PDA

View Full Version : Michael Richard's (Kramer's) Racist Freakout

MANDRAG GANON
11-23-2006, 02:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjE0E5lgm9Q

I never coulda seen him freaking out like this, though my friend tells me he apparently freaks out all the time.

Also I find it hard to believe that this word still has such power (mind you he did say it with quite abit of power) but honestly, the word is thrown around more than a baseball now adays. Maybe I'm just desensitized to words and find no power to them to rile up emotions due to the fact that I've been called them everyday for my entire life. Maybe the audience was as well, considering they were laughing until the black guys made known that they were quite offended before they decided, yeah ok this is wrong I guess. I still believe that people should stop acting as though the word is some kind of special club if they are gonna take such offence to it.

I'd Like to see what happened before the video though to see what caused such a vicious lash out. Because that was quite outrightly mean, and I can't see and reason that they would deserve that. Unless they were chucking chairs at him or pissing on him or something. And even still.

Nothing Surprises me anymore.

Dechipher
11-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Wow. I didn't see that one coming. Kind of depressing, you know? I disagree that people should get upset at the word, due to its frequent use offhand by people who claim to get offended by it. However, it truly DOES offend some people, black and white. So maybe people should practice more discretion.

mikeron
11-23-2006, 06:23 AM
He's not a racist. He's an asshole.

Verman
11-24-2006, 05:07 PM
hahah that was hilarious.

I love him

DarkDragoonX
11-24-2006, 06:48 PM
So, some celelbrity behaved like a total jackass? I believe that successfully makes the Big List of THings I Don't Give a Shit About.

Mitsukara
11-24-2006, 10:47 PM
"No, Stanley, no!!!" (from the commentary, in case you know what I'm talking about but you're thinking "WTF is that line??")

Am I wrong to think of this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7OW2TkvfDQ

Hmm. Well, it seems to me like he was feeling depressed and frustrated with his career, and after being heckled, and in turn jumped to the most offensive/shocking response he could muster. Not a good idea, but he certainly seemed to be in a shitty mood, too. The show sounds like it wasn't going very well either.

It's been my observation that the dreaded n-word holds more political offense than personal offense in most cases, unless it's really used as a degrading, cutting insult by someone you can't stand up to or something. I think it's usually less "OH MY GOD he said that about me?" and more like "HEY, you can't say that about me, you jackass!" Yes, it's pretty offensive, no it's never really a good thing to say, but I doubt the guy was majorly bruised just so much as pissed off, or alternatively perhaps he wanted to rile him up like that; hard to say without seeing the exchange before this point. And as it was pointed out, that could've been really dangerous in the wrong place.

It's a big ol' screwup. Kinda sad; I like what I've seen of Michael Richard's acting (UHF and Seinfeld are all really, but he was quite good in them). I hope things work out relatively okay with the ensuing mess. I mean, not that I'm defending him, but it'd be a shame for his career to permanently die of it too.

MottZilla
11-24-2006, 11:51 PM
I don't see how it's a screw up at all. Some asshole in the crowd wouldn't shut up. He called him a nigger or whatever and the guy deserved it. Fuck em. The sad part is other people that shouldn't care, have to pretend to care, to not seem racist to these whiney bitches.

This wouldn't make me want to see his act less, infact after this, I'm much more interested in seeing his act.

Breaker
11-25-2006, 12:03 AM
I don't think people were nearly upset about his use of the word nigger as they were when was talking about lynching and sticking forks up their black asses. This really isn't about a white guy saying nigger. He was being a racist dick in every sense of the word.

Gerudo
11-25-2006, 05:33 PM
people get called niggers everyday. people get heckled everyday. the only difference is that kramer is famous.

they got what was coming to them, and they only acted offended, where in all reality, they werent. just a bunch of panies.

Beldaran
11-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I've noticed that they aren't being asked to apologize for calling him a cracker.

Racist society.

