PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Movie Monster?

Monica
11-13-2006, 02:46 PM
I got this idea from my LSoH thread. Which movie creature (not human killer in today's gory films) do you think would be the scariest?

Forget how cheesy their movies were and just think about what the monsters themselves actually were. Imagine they were all remade with our graphics and today's standards. Please describe what your choice is and does.

Naturally my vote goes to Audrey II: a 20-foot-tall, singing, swearing, blood drinking, man-eating, deep-voiced Venus fly trap who tricks people with greed into feeding other people to him and if they had ended his movie with THAT footage he'd have been much more horrifying. :)

Breaker
11-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Mothman Prophecies.

moocow
11-14-2006, 01:29 AM
Mothman Prophecies.

I agree, I think the whole Mothman thing is creepy, whether it's true or not. Have you ever been to Point Pleasant? I have some family from around that area. Creepy ass little town. I have a cool picture of the new Silver Bridge! I don't feel like posting it.

Another scary monster... the little girl from "The Ring", or the dead little boy's mom from "The Grudge". They move all weird and creepy and... *shutters*

Also, when the dark comes on Silent Hill. That movie gave me nightmares, for real. I loved it. And on that note...

The hottest monster? The dead nurses on Silent Hill. Rawr.

(I know you said non-human, but if it's dead and moving, it's not human anymore)

I have a caffeine buzz :(

MottZilla
11-14-2006, 02:12 AM
Movies aren't scary. The monsters aren't scary either. There's nothing that can't be killed. When I watch these modern "horror" movies generally with some psycho killer I think they are retarded and pathetic. But even better horror/action movies like Dawn of the Dead or Resident Evil, they don't really scare. I mean the Nemesis in Resident Evil Apoclypse was pretty gruesome. But it's not scary.

Verman
11-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Rabbit from Moty Python and the Holy Grail.

Archibaldo
11-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Freddy Kruger (sp?). I know when I was a kid those movies scared the shit out of me. I mean, a guy who can enter your dreams and kill you there. Fuck that.

Lone Wolf
11-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Leatherface. That dude is gruesome. Thus why he is admired. :P

AthenaTwinPMS
11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Smeagol from Lord of the Rings! O_o

Beldaran
11-28-2006, 11:03 PM
The Blob scared the fuck out of me when I was a kid.

Also, I think the Alien creatures from the movie "Alien" are pretty fucked up; especially with the way they use face huggers to implant their young in the torsos of other creatures. Seeing that baby alien burst out of that guy's chest was pretty fucking gross. They are scary.

Rainman
11-28-2006, 11:20 PM
How about the true monster... MAN!

That's pretty much the message of most monster movies anyway.

EDIT: hmm, missed the non-human requirement. Screw it, my choice stands. :mad:

*b*
11-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Rabbit from Moty Python and the Holy Grail.

Seconded. That, or the monster in the Cave of AAAAUUughhh...

Lilith
11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
That fucking High Five robot from the one movie everyone loved TERRIFIED me as a child.

Dechipher
11-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Johnny 5?

Candyman always freaked the hell out of me.

MasterSwordUltima
12-04-2006, 01:47 PM
I thought the Silent Hill movie had some decently scary stuff. I know its based off the games, but still, the way they portrayed it in the movie was decent. The fact that Pyramid Head was chasing her, and the fact that you can't do anything is crazy scary. You just have to hope nothing bad happens. The whole Silent Hill theme in itself, of the multiple dimensions, is scary because of the lack of control, which makes it quite the monster.

mrz84
12-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Scariest Monster? Tough one there..... I'd have to say the scariest non-human monster would have to be good ol' Dracula. Why Drac? Because while the concept of some guy sucking my blood out for nutrition isn't that scary, he is often hailed as the Prince of Darkness or whatever. Though after playing through almost every Castlevania to date, I've lost all fears of Dracula. :kitty:

Tygore
12-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still. One of a group of indestructible robots who were built as a sort of super-police for the universe. Will melt you if provoked.

Executioner of Deities
12-05-2006, 03:07 AM
O come on, you guys are totally leaving out that weird ass demon from Evil Dead, not Army of Darkness, the original Evil Dead that posessed people after it killed them...or killed them through posessing them, it wasn't ever really clarified in the movie, but that's what made Evil Dead great, cheap production techniques. Really, you never see the demon until the first sequel, and by then it had become a joke franchise anyway...but still, if that thing was real...whoo...a 30 foot monster with big ass teeth and eyes, and the will to posess bodies with no real reason to do so, making them insane and say crazy fucked up shit...it's a scary idear. And there's no way to kill it, unless you open a vortex in the space-time continuim to send it back to the netherworld using the same archaic chants that brought it about in the first place.

Verman
12-05-2006, 05:28 AM
the evil dead II was awsome! eveil dead one kicked ass too.. the whole raping thing with the tree was a good touch. Bruce campbell is the king. Best part is when he puts the ol' chainsaw on his arm

Sute
12-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Johnny 5?

Candyman always freaked the hell out of me.

I saw the Candyman movie when I was around five, I just remember a rottweiler being decapitated or something.. and all I could do is relate it to my dog who looked just like it :O

Johnny Five is so freaking awesome.

I thought the Silent Hill movie had some decently scary stuff. I know its based off the games, but still, the way they portrayed it in the movie was decent. The fact that Pyramid Head was chasing her, and the fact that you can't do anything is crazy scary. You just have to hope nothing bad happens. The whole Silent Hill theme in itself, of the multiple dimensions, is scary because of the lack of control, which makes it quite the monster.

They did change the Pyramid Head a bit, they made him more girl-friendly with the apron not covering his man-chest, plus what was scary is he barely chased Rose, he was casually walking.. that and how he didn't even care about those bugs all over him, and he'd accidenly and recklessly kill them while going after Cybil and Rose.. scary yet satisfying. :D