PDA

View Full Version : Little Shop of Horrors Dark Ending

Monica
11-12-2006, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaBJDRIgJRY Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUiz4WgTB7c&mode=related&search= Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddIK3CIMzFs&mode=related&search= Part 3

Oh man I had been dying to see this ending! If they had kept this one and fine-tuned it, Audrey II could have had the glory he deserved, heh. His song was saying that he was meant to be the greated movie monster ever, and with this ending he could have been. It's called Little Shop of Horrors, but where was the horror? They could have at least fixed it up and kept it on the DVD instead of a measley discription of it.

I kind of felt cheated by the happy ending, and it didn't really make sense. Audrey was chewed up, of course she would be almost dead. She says "Yes - no!" faints and then springs back up. Then she runs around the windows watching Audrey II sing about he's the greated monster ever, and then he's electrocuted.

I mean, okay, I'm glad they lived happily ever after, but I just wish they had at least kept the dark ending on the DVD, it's the true one after all...

But which ending do you like better?

Hmmm, I guess I'm forgetting when this was made, and considering it for today's audience. Was that too traumatic for people in the 80s? Maybe it's just me, but I love freaky movies like this. That's part of the thrill of Audrey II. :)

Breaker
11-12-2006, 02:13 PM
that's so sad :(

Darth Marsden
11-12-2006, 04:52 PM
I think what irritates me most of all is that on the DVD, there aren't any subtitles for the songs. The words are there for the speach, but the second someone starts singing (Ooo, aliteration), off they go! Which is really annoying, 'cause singing along to the songs is about 72% of the fun of the film!

I don't know which ending to go for, 'cause the damn thing hasn't loaded yet (curse me and my addiction to downloading illegal materials), but it's interesting to know that there was an original ending planned. I have to admit though, it's a little difficult to imagine the film with a different ending to what was in the final edit. I guess I'll wait and see.

Monica
11-12-2006, 05:01 PM
I think what irritates me most of all is that on the DVD, there aren't any subtitles for the songs. The words are there for the speach, but the second someone starts singing (Ooo, aliteration), off they go! Which is really annoying, 'cause singing along to the songs is about 72% of the fun of the film!

I don't know which ending to go for, 'cause the damn thing hasn't loaded yet (curse me and my addiction to downloading illegal materials), but it's interesting to know that there was an original ending planned. I have to admit though, it's a little difficult to imagine the film with a different ending to what was in the final edit. I guess I'll wait and see.

Heh, heh, be warned, It's shocking! :shocking:

Darth Marsden
11-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Bah! Stupid YouTube and it's insistance that videos are 'finished' when they're clearly not. This may take a while.

It has SO better be worth it, or your life is forfit, lil' missy.

Monica
11-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Bah! Stupid YouTube and it's insistance that videos are 'finished' when they're clearly not. This may take a while.

It has SO better be worth it, or your life is forfit, lil' missy.

It's worth it if you are a fan of Audrey II :D

*runs and hides just in case"

Hey wait a minute, the video is acting funny for me too... Breaker, did you see the whole thing? It worked fine last night...

Bleh nvrmnd, my prob got fixed when I restarted the browser.