Daarkseid
11-25-2006, 06:41 PM
I've noticed that they aren't being asked to apologize for calling him a cracker.

Because as white people, we aren't so insecure? I mean we rule the world. Some brown skinned natives call us "cracker", we just laugh and reply with a condescending "How cute!"

Beldaran
11-25-2006, 06:49 PM
I don't rule the world, so I find it offensive. I'm too intelligent to lump myself in with everyone of the same skin pigment and say "we this" or "we that". There are only individuals in the world. Some are smart and most are very stupid. The stupid ones band together and refer to themselves as some kind of collective whole, as if putting all of their stupidity together will add up to some greater intelligence. Unfortunately, stupidity is like a negative number. The more you add them together, the farther away from positive you get.

Daarkseid
11-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I don't rule the world, so I find it offensive. I'm too intelligent to lump myself in with everyone of the same skin pigment and say "we this" or "we that". There are only individuals in the world.

So why does Michael Richard's being called a cracker offend you? He, the individual, was called cracker, not you, the individual.

You're not lumping yourself with other whites, so why are you offended?

Beldaran
11-25-2006, 08:55 PM
You are otherwise correct, except that I meant to imply that I'm offended by the media response, and not the insult itself. I find the hypocrisy offensive to me personally, because I hate it. Just like I find the smell of shit offensive.

Lilith
11-25-2006, 10:16 PM
---

Beldaran
11-25-2006, 11:27 PM
I find your post to be unfounded by fact.

There's absolutely no reason to call someone a racial slur for interuppting your show. You can yell back that they're stupid, or bastards, or annoying, etc, but there's no reason at all to call them a racial slur. That's uncivilized,

Why is it worse to call someone a racial slur than it is to call them a horrible name? It's because our collectivist society, of which you appear to be a drone, has made cultural association so vastly more important than individualism that it is not considered uncivilised to completely demean and individual, but it IS considered uncivilized to demean a culture. I find this to be morally repugnant.

and it's kind of hilarious that a lot of coincidently white males are saying to brush it off ...able-bodied white males not having a clue.

I am 50% hispanic. My grandparents immigrated to the United States from Puerto Rico and amongst my close relatives, English is a second language. Your assumptions are false and contribute nothing to your argument. Even if I were 100% white, the idea that that could detract from my argument in your eyes makes you a racist person.

It's a white guy being able to do something to a black guy that they have no power to do back.

It is incorrect to think that black people have no power to insult white people. It would seem you've never been to the inner city.

Come on. Does someone saying Cracker really make you feel shitty about being white?

Does being called a nigger make a black person "feel shitty" for being black? No. It bothers them. Just like being called anything negative bothers me.

The black-white double standard in this country is appalling.

Lilith
11-25-2006, 11:58 PM
---

Beldaran
11-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Well, I scanned your post for any sort of proof of anything, and all I saw was sarcasm so I will take that as an admission that you are completely wrong about everything.

EDIT: By the way, if you don't agree that you admitted to being wrong about everything, then consider that I'm only putting words in your mouth that are wildly different than you what you said because you've established a precedence for doing so. So basically, unless you fully retract your entire post and write something legitimate, I will assume you have admitted to being completely wrong on all counts and that you have a profound new respect for me.

Lilith
11-26-2006, 01:12 AM
---

MANDRAG GANON
11-26-2006, 01:15 AM
It's a white guy being able to do something to a black guy that they have no power to do back. (Come on. Does someone saying Cracker really make you feel shitty about being white? You've got to be kidding.)

They got him to freak out like that by heckling him, it may not of been racial comments but regardless, they had the power to make him feel shitty. They had the power to make his entire audience leave, the audience was having a good old time until the black guys started fighting back, only then did the situation turn wrong. Plus how do we know they weren't saying something racist to begin with, we never saw what happened previous.

I find it offensive when someone calls me a cracker cuz there absoloutly no need for it? For the exact same reason, what does the colour of my skin have to do with anything, hate me for me being me not because I'm white, or ill hate your for being an asshole.

