PDA

View Full Version : Quest Contests!

beefster09
11-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Okay, I'm having Monthly Quest Contests. (not necessarily every month; just the minimum time between contests) These contests are designed so that newbies can have a better chance at getting better ratings. DN says it's fine, so here's the deal:

The first contest will be around January 1, since that is when ZC 2.5 will be out.

You are generally going to get 3 days to 3 weeks to make and submit a quest from SCRATCH. You will be given a tileset to work with.

When you submit your Completed quest, PM it to me. (or PM the link) This prevents your quest from being played by people other than me. Then I play all of the quests, and pick the best 3, and put them up for voting. All of the rest won't see the light of day until sometime later in the future. Probably just a week or so after the contest. Anyway, the ultimate winner will be submitted to the QDB and PZC.

Here is the format for each contest:

Name of Contest

All Submissions by date
Theme
# of Dungeons
Items to use
Unusual Elements
Link to the Tileset
Criteria you will be critiqued on.

Well, That's about it. If any other devs and/or mods are unhappy with this, you can let me know.

PS: I was kinda hoping I would get a subforum, as to avoid spamming up the forum.

Dart Zaidyer
11-24-2006, 09:42 PM
You may not make your own tiles; You can only change combos and references.

I find this rule to be extremely limiting. Why not reward creativity, instead of encouraging quest makers to languish inside the usual box?

beefster09
11-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Good point. I'll change that.