PDA

View Full Version : Smash My PS3

Warlock
11-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Someone linked me this site:
http://www.smashmyps3.com/

Complete waste of money, but absolutely hilarious. I can't wait to see them put the video up.

MottZilla
11-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Sweet. I wanna see the video too. I hope there were plenty of disappointed fans that wanted one that watched in horror as they smashed it.

ZTC
11-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Sweet. I wanna see the video too. I hope there were plenty of disappointed fans that wanted one that watched in horror as they smashed it.

they have a link to the video on the front page, Mott

and LMFAO
nice use of teh sledge hammer, btw

EDIT: my bad, it's just a rush cut =/

Pineconn
11-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Complete waste of money, but absolutely hilarious.

Not really, the money spent on buying it was all donated from various people.

Enough money has been donated to SmashMyWii.com (www.smashmywii.com) for them to smash a Wii in two days, unfortunately. :disgust: I can't watch that video.

Warlock
11-17-2006, 05:41 PM
I think the Wii one will be funny too, but it doesn't have as big an impact because the price is so much lower and the availability is not too bad compared to PS3. But it will be funny to see all the Nintendo fanboys cry :)

Pineconn
11-17-2006, 08:48 PM
That one's going to suck.

:moo:

Why did I post a cow? I have no idea.

goKi
11-17-2006, 09:07 PM
I always thought that doing that would be awesome.

MANDRAG GANON
11-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Wow...the PS3 survived that sledge hammer quite a bit, and there was alot less of a reaction than I thought there would be. Plus that guy just stepped out of line to go talk to them XD I wonder if they woulda let him back in.

I'm interested to see how well the Wii holds up to that kind of pounding considering nintendo is known to have such durable hardware.

Grasshopper
11-18-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm not really much for smashing any type of device. For one, people already complain about the limited supply. And while one unit doesn't make much of a difference, that is still one PS3 that could have went to someone who wanted it, instead of being trashed.

As far as the smashing goes, the PS3 is pretty stacked inside. So its pretty much like karate chopping layers of brick, there isn't much space inside for stuff to go. (Unless that guy was just a wimp with the sledge hammer)

Gerudo
11-18-2006, 03:11 AM
i was gonna say the same thing too. the ps3 was pretty well built to withstand that much punishment, i'm suprised. iirc, the 360 smashing involved alot more broken pieces and more crying fanboys.

Imprisoned
11-18-2006, 04:11 AM
I wanna destroy a PS3 too...

too bad I didn't see the vid though my firewall blocked it o.O

MottZilla
11-18-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm not really much for smashing any type of device. For one, people already complain about the limited supply. And while one unit doesn't make much of a difference, that is still one PS3 that could have went to someone who wanted it, instead of being trashed.

As far as the smashing goes, the PS3 is pretty stacked inside. So its pretty much like karate chopping layers of brick, there isn't much space inside for stuff to go. (Unless that guy was just a wimp with the sledge hammer)

I agree that it's sad that 1 unit that could have gone to a fan is n ow gone, but when you realize that one smashed probably would have just went to someone ebaying it anyway, you stop caring.

Anthus
11-18-2006, 03:20 PM
It was able to withstand some serious impact. It took about three blows to loosen it up for the final few. My friend said it can be ran over with a Hummer. I doubt that though, but then again, who knows?

Pineconn
11-18-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm fairly certain the Wii will be the same. After all, since it's so small and has a lot built into it, it has to be as dense, if not more. In your face Smash My Wii. :p

Yoshiman
11-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I was honestly expecting the case to completely shatter when it was hit with a sledgehammer, considering what the material looked like (I thought it looked like the stuff similar to the shiny iPod material).

Wonder what the Wii smashing will look like. I'm hoping Nintendo lives up to their reputation of extremely durable material.

And I'm still laughing at the dude at the end. He's all pissed off, but he's still smiling.

Aegix Drakan
11-18-2006, 08:12 PM
^_^ This makes my day.

Hey, do you think Sony is gonna try to sue these people or something? Sounds like something they would do...

*bows head respectfully towards Lik-Sang's grave*

Anthus
11-18-2006, 08:33 PM
I think the convex outside material is just super hard plastic. I always thought it was metal until I saw this. I'm also curious to the the Wii version =D (Though, it will kill a very small part of me)

biggiy05
11-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Hey, do you think Sony is gonna try to sue these people or something? Sounds like something they would do...

Why the hell would Sony sue them for smashing a PS3? They bought it so they can do whatever they want with it.

MottZilla
11-19-2006, 12:54 AM
It was able to withstand some serious impact. It took about three blows to loosen it up for the final few. My friend said it can be ran over with a Hummer. I doubt that though, but then again, who knows?

After the first sledge hammer swing, the optical drive was probably not longer functional. Being hit/run over by a car would do the same thing. Also it would have a good chance of damaging the harddisk inside. Just because the phsyical case holds up, doesn't mean the system will function. Also with hte first hit of the hammer the self-loading drive probably would malfunction.

Anthus
11-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Heh heh.. (http://www.smashmywii.com/)

However, there's no video yet.

Grasshopper
11-20-2006, 12:07 PM
when you realize that one smashed probably would have just went to someone ebaying it anyway, you stop caring.

True, but eventually, even the eBay consoles will make it to someone. :(

But agreed, even though the plastic held up it still probably killed the PS3 on the first swing. When I said it was stacked inside, I meant, that everything was cramped into the PS3 I figured it would be unlikely to see it actually shatter. I figure the platters inside the hard drive probably shattered though.

On the other hand, Wii did go flying into lots of peices.

Biggest waste of money I've ever seen. (Even if it was donated)