I'm not black, but I'm going to speak for their entire race without ever having experienced their perspective for a minute of my present life, only further illustrating my insecurity in being kept out of a subculture that doesn't particularly like me.

:glare: And your one to talk? Last time I checked you weren't black, don't speak for an entire race etc..

Destroyed? Far from it.

And since were in the mood for macros.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/MANDRAGGANON/OWNED1.jpgMaybe? No?

Beldaran
11-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Reeling in the blow of not checking all my facts on wikipedia beforehand, I can only concede to the pseudo-intellectual ad hominem that oozes out of your greasy, 50% Puerto Rican pores.

Your attempt at personal insult lends no credibility to your arguments, and I'm not sure what other affect you intended it to have. Either way, I think you have demonstrated yourself to be far more racist than any of the "white males" whose arguments you seem to discredit based on race. Never mind that the only difference between a white male and you is gender. So either your arguments are equally invalid, or theirs are equally credible.

Daarkseid
11-26-2006, 02:06 AM
First off Mandrag, you're canadian, the issue of White and Black American relations doesn't apply, get out.

Second, color blindness is a nice philosophy, but too many people are born into the evil "collectivist" construct to all be enough of an enlightened individual, like Beldaran, to idealistically isolate themselves from the real world.

Beldaran
11-26-2006, 02:47 AM
It doesn't seem like you would need to isolate yourself from the world in order to view each human as an individual human. One does not have to be a weirdo-isolationist to rise above tribal instincts.

MottZilla
11-26-2006, 03:30 AM
I don't think people were nearly upset about his use of the word nigger as they were when was talking about lynching and sticking forks up their black asses. This really isn't about a white guy saying nigger. He was being a racist dick in every sense of the word.

I still don't see what to get upset about. This was some asshole that was black, that wouldn't shut the fuck up, so the asshole on stage went off on him. What's the big deal? I don't see the whole racial issue here. It's issues between assholes/scum. There are plenty of civilized human beings that don't go around and see white people or black people and start calling them names or whatever.

Again, this incident wasn't about civilized people. It was a bunch of assholes being assholes. Holy shit we've never seen that happen before.

Edit: Daark brought it to my attension (I didn't know this) that apparently it wasn't the "black guy"s fault, that they got there late and were ordering drinks or something and Mechael Richard's got all offended and was a jackass. If that's true, then he's an asshole and deserves to be shunned like anyone that actually makes racist remarks to be racist.

So oh well.

Mr. 207
11-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Edit: Daark brought it to my attension (I didn't know this) that apparently it wasn't the "black guy"s fault, that they got there late and were ordering drinks or something and Mechael Richard's got all offended and was a jackass. If that's true, then he's an asshole and deserves to be shunned like anyone that actually makes racist remarks to be racist.

Eh., I'm inclined to believe thats not true...If Michael Richards is the type who flies off the handle over something as simple as someone showing up late for one of his shows and ordering drinks, I have a feeling that this wouldnt be the first time we'd heard of him doing something like this.

I think what Richards did was wrong, but I also am sickened by the fact that the two victims are trying to get money from Richards over this. They're going on TV shows and saying how Richards tirade brought all these bad feelings and memories from the past up, and I dont doubt that thats true, but that doesn't mean they should be owed money as a result. Richards apologized to them, they were given a full refund for they're night as the club, and in my opinion thats all they should get. Sadly though thats not the way our society works, and I have a bad feeling that in the end when all is said and done, these two will each be about a million dollars richer.

mikeron
11-27-2006, 06:49 PM
You guys are fucking retarded. There's absolutely no reason to call someone a racial slur for interuppting your show. You can yell back that they're stupid, or bastards, or annoying, etc, but there's no reason at all to call them a racial slur. That's uncivilized, and it's kind of hilarious that a lot of coincidently white males are saying to brush it off. I don't know, maybe apply it to one of your own problems? If I cut in line for a movie, and someone told me to get out of the way, that'd be my problem if I were offended. If they called me a stupid bitch and told me to suck their dick because I was a girl, or something? Then I'd have a right to get offended. Interuppting someone's probably not-funny comedy show and getting that shit shoved in your face? Uncalled for. It's a white guy being able to do something to a black guy that they have no power to do back. (Come on. Does someone saying Cracker really make you feel shitty about being white? You've got to be kidding.) Lol@able-bodied white males not having a clue.

