PDA

View Full Version : Good Game Gear Games?

punkonjunk1024
11-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Yup, getting another system, so I need to know what games are worth playing. Looking for sonic games, beat-em-ups, and RPGs, and you know, typical platformers and stuff.

MottZilla
11-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Umm... there's a Mega Man game. And uh... there are some Sonic games that are decent sorta... Honestly there are better systems to buy than GG.

punkonjunk1024
11-25-2006, 01:47 AM
it's only like 20 bucks. :) And I'm getting a battery pack, so no wasted double-As.

MottZilla
11-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Well, here's some I've heard are good.

Alien 3
Star Wars
Sonic The Hedgehog
Super Return of the Jedi (StarWars)
Mortal Kombat 1 and 2

Google around a bit. I can't really recommend anything as GameGear was not that memorable to me.

Warlock
11-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Umm... there's a Mega Man game. And uh... there are some Sonic games that are decent sorta... Honestly there are better systems to buy than GG.

Haha yeah.. didn't it have like just 4 bosses from MM5? I remember it basically just being a rehash of that game.. maybe it had some from MM4 too, I can't remember now (been ages since I played it).

MottZilla
11-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Yup. I think it was actually called like, "Best of MegaMan". I think it had guys from MegaMan 4, and maybe 5. I seem to recall StarMan being in it, which was 5 I think. And also BrightMan, which was 4.

Thunderbird
11-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I have an unusual game called Gear Works, which I found quite fun, if not quite hard in the later levels. I also have a Battleship game for my Game Gear which is a bit different from your typical game. But since I don't have the AC adapter for my Game Gear anymore (I'm NOT putting batteries in it), I can't really play it.

MottZilla
11-25-2006, 01:23 PM
You can't spend 8 bucks to buy one? I forget what the volts, amps, and center polarity need to be, but you should be able to find one for the GG pretty easy.

War Lord
11-25-2006, 01:29 PM
I miss my Game Gear.

Had a lot of fun with that system. I loved it at the time because gameboy still had no color, and here I had a full color hand held.

I forget what all games I had, but they were fun.
I do for a fact remember Ninja Gaiden and Aerial Assault.

Sonic is also a given. It's standard sonic fun.

Warlock
11-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Yup. I think it was actually called like, "Best of MegaMan". I think it had guys from MegaMan 4, and maybe 5. I seem to recall StarMan being in it, which was 5 I think. And also BrightMan, which was 4.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it definately had Nitroman and Stoneman (? did I get that name right?)

MottZilla
11-25-2006, 06:14 PM
You should have told me you missed it, I sold a Game Gear just alittle while ago with 3 games: Double Dragon, Sonic 2, X-Men. You can always get one on ebay for dirt cheap.

ZTC
11-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Sonic 2
Sonic Chaos
Sonic Triple Trouble
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
wasn't there a Shining force series for the GG as well?
(and) I've heard that the Golden Axe game was pretty good. (hell, I should go to the local gameshop and get some of their GG games, wonder if they still have some in the box sealed...)

AtmaWeapon
11-30-2006, 02:10 AM
ROAD RASH

Oh man I don't know why I found the game so fun; it was pretty repetitive but something about punching people on motorcycles and ramping off of cars from time to time was really really fun. I spent hours hiding under the covers after bedtime playing it.

MottZilla
11-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Hehe. I had Road Rash for Sega CD and Road Rash 64. Both great games. You're right too, there's just something about racing and beating the hell out of people next to you so appealing.