold the controller sideways. XP

War Lord
11-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Excite Truck is a blast. Multiplayer especially.

Xyvol
11-29-2006, 03:32 AM
Wow, you found Trauma Centre? When I picked up my Wii we went around to 3 or 4 stores and none of them even got any in. It was a release title wasn't it? Even still I Haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Um, yeah. I just went into Best Buy today and they had everything. The only problem I had was Gamecrazy shorted me on my Zelda preorder, I had to wait few days.

*b*
11-29-2006, 03:49 AM

Somehow, I want to read that as sarcasam, but maybe that's just me. If you really like it, though, want mine?

ctrl-alt-delete
12-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Somehow, I want to read that as sarcasam, but maybe that's just me. If you really like it, though, want mine?

I actually am pretty interested in purchasing it. I played it at Gamestop, and though it seems rather short, I think it would be worth it for multiplayer sessions with my friends.

MottZilla
12-01-2006, 06:18 PM

I played Excite Truck at a Wii kiosk in GameStop today. It was pretty cool. Definitely more interesting than your regular racing game. I still want to try out a game like Elebits, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, or Red Steel though. Something that uses the pointing for shooting and such.

Warlock
12-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I played Excite Truck at a Wii kiosk in GameStop today. It was pretty cool. Definitely more interesting than your regular racing game. I still want to try out a game like Elebits, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, or Red Steel though. Something that uses the pointing for shooting and such.

Red Steel is not that great. Not that I don't think it would be good otherwise, but the control is pretty shitty on it.

12-03-2006, 11:04 PM
bowling! get the bowling. my friend has it on his widescreen hd its like you're at the bowling alley really there if i owned a bowling alley i would be mad haha.