Actually, shock comedy is a huge part of the better comedy clubs. People who want to act righteous every time they hear a word they don't like need to die out so that we can get over it already - Black people won't be able to rise above the past until they give up on treating themselves like victims. Michael Richards probably did cross the line, but if you listen to the longer audio cut of his show, people are laughing the whole time. His material pushes the envelope, and now he's stuck dealing with Jesse Jackson (who's done more harm to the Black community than Richards ever could), instead of just the guys from the audience, who are the only people he should apologize to. Stop giving The N-Word so much power.

Now where's my pizza already, guinea?

punkonjunk1024
11-28-2006, 07:01 AM
So why does Michael Richard's being called a cracker offend you? He, the individual, was called cracker, not you, the individual.

You're not lumping yourself with other whites, so why are you offended?

holy shit pwn

No seriously though, I think this is retarded. I think I already made a thread about the word nigger. We should seriously all be saying it. It should be the new fuck.
And then there's that whole difference between niggers and blacks.

But yeah, that dude was being a fucking prick. That was a bit excessive, even for me. *shrug* I don't know how to explain the difference between being a regular ol' dick, and being a racist with the word, but I think he's got the latter down.

and are you guys seriously getting this pissed off? Fuck, it's not like this effects anyone. He said nigger, as was said, it effects an individual, and if are effected as part of a group...
well then you're the NIGGER. jesus.

Beldaran
11-28-2006, 10:21 AM
holy shit pwn

You are otherwise correct, except that I meant to imply that I'm offended by the media response, and not the insult itself. I find the hypocrisy offensive to me personally, because I hate it.

Did you read all the posts in the thread?

punkonjunk1024
11-28-2006, 04:36 PM
not really, that was just a pretty good one. :P
I think overall, after I made that post and read the rest of it, most of the pwnage occurred on lilith. :(

MottZilla
11-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Eh., I'm inclined to believe thats not true...If Michael Richards is the type who flies off the handle over something as simple as someone showing up late for one of his shows and ordering drinks, I have a feeling that this wouldnt be the first time we'd heard of him doing something like this.

I think what Richards did was wrong, but I also am sickened by the fact that the two victims are trying to get money from Richards over this. They're going on TV shows and saying how Richards tirade brought all these bad feelings and memories from the past up, and I dont doubt that thats true, but that doesn't mean they should be owed money as a result. Richards apologized to them, they were given a full refund for they're night as the club, and in my opinion thats all they should get. Sadly though thats not the way our society works, and I have a bad feeling that in the end when all is said and done, these two will each be about a million dollars richer.

I would hope not. That's pretty pathetic if someone calling you a nigger can get you big bucks. Ofcouse like you mentioned, in our society a guy can rob your house and get hurt and sue you. That makes perfect sense. Just like giving them a ton of money for being called a racial slur.

Lilith
11-28-2006, 09:22 PM
---

Dechipher
11-29-2006, 01:32 AM
I get owned for pointing out white people are discussing the word nigger

WTF were you thinking?

Beldaran
11-29-2006, 02:20 AM
You essentially said white people CAN'T discuss the word nigger.

