PDA

View Full Version : GCN Mario RPG

Dechipher
11-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Whatever happened to the GCN Paper Mario RPG that was supposed to be coming out? I searched IGN for it and I can't find it anywhere. They had it up back in the summer. What's the word on that?

Warlock
11-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Whatever happened to the GCN Paper Mario RPG that was supposed to be coming out? I searched IGN for it and I can't find it anywhere. They had it up back in the summer. What's the word on that?

That came out forever ago :P

vegeta1215
11-16-2006, 01:38 PM
There's another Paper Mario game coming out called "Super Paper Mario" that was scheduled to be released for the GCN later this year, but I think the project has been moved to Wii.

You gave up your search early: http://cube.ign.com/objects/827/827016.html

Warlock
11-16-2006, 02:20 PM
There's another Paper Mario game coming out called "Super Paper Mario" that was scheduled to be released for the GCN later this year, but I think the project has been moved to Wii.

You gave up your search early: http://cube.ign.com/objects/827/827016.html

Oh, I thought he meant Thousand Year Door (or whatever it's called)

Grasshopper
11-16-2006, 02:37 PM
I wondered that myself. I knew it suppose to come out this December, but hadn't heard any thing of it. I never would have assumed it was pushed to Wii.

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Wii right now. Thousand year door came out like, two years ago?

Warlock
11-16-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Wii right now. Thousand year door came out like, two years ago?

That's why I said that :P

And yeah, it's definately pushed to Wii. There was one other GCN title at e3 (forget what now) that was also pushed to Wii I believe.

Dechipher
11-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Odd. I went through every mario title IGN had and that one didn't show up.

Pineconn
11-16-2006, 06:49 PM
This game was originally designed for the GameCube, but it was later moved to the Nintendo Wii platform.

Well there ya go. :p

vegeta1215
11-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh, I thought he meant Thousand Year Door (or whatever it's called)

If you like RPGs Warlock, definitely check out Paper Mario: TTYD. (sounds like you may not have) It is so much fun. And at only $20 it's a steal.

Although I'm sure it would be a step backwards (since they improved pretty much everything in TTYD, especially the battle system, so I've read anyways), I want to play the original Paper Mario from N64 in the future. Not sure how "Super Paper Mario" is gonna turn out - it seems like it might play very differently. Still, I love the style of these games.

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Not sure how "Super Paper Mario" is gonna turn out - it seems like it might play very differently.

Yes, that's it. The other one being referrenced. Super Paper Mario is a platformer in the style of Paper Mario. Could be loads of fun.

Pineconn
11-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Well, the biggest thing you'll notice from going from Paper Mario TTYD to the original is the incredible decrease in graphical quality. Trust me, TTYD's graphics are godly compared to the original's. For instance, Mario and the rest of the sprites aren't very round-ended and smooth, and the game just feels lonely compared to TTYD. That aside, it is a great game. ;)

Grasshopper
11-18-2006, 11:34 AM
And yeah, it's definately pushed to Wii. There was one other GCN title at e3 (forget what now) that was also pushed to Wii I believe.

It wasn't a Donkey Kong racing game, was it? I vaguely remember seeing something about Donkey Kong.

Thunderbird
11-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm going to guess Donkey Kong Bongo Blast.

Anthus
11-19-2006, 07:40 PM
The page you linked to says to was canceled. I hope not. I hope it was moved to Wii since it looked pretty cool.