PDA

View Full Version : SOS! Error Exporting Maps

ChainLink
11-24-2006, 03:08 AM
OK...this one's to you big shots out there. Is the Export/Import Map function a fully working feature in ZC2.10? If so, what is the cause of the error message "Error Saving Map 'Filename.'" Am I neglecting some procedure preparation? Are there certain conditions a map has to meet before it's exported? Are my files or .exe's corrupted? The primary point of my problem is this...I have a new quest version and previous saved version with some extensive map changes between the two. My newest file has had all the dungeons wiped out but has the desired overworld map. The previous saved version has all the necessary dungeons, but a decidedly dated overworld map. I've managed to import my new tile sets and strings and so forth, but the separation of my overworld and underworld maps is the source of some extremely fierce frustration given my inability to export/import maps between the files (at least I'm assuming this would be the easiest fix for this). I'm guessing I changed the number of dungeons to 1 on accident in the new file and saved it (argh! -if so, this feature needs a confirmation box!!) In short...are there any other ideas on how to rig 2 maps together besides importing/exporting? Any ideas on the import/export error message? Anything simple I'm missing to export/import maps? For the Love of Link, someone please help...I have tried and tried and tried and completely run out of ideas. I promise everyone good rep for good advice. Thanks very much for your time!

Luigi
11-24-2006, 10:13 AM
2.10's in the process of being stabilized, and I don't think this has been reported as a bug in the '2.10 Bugs (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=94306)' thread yet - if you report it there, it can be fixed prior to this new version being released.