PDA

View Full Version : BS-Zelda Animation rule obsolete

Woppodie
11-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Despite the fact that you can select BS animation in the Link sprite screen, you still need to check the "BS-Zelda Animation" rule. Its more of an annoyance than anything, but you don't have to check a rule for LttP style animation.

beefster09
11-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Dude, this isn't a bug; this is a suggestion. Good suggestion though.

Woppodie
11-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Well, if it is considered a suggestion, could this be moved to the appropriate forum? I was going to make a related suggestion. The reason I considered this to be a bug was that the other non-standard animation doesn't require a special rule.

Ok, the suggestion is this. Why not have a box where you can type the number of animation frames you have for link? It is already done like that for cycling combos. Technically, I think you could attach a cycling combo to link via script, but this would be much easier.

Radien ZC
11-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Ok, the suggestion is this. Why not have a box where you can type the number of animation frames you have for link? It is already done like that for cycling combos. Technically, I think you could attach a cycling combo to link via script, but this would be much easier.
Why not, you ask? Well, I can think of one reason why not: the various Link tiles don't all animate in linear order. For instance, if you have 3 frames of animation for BS-animated Link, it animates like this:

Frame 1 -> Frame 2 -> Frame 1 -> Frame 3 -> (etc.)

...Yeah, they could change it so that it's actually 4 frames and one frame is a duplicate, but remember that ZC/ZQuest needs to be mostly compatible with imported quests from older versions.

Just a questmaker's observation.

Hot Water Music
12-01-2006, 07:28 PM
But this is a bug:

LTTP ANIMATION IS BROKEN

Woppodie
12-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Why not, you ask? Well, I can think of one reason why not: the various Link tiles don't all animate in linear order. For instance, if you have 3 frames of animation for BS-animated Link, it animates like this:

Frame 1 -> Frame 2 -> Frame 1 -> Frame 3 -> (etc.)

...Yeah, they could change it so that it's actually 4 frames and one frame is a duplicate, but remember that ZC/ZQuest needs to be mostly compatible with imported quests from older versions.

Just a questmaker's observation.

Ok, so clearly it would require more work than I thought. Maybe have the menu that the current betas have with 4 options: Classic, BS, LttP, and Custom.

Also, while going for change, might as well go for the full thing, and not have to worry about varying degrees of compatibility. Why not allow the speed of the animation to be set in the custom mode, along with the number of frames of animation?