PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving plans?

theplustwo
11-21-2006, 10:19 PM
What are everyone's plans for this thanksgiving? I'm planning to give my brother's their birthday presents, since their birthdays are around the 25th, and then I'm going to the House on the Rock (check it out (http://www.thehouseontherock.com/)) the next day with some friends. :)

It'll be nice to have a break from classes/work.

moocow
11-21-2006, 10:43 PM
No work, good food and family.

WHOO HOOOO!!!

ShadowTiger
11-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Agreeable. o.o Indeed, a Happy Thanksgiving one and all. ^^.

I'll just be working on various homework assignments during the entirety of the two day break. I rarely focus on the Thanksgiving meal as the high point of Thanksgiving. It's all just varying amounts of food to me.

erm2003
11-21-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm going back home to the Buffalo area for some nice quality family time. I don't get much of that lately since I am living away from home. I'll probably be there until Saturday.

Daarkseid
11-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Probably eat a massive sleep inducing meal.

biggiy05
11-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Work 9am-2pm and then eat with my mom and some friends.

Jigglysaint
11-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Thanksgiving was LAST month people!

Lousy Americans and their November Thanksgiving...

Prrkitty
11-22-2006, 03:28 AM
We'll be spending Thanksgiving with some very good friends of ours.

Happy turkey day to everyone...
:)

Tygore
11-22-2006, 01:14 PM

Lousy Canadians and their stealing our holiday and holding it a month prior to make it look like they had it first. :tongue:

I'm flying home from college tonight, going to get in kinda late. Very much looking forward to my mom's cooking (as opposed to dorm food).

theplustwo
11-22-2006, 01:24 PM

Just think, if you were to visit some American relatives around this weekend, you could have second Thanksgiving. It'd be like being the child of a broken home, without any of the sad parts. :)

Modus Ponens
11-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Just think, if you were to visit some American relatives around this weekend, you could have second Thanksgiving. It'd be like being the child of a broken home, without any of the sad parts. :)

My mom's Canadian, so on many occasions have I gone to her parents' house to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving in October, and then we had them over to our house for American Thanksgiving in November. Lots of fun.

This year, Thanksgiving will be much as it has been in years past, only with lots of people having lots of fun with the Wii. I'm looking forward to it.

Dechipher
11-22-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm going to my mom's new husband's house and then to a party Thursday evening.

Gerudo
11-22-2006, 08:16 PM
the housemates decided to travel. i stayed here and am having dinner with the folks tomorrow, then a family gathering on sunday.

goKi
11-22-2006, 11:08 PM
No such celebrations here. Though the 25th for me will be a day of work until 1pm, then after that, awesome amounts of Poker and Cricket.

Brasel
11-23-2006, 12:43 AM
My wife and I are going to the Thanksgiving dinner that my unit is holding at Ft. Stewart. Neither of us can cook, and we don't want to drive over 800 miles home to Illinois for four days. So yeah. Probably lots of sitting on our asses and watching TV and playing video games.

rocksfan13
11-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Avoiding my parents as much as possible. XD

Just moved out after living with them for a year. Augh!

Other than that eatibg plenty of turkey with my family. I can't wait to see the mess my 2 year old son is going to make! XD

Rijuhn
11-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm spending the day at home like usual. Only thing different this time around is that I'm going to have a friend over for Thanksgiving dinner. He's in the Air Force and he came back from South Korea the end of Sept. I don't really get to see him that often so I think that's why my family is okay with it. All in all I'm glad I'm getting this chance to eat with my family and have a break from school. Hope everyone else had a nice Thanksgiving break too.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-23-2006, 04:04 PM
The three F's.

Family.
Food.
Football.

Tomorrow, I am going to buy a PC during black Friday sales for my OWN home(not here at my mother's). I should have the internet by December, so FINALLY, expect to see me around here more often. I will fill you guys in on where I have been and why I have been so inactive.

biggiy05
11-23-2006, 04:46 PM
The three F's.

Family.
Food.
Football.

Tomorrow, I am going to buy a PC during black Friday sales for my OWN home(not here at my mother's). I should have the internet by December, so FINALLY, expect to see me around here more often. I will fill you guys in on where I have been and why I have been so inactive.

I'm heading to Bestbuy early in the morning before 3am to pick up a nice notebook they have for sale that is pretty cheap.