PDA

View Full Version : Naming everything!

beefster09
11-13-2006, 06:31 PM
We need to be able to name more than just midi's and dmaps. We need to be able to name / rename shop types, items, item classes, enemies, etc.

Nimono
11-13-2006, 07:14 PM
We need to be able to name more than just midi's and dmaps. We need to be able to name / rename shop types, items, item classes, enemies, etc.

Shops: Yeah, those'd be good, but not likely.
Items: Two words: Item Editor. When that's complete, we'll be able to do this. :)
Item Classes: Why? What good would that do?
Enemies: Uh, no. That'd only work in the EDITOR, not the quest. In the quest, you can use strings to name the enemies. :P
Etc.: What else do you want?! (That's a joke.)

In short, you just listed everything we all want to be able to name, plus things that are not only not likely or impossible, but also useless. Naming enemies is useless since it would only work in ZQuest.

beefster09
11-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Scripts would be useful to name so you don't have to keep track of a couple hundred scripts.

Nimono
11-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Scripts would be useful to name so you don't have to keep track of a couple hundred scripts.

I haven't used that "Compile" featue yet, so I have no idea what you're talking about. If it stores them in the quest under one of those "ffc001" files, then yeah, that's be nice. If not, you could always put them in a simple text file and rename the file. :)

beefster09
11-14-2006, 06:25 PM
I haven't either, but I know that the scripts in a quest are numbered.

C-Dawg
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Beef is talking about how the FFC Scripts are assigned to numbers in the compiler, and then when you actually assign an FFC Script to an FFC, you must choose from only a list of numbers.

He's actually right about that. It would be nice to have the names of the FFC scripts display in the FFC editor as well as the compile screen. It's perfectly functional as is, but you need to keep a list handy of which FFC Script is assigned to which numbered slot.

beefster09
11-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Exactly what I was trying to say, especially in general. This way you don't have to keep track of what numbers go to what thing. It's more toward the questmaker's convenience than the pleasure of the quest player.