PDA

View Full Version : Screen Size Problems

iluvnes
11-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I just upgraded from v1.92 of Zelda Classic to v2.10. For some reason, the screen size is very small in both the 2.10 ZQuest editor and Zelda Classic and there is no way to make it larger, even though it was just fine when I used 1.92. I went into Zquest and full screen is selected, and in Zelda Classic, there are no options for screen size, it just displays information when you select video. There is no way I can make or play my quest with such a small screen, especially since it makes everything run really slow. Zelda Classic is saying that it's only running in 320 X 240....although it's obviously not running at that resolution. I just don't know what the problem is. I need some help please.

Mega Link
11-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Did you use the link that downloads an install program? If so, go to Start>Programs>Zelda Classic>Zquest Double OR Zelda Classic Large.

Nicholas Steel
11-22-2006, 11:24 AM
a) 2.10 doesn't have an official installer

b) in the ag.cfg file found within your zelda classic folder you will find a option called sbig=0 change this to sbig=1 and save it and try running zelda classic.

note, open ag.cfg with notepad.

Mega Link
11-22-2006, 04:05 PM
I tryed doing that with 2.11 b14 and ZC doubled by the window didn't. :confuse2:

iluvnes
11-22-2006, 06:26 PM
I changed the sbig in the afg.chd just like you told me, and that didn't change anything. Any other suggestions?

Linkus
11-22-2006, 06:33 PM
If you want a larger screen in ZQuest, go into ag.cfg and find the line "scale = 1". set this number to 2, and ZQuest should double in size.

iluvnes
11-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Ok, I changed resx and resy as well as sbig and that finally got the screen larger, at least in the ZC Player, but it had no effect on the Zquest editor and neither did changing the scale.

However, even with the larger screen...it still runs like crap when I'm trying to play my game, very very slow. I have a 3.4 ghz computer, so there is no way the game is running slow cause my computer can't handle it. Plus, v1.92 ran just fine.

Nicholas Steel
11-23-2006, 12:14 AM
here are recommended settings for crappy graphics and performance.

resx=640
resy=480
sbig=1

-----

also tap alt-enter to see if it makes it full screen... if this didnt work then go to where the games exe file is and right click it and drag it (with the right mouse button) to where your old zelda classic shortcuts are and then try running it from the shortcut's.

iluvnes
11-23-2006, 03:07 AM
here are recommended settings for crappy graphics and performance.

resx=640
resy=480
sbig=1

Those are the settings I used. They made the picture bigger (in the ZC Player), but everything still runs really slow (like I'm running an old 486 PC or something)

also tap alt-enter to see if it makes it full screen...

It already is full screen, it's just the picture is very small in the middle and the rest of the screen is black. Pressing alt-enter just puts it in a window where the picture is still really small.

if this didnt work then go to where the games exe file is and right click it and drag it (with the right mouse button) to where your old zelda classic shortcuts are and then try running it from the shortcut's.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this...you mean try to run the quest in v1.92 again? It does work just fine in 1.92...but 2.10 and 2.11 have this problem for some reason.

Moresco
12-18-2006, 03:24 PM
I use the following:

resx=640
resy=480
sbig=1

and I made a shortcut for the 2.11 beta15 where the shortcut Target is:
"C:\YOURDIRECTORY\zc211b15w\zelda-w.exe" -windowed -scale 1

For double make it -scale 2