PDA

View Full Version : Must Have Games For DS

MrCow
11-25-2006, 05:32 PM
What are the MUST HAVE games for the DS? I'm planning on getting a black dslite come xmas and was wondering your suggestions of must haves. I'm looking towards the zelda and FF game.. maybe the mana game.. what else do you guys suggest?

MottZilla
11-25-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't know if you'd agree these are must haves, but these are some good games.

Advance Wars Dual Strike
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (December)
Star Fox Command
Mega Man ZX
Final Fantasy 3
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (Not Sure when they'll come out in english yet)
Kirby Canvas Curse
Nanostray (Decent 3d Shoot em up)
MegaMan Battle Network 5 (if you're into that MegaMan RPG thing)
SD Gundam - G Generation DS (if you can read japanese ;) )
Metroid Prime Pinball
Resident Evil Deadly Silence (it's Resident Evil 1, decent game)

There are probably other good ones out there.

vegeta1215
11-25-2006, 06:37 PM
I only have a few DS games, but all of them are pretty good.

If you have access to a wireless internet connection and are interested in online play, Mario Kart DS and Tetris DS are no brainers. They're great games on their own and playing people online is a lot of fun. Metroid Prime: Hunters was a big let down for me in regards to it's single player game, but if you're into online deathmatch, you might want to check it out.

If you like RPGs, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is a ton of fun. You also should check out the first Mario & Luigi game on GBA if you haven't already (it's a Player's Choice game now and is really cheap) I've only tried a demo, but Meteos is a pretty fun puzzle game that uses the touch screen really well.

KJAZZ
11-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Phoenix Wright is an absolute must. Elite Beat Agents is good if you like rhythm games, Ouendan is great also if you're into importing as well. New Super Mario Bros. and Yoshi's Island DS are good games, but I wouldn't say they were "Must have" unless you're a big fan of platformers.

goKi
11-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Just a few i haven't seen on anyone else's list yet:

Metroid Prime Hunters (for Wifi Multiplayer, the single player is pretty bad)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All

Warlock
11-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I think Mario Kart DS is probably the best game on the system period.

Other than that, I can attest for at least most of what everyone has said as being good.

And yes, Metroid Prime: Hunters only get for multiplayer. It's fun for that, but the singleplayer on it is lame as hell. The whole thing though suffers from poor control issues (really I wish there was a "Metroid Prime for GameCube" style control option just for those of us who hate the way it controls).

Also, I wouldn't call this necessarily a "must have" game, but I actually had a lot of fun with Super Princess Peach (as weird as that sounds). It's a little on the easy side, but it's actually a pretty solid platformer.

vegeta1215
11-26-2006, 12:48 AM
And yes, Metroid Prime: Hunters only get for multiplayer. It's fun for that, but the singleplayer on it is lame as hell. The whole thing though suffers from poor control issues (really I wish there was a "Metroid Prime for GameCube" style control option just for those of us who hate the way it controls).

I actually didn't mind the controls so much, I thought they worked well for what they were trying to do. I just got tired of fighting the same boring enemies and bosses over and over again, having escape sequences that don't make any sense, having virtually no suit upgrades aside from new beams, and game maps that are just battle arenas strung together. Plus, it's just boring overall.

Visually and sound wise it is top notch, but I was really expecting more since Metroid has always been a single player game. But, that's what you get when you have a 2nd party developer make a 1st party franchise game. And I feel this has happened a lot recently with Nintendo. (Starfox series, portable Zeldas, etc)

mrz84
11-27-2006, 10:20 AM
I've only played two games for ds (both were in-store demos), New Super Mario and Nintendogs. I'd recommend the former more so than the latter.