Verman
11-29-2006, 10:29 AM
You guys are making too big of a deal about this. Its a good word. It describes some of the african american race. They aren't all 'niggers' soem are actully just good people. On the other hand I can call whoever I want whatever I want. Like wise I deserve any kind of beating I get for doing it. Also have to be able to take what i dish out, nothing is worse then some little fucker who can mouth off to people but then cries when it happens to him/her. Example: Beldaran (kidding :P thought i'd throw in an attack)

Tygore
11-29-2006, 10:44 AM
You essentially said white people CAN'T discuss the word nigger.

Are you saying that the bulk of this thread is "Lilith hates etymology"?

Executioner of Deities
11-29-2006, 02:55 PM
The black-white double standard in this country is appalling.
Agreed. Totally. The niggers want to make themselves out to be victims of the terrible n word and oppression of the white man because they're too fucking lazy to be entirely independant as the rest of society is deemed to be capable of. They have to have a scapegoat, a reason to ask for a handout, because they sure as shit aren't going to get a decent paying job. I dont think the incident affected them adversly in the least, after all, before they walked into the club they were probably calling each other "nigger" all night long. What's so different about it when a white person says it? 40 years ago it was a racial slur, today it's a classification, just as bum, or jackass, or dickhead is. And they didn't just walk in and politely order drinks at the bar...they came in at the middle of the show, obnoxiously yelling at each other and the bartender so loudly as to interrupt the show and ruin Michael Richards' performance. He had every right to go off on them, in whatever way he saw fit. I think he did a fine thing, he stood up for himself and demanded the respect he deserved as a performer, albeit in an equally obnoxious and appalling manner. An eye for an eye as they say. Fuck those whiney bitches and their ridiculous claims of persecution. They deserve to be hung upside down with a fork stuck up their ass for being the loud obnoxious worthless bastards that they are. Richards said nigger, they said cracker...even steven mother fuckers, take a hike.

SUCCESSOR
11-29-2006, 03:56 PM
I get owned for pointing out white people are discussing the word nigger

From where I am sitting you seem to be the most racist person in this thread.

Verman
11-29-2006, 05:28 PM
From where I am sitting you seem to be the most racist person in this thread.

Guess I'm not trying hard enough then.

but then again when i was growing up my best friend was black... Then sadly, my dad sold him.

SUCCESSOR
11-29-2006, 06:54 PM
You're just lame.

Racism is about the stupidest issue on can debate. Mostly because it is about the stupidest belief one can have.

Nigger is a great and effective word. It's like a specialized weapon with bonus attack points on certain classes.

Breaker
11-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Fuck those whiney bitches and their ridiculous claims of persecution. They deserve to be hung upside down with a fork stuck up their ass for being the loud obnoxious worthless bastards that they are. Richards said nigger, they said cracker...even steven mother fuckers, take a hike.

Wow.

Lilith
11-29-2006, 09:18 PM
---

SUCCESSOR
11-30-2006, 12:01 AM
This is nothing new: No one cares about Lilith.

mikeron
11-30-2006, 09:21 PM
This just in: Lilith doesn't care about white peoplezomg music career get!

punkonjunk1024
12-01-2006, 12:12 AM
this thread is lol.

EDIT

Oh yeah, on topic.

Those fuckin' niggers. Fuck. Niggers. Go back to like africa, lulz.

Dechipher
12-01-2006, 02:27 AM
this thread is lol.

EDIT

Oh yeah, on topic.

Those fuckin' niggers. Fuck. Niggers. Go back to like africa, lulz.

Actually that wasn't on topic at all.

Way to be.

EDIT

Oh yeah, on topic.

I'm trying to decide how I feel about this. Did he seriously just lose it, or just take it too far and dig himself in too deep?

I'd like to see this thread continue, because it's interesting and I don't want to see it closed because people are being stupid.

punkonjunk1024
12-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't think he's actually racist. I think he went waaay too far, because he's a tiny bit crazy, and he found it funny that the black dude was so pissed, regardless of the audiences reaction. *shrug* thats just what I got out of it, though.

erm2003
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
On a lighter note dealing with this topic:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/11/seinfeld-recut.html

I found this pretty funny.