PDA

View Full Version : Wii: GET!

Tygore
11-19-2006, 02:31 AM
Well, I now have my Wii and Zelda. Am in the process of hooking it up now, and will be editing this post with a status update soon.

AtmaWeapon
11-19-2006, 02:47 AM
My thread was first buddy! <http://www.atmaweapon.org/images/emot/mad.gif>

Anthus
11-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Congratulations! I'll have one with in a few weeks hopefully.

Kingboo30
11-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Congrats. I'm extremely pissed off right now? Why? Well I tried going to Toys R Us. A decent sized line was there with the last person right infront of me. I waited anyways because of my horrible luck but then a guy infront of me goes back to his car. What I should have done is taken his spot but then he snatches it back and gets the last ticket leaving a very angry person being behind him and he knew I was angry as he put the ticket in his pocket.

Warlock
11-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Got mine at Target this morning. Got there at 4:45am and I was 18th in line (out of a total of 24 systems). So yay! Except stupid freakin' Best Buy does not have the component cables! The guy told me they didn't get them in. It seems no one got Metal Slug Anthology in either (neither Best Buy nor Target had it).

erm2003
11-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I didn't put much effort into looking for a Wii for today. Anyone know when some stores may be getting their next shipments? I may look later in the week or even wait another week or two until some of the hype dies down.

Kingboo30
11-19-2006, 03:48 PM
I think the next shipment is on Friday.

Nimono
11-19-2006, 03:48 PM
I'd hate myself for saying "I hate you all", so I won't. Instead, I'll say this:

QUIT RUBBING THIS IN OUR FACES AND LEAVE ME ALONE.

Do you think I like being taunted FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS?! I don't! And this qualifies as bragging and taunting in my book. People like you make me angry when you try to show off your new stuff before anyone else can get them. :mad:

MottZilla
11-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I didn't get one. I could have. But I no longer cared about getting one. I have better things to buy. It's never good to jump on the hype train, not even if it's the Nintendo hype train.

AtmaWeapon
11-19-2006, 08:26 PM
I didn't get one. I could have. But I no longer cared about getting one. I have better things to buy. It's never good to jump on the hype train, not even if it's the Nintendo hype train.OK then I'm going to be playing Zelda while you are busy organizing your Powerpoint about why you didn't care about getting a Wii thanks

Grasshopper
11-20-2006, 03:16 AM
It seems no one got Metal Slug Anthology in either.That would be because its not out yet. :) It won't ship until later this month.

Kingboo30
11-20-2006, 11:47 PM
At least I got a Wii today. $350 on Craigs List. Whats funny is that the guy who was selling it was one of the people ahead of me at toys R us. He had bought 2. My Wii seems to be very fine after about a couple hours of playing around with the menu, making a Mii, getting connected to the Internet and buying SM64. I also played TP for 5 minutes and already it's amazing. No bugs found whatsoever so far. Higher than my expectations for the system which were already high. Much better than the cube.

Cloral
11-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I preordered mine through work. We were actually suppossed to get ours last Friday, but there was a shipping mixup and they tried to deliver them to our old office at the other end of town. They figured it out though and today delivered them here. I'm still at work so I don't have mine set up yet, but one of the other guys set his up in his office and we played Wii Sports for a while. I'm just glad to have it before the Thanksgiving break. With how busy I am right now that will be one of the few chances I get to put in a good bit of time on it for a while.

biggiy05
11-21-2006, 12:31 AM
How is the wiimote? It looks like it's hard to get used to.

Warlock
11-21-2006, 01:06 AM
How is the wiimote? It looks like it's hard to get used to.

It kind of is.. I think my TV might be slightly too close, which makes it less responsive than it should be..

That would be because its not out yet. :) It won't ship until later this month.

http://wii.ign.com/launchguide/games.html
http://wii.ign.com/objects/825/825884.html

IGN, and really every major gaming website, would beg to differ. I asked the dude at Best Buy and he looked it up in the computer. Even the computer read 11/15/06 (presumably when the game was supposed to be shipped there). Believe me, it's a launch title. Why no one got it I have no idea.

Edit: Ppl at GameFAQs boards are saying it was pushed back to a week after Wii launch (probably some technical or stock issue). Lame

Grasshopper
11-21-2006, 01:58 AM
I just figured it a launch title because it was in that "launch window" they kept talking about. Elebits for instance is considered a launch title, but itsn't out until 5 days before Christmas. Most sites I looked at though said 11/28. So I guess IGN needs to update theirs. :tongue:

Aegix Drakan
11-21-2006, 08:51 AM
0_0 The Gamimg club at my college just got one. IT. IS. INCREDIBLE. The possibilities for this baby are endless!

-_- Now I want one so bad...but as I live at home still, and I just got a gamecube last year, It's practically impossible to justify getting one...

:P But DAMN I want a Wii!

Imprisoned
11-21-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm getting mine at christmas... dammit, still 33 days!!! CRAP!!!

MottZilla
11-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Look on the bright side, atleast that way you won't have to wait as long with the console in your hands before Metroid and SSBB come out.

