PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

Mega Link
11-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Could someone make a script that "fish" move randomly in water on layer 0.5. And once in a while one will bite the bait.

The controls whould be (the fishing pole as an item):
B: start fishing (only works if you are facing water)
Once fishing:
B: reel in
up: nudge north
down: nudge south
left: nudge left
right: nudge right

bluedeath
11-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Impossible.

Saffith
11-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Impossible.Not at all. Not only is it possible, it really shouldn't even be all that difficult.
Though I think item scripting isn't quite working yet, so it'll have to wait for at least the next beta. Until then, it could just ignore what item's selected. The two versions might work significantly differently, though.

The only part of that can't be done is to make the fish appear beneath layer 0. Instead, the fish themselves will have to be translucent, which should look the same as if the water were.

I'd love to do it, but I'm a bit too busy these days. Maybe C-Dawg's up for it.

C-Dawg
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I'll work on it over the weekend, perhaps. But only if you've fixed the multiple FFC bug, at long last.

(You know you'll end up fixing it, anyway).

Mega Link
12-01-2006, 07:25 PM
THANK YOU!
:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :surprise: :surprise: :highfive: :highfive: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Impossible.

Not at all. Not only is it possible, it really shouldn't even be all that difficult.
Though I think item scripting isn't quite working yet, so it'll have to wait for at least the next beta. Until then, it could just ignore what item's selected. The two versions might work significantly differently, though.

The only part of that can't be done is to make the fish appear beneath layer 0. Instead, the fish themselves will have to be translucent, which should look the same as if the water were.

I'd love to do it, but I'm a bit too busy these days. Maybe C-Dawg's up for it.

Uhhh... 0.5 is between layers 0 and 1. Or the fish could just be on layer 1.

Oh, did I say thank you?

Saffith
12-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Gah, you're right. That's precisely the usual place for them. Don't know what I was thinking.
Wait, maybe it's 1.5... Well, no matter. Not much difference, really.

Plissken
12-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Wow this would actually be the coolest thing ever. Why didn't I think of it...

bluedeath
12-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Jeese... I dont even know how scripting works.

Petoe
12-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Jeese... I dont even know how scripting works.

Me neither. I am becoming a totally useless and talentless questmaker, but thank goodness for great guys like C-Dawg, L and Saffith. :)

bluedeath
12-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Yup! Thank you C-Dawg,_L_, and Saffith!

Lotus_Eater
12-03-2006, 07:56 PM
This would be a great script. Being able to have fishing ponds would be loads of fun, even if you can't sell them, I'd just fish all day :)

Moresco
12-15-2006, 10:39 PM
I'd be into fishing too. I wonder how you'd go about it...

Randomly count to get bites? And then have the water splash, and have to hit A right when it does? You don't even need to see fish anyway, unless you really want to I guess.

after you caught a fish....what would happen? how would you know you caught one? where would you indicate that?

Lotus_Eater
12-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Soooo, is C_Dawg actually going to work on this, or just tell us he is, but isn't.

Sorry, got to egg you on a bit, what can I say.

bluedeath
12-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Perhaps a script for fishing and once you catch a fish the item is bait? And the bait looks like fish to make it a lil dramatic.

Moresco
12-16-2006, 07:25 PM
I started working on something, but it's not going all that well I must say. Not everything seems to be working and documentation is incomplete, so it's not easy...

Lotus_Eater
12-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Here would be the best way I can see doing it, have a fishing screen. You may only fish on screens that can be fished at. The simplest way to code it would be charge X Rupees, the player has a good chance of catching a crappy fish, a medium chance of catching a decent fish, a small chance of catching a good fish, and a slim chance of catching a great fish, each fish is worth so many rupees, say 1, 10, 30, and then a HCP perhaps. Well that's basically how it is done with RPG Maker, you just randomnly get a fish, no real control, I am not sure how possible it would be to rig a system up with more control though. But perhaps just a simple version would be a good start?

Moresco
12-17-2006, 02:05 AM
I sort of am thinking the same thing as you, but I'm building the fishing screens into the map. The screens with ponds to fish at, have a fishOk kind of variable on them that is activated by a FFC on the corresponding screen. I dunno, it's working but I don't have a fishing routine yet :p

Mega Link
12-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Is the script done yet?

C-Dawg
12-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Nah, but I'm not ignoring you. I'll get to it eventually.

Din
02-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Here would be the best way I can see doing it, have a fishing screen. You may only fish on screens that can be fished at. The simplest way to code it would be charge X Rupees, the player has a good chance of catching a crappy fish, a medium chance of catching a decent fish, a small chance of catching a good fish, and a slim chance of catching a great fish, each fish is worth so many rupees, say 1, 10, 30, and then a HCP
Maybe the fish could also be items which you can eat. That would be great!

beefster09
02-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Maybe the fish could also be items which you can eat. That would be great!
Like bait/potions? It never was like that in any Zelda game, but I don't see why not.