PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Colors

The Red Wizard
11-21-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm having some trouble making the levels match the palettes. They all end up as Level 1's colors, but I want to used each of the nine default Level palettes. I'm sure the answer will smack me upside the head, but could someone please tell me how to fix the colors? Thanks in advance.

I already know about the combo palette switching by + and -, BTW.

ShadowTiger
11-21-2006, 11:28 AM
It's a common misconception, really. When you change the colors of the Map Screens with 1, 2, 3, (etc) or Shift+1/2/3, (Same thing as 1 or 2 or 3 (etc) but just adds ten or something.) it's just a preview of the screens' palettes for your sake. So yes, it's how it'd look if the area were set to that palette, but it doesn't mean that it is set to that palette.

You need to do that in the Dmap editor for that area. It's in the Appearance tab.

The Red Wizard
11-21-2006, 11:39 AM
D'oh! Bob Saget! My bad.

ShadowTiger
11-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Nono, it's fine; really, it's not the most obvious thing in the world.

Little tip though: You can colorize your screens on the map for your own easy identification. If you like to cram all your areas onto your maps for maximum map efficiency, making each different area is a great way to tell each area apart, seeing as how it doesn't actually affect the game's colors as you play.