PDA

View Full Version : Aquamentus

Joe123
11-13-2006, 02:14 PM
I can't say i take particularily to the aquamentus tiles in pure, does anyone know where i can get a different set?

Imprisoned
11-15-2006, 10:36 AM
If you meant that you don't like the Aquamentus and want a different one, get another tileset, then take a screenie or something of the Aquamentus and leech it to the pure set ( I don't know any other ways ) on the place of the Aquamentus.

Joe123
11-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh right thanks. How do I use Leech though ¬_¬

Zelda_Warrior
11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Leech dosen't do anything but use the same pallete as the .bmp for previewing purposes, and leech does nothing. You have to rip the picture (make sure its a .bmp, although ZC usually does this automaticly) THEN rip the palette, and if you're brave enough, replace it with the current one and hope it dosen't mess much up (It probably will, though. Let me explain.)

First of all, download a loose tile sheet or something, or a quest. If you download some loose tiles of enemies or something, go into ZC, then go into Quest>Graphics>Tiles, Then click in a large area with no tiles (It has to be big or itll delete the tiles around it) Then go into edit, and in the new window, click on (grab) file, select the loose tiles, then click ok. It will add this to the tileset, but will probably be miscolored due to the different pallettes. You can probably just recolor it to your likings though, and don't worry about ripping palettes. Then, replace the new aquamentus with the old ones

If you choose to download a quest file, download it then take a picture of you fighting the aquamentus then do the same, but ask the author of the quest if it's custom, and if it is ask their permission, don't go ripping stuff you didnt make without permission... Now, if its originally part of newfirst you can just use it without asking pretty much. I'd reccomend the first way because it's easier and you don't have to worry about credits.

This is kind of hard to explain, maybe Freedom might help. If you can find a post by him check his signature and he's got a nice tutorial with pictures.

Joe123
11-17-2006, 06:17 AM
To get the tiles from one tileset into another as Imprisioned suggested, could I use the export thing on the file menu or anything? or do I have to take a screen shot

Zelda_Warrior
11-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm don't know much about exporting, but I think it works like 'You can export the tiles, and itll save it as a .zgp, then you can use that' i'm not sure as i've never done it before, and can't get a copy of ZC at the moment for it.

Imprisoned
11-18-2006, 04:16 AM
Oh ya I mean't grabbing... sorry

I don't even know can you export specific tiles, I can only export the whole tileset :O

But it might be the easiest just to take the screenshot.

Zelda_Warrior
11-18-2006, 03:06 PM
To export a specific tile in a rip just click on the tile and hit enter

Taking the screenshot is no easier than downloading it, you just get different ways to do it.