Cloral
11-23-2006, 02:09 AM
I am now home for Thanksgiving, and brought my Wii with me. After setting it up and playing a few rounds of Wii Sports with my parents, who never play games, I have to say that Nintendo has succeded in making an accessible gaming device. They (my parents) understood things like 'swing the remote to swing the racket', and my dad was actually able to beat me at golf. That would have been impossible with normal consoles.

Orion
11-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Yeah I couldn't believe it, I brought my Wii home over the holiday, and I let my sister play with me for awhile, and then my dad jumped in and wanted to play too. This guy never plays games. Then he watched me play Zelda for awhile, and was fascinated with watching me fish. In fact, all of my friends who have come to my place and tried it have been back at least once again afterwards.

Rijuhn
11-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I camped outside my Wal-Mart for 11 hours (1pm - Midnight) and it was definately worth the wait! My local Wal-Mart only had 32 Wiis approx. the same number of games and accessories. I got a Wii from Wal-Mart and then I ran over to EB Games right next to it to pick up my pre-order of Twilight Princess. I've never been more impressed by a console in my life. Twilight Princess is pure gold too, maybe even platinum, ZOMG!

I've now created a Mii for everyone in my family, my g/f, my aunt and others. I see a lot of possibilities with the Miis, and the channels as well. Too bad I'm going to have to wait awhile for the other channels to be implemented, but I can wait.

I could talk about this thing for hours, really I could. I'm glad I got a Wii, and I prefer to have this more so than a PS3. I actually think Nintendo did something right this time around.

Take care guys, I'm going to play Twilight Princess now and bask in the awesomeness, yay!

erm2003
11-25-2006, 01:25 AM
I walked into Toys R Us just to check out their stock around 4PM on Black Friday and they actually had a few Wiis left so I finally got one. Bought Zelda and Red Steel with it. I am at my parents still for the holiday so I set it up here and played Wii Sports with them and they loved it. I am looking forward to getting it back to my place tomorrow night so I can hook it up there and get everything else set up.

Pineconn
11-25-2006, 05:29 PM
I can't tell you enough how much pain I get hearing that people have Zelda and I don't. Oh well, 16 days until the GCN version... :sweat:

Though I don't have a Wii, one of my friends has one and loves it. And he would prefer Sony over Nintendo any day. Well, until he got his Wii.

War Lord
11-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Got one.
Best Buy is the only store that was getting any in at all any time soon around here.
Over 60 people in line and they only had 18 units.
I was number 5, waited for 8 hours in line, and got sick.
However it was totally worth it.

Matteo
11-27-2006, 04:25 AM
I also got one on Saturday in the mail. Absolutely worth it. Wii Sports is fantastic, Zelda is magical. My wife actually bought it off of Ebay for me, paying $100 more just to acquire it. I wish she didn't overpay, but she was so happy to get it for me that I couldn't be upset. We actually chased down a mail truck on Saturday to make sure we got it. The only problem I have had is finding an extra nunchuk, apparantly they are really scarce right now. Also I bought a Linksys Wireless Router and I cannot for the life of me get it set up right, for internet, as well as the Wii. So no AGN Mii parades or VC games yet for me :(

I am going to try tomorrow to fix the problem (already spent 3 hours on the damn thing) or else I am taking back the Router and buying a usb adaptor for the Wii.

erm2003
11-27-2006, 06:22 AM
Did you try using this site to fix your problem?
http://www.nintendowifi.com/consumerservice/routerSetup.do

Look up your router model number and if it's listed you can click on it for individualized setup information. If you don't find your router then either it doesn't work too well with the wifi system or it just hasn't been tested yet by Nintendo.

The wifi support can help you get it set up. Even though they will reference a lot to the DS setup, I used my DS settings to get my Wii to work. See if it helps out.

vegeta1215
11-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Did you try using this site to fix your problem?
http://www.nintendowifi.com/consumerservice/routerSetup.do

Look up your router model number and if it's listed you can click on it for individualized setup information. If you don't find your router then either it doesn't work too well with the wifi system or it just hasn't been tested yet by Nintendo.

The wifi support can help you get it set up. Even though they will reference a lot to the DS setup, I used my DS settings to get my Wii to work. See if it helps out.

That's some very good advice, as Nintendo does have some good info on their website :thumbsup:

mattwdr, if you're still having trouble after going through Nintendo's help sections, please let us know (maybe by making a separate thread in General Tech). We have two Linksys wireless routers and I know them inside and out.

Matteo
11-27-2006, 02:52 PM
:D I got it all working...

Bring on the Mii Parades!

War Lord
11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
You can purchase a Nunchuk controller from me. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190056423667&rd=1&rd=1)

Pineconn
11-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Well you're going to make some decent cash with THAT. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes in the $40-50 range.

War Lord
11-27-2006, 08:28 PM
I hope so.
I was in Wal-Mart last night and they had 1.
The guy in electronics said they got 3 that day.

I need another one, but really, I'd rather sell this one and wait to get one.