PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass people...

biggiy05
11-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Suck when it comes to pet care. I now have a deathly thin leopard gecko in my care. I picked him/her up tonight from a PetSmart I don't usually go to. Seeing it so thin and fragile was killing me and I couldn't let it die there. I'm hoping it will pull through like some others I have seen that have been this thin. We are taking baby steps but making some improvement. I need to get more fluids into it's system so it's hydrated, mix that with some of this slurry I had to make which stinks too.:(

Here's to hoping it pulls through.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/DSCN1011.jpg

Darth Marsden
11-12-2006, 06:38 AM
Dude, it's like the lizard version of Calista Flockhart.

Hope it pulls through, man.

SUCCESSOR
11-12-2006, 06:58 AM
it probably just got on the Nicole Richie diet. This is what's wrong with the media!

Prrkitty
11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Good luck with him/her :) May the stinky slurry improve it's life... and not makes yours too miserable. :)

Prayers and blessings hon

Modus Ponens
11-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Boy, the little guy sure is cute. I really hope he improves. Good for you for caring.

Gerudo
11-12-2006, 09:56 PM
the people at the pet stores know as much about their product as much as people working at gaming stores.

moocow
11-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Aw, poor little guy :( His head looks so big compared to the rest of him... Makes me wanna cry.

We currently have a blind gold fish who's about to die. I keep asking my mom to just flush him or put him out of his misery because it's obvious he's suffering but she thinks he'll pull through... Ugh :(

Modus Ponens
11-13-2006, 01:18 AM
... she thinks he'll pull through... Ugh :(

But what does it even mean to "pull through"? It's like, if you were to be able to bring someone back to life, would they just immediately die again because the cause of their death is still present? You'd have to heal whatever wound or cancer or disease or simple old age that killed 'em in the first place. I mean, if you mom could actually heal the goldfish, then it might mean something for it to pull through, but as it is...

Sigh...don't mind me. I'm depressed about a girl.

biggiy05
11-13-2006, 01:20 AM
Aw, poor little guy :( His head looks so big compared to the rest of him... Makes me wanna cry.

We currently have a blind gold fish who's about to die. I keep asking my mom to just flush him or put him out of his misery because it's obvious he's suffering but she thinks he'll pull through... Ugh :(

It's the biggest part of his body and that's not a good thin. It's legs are so thin and fragile but it can move when it really wants to. The colors are looking a bit brighter compared to last night. Not a drastic improvement but the fact that the slurry seems to be working, it's more active and less lethargic is a good sign.

I'm going at the end of week to the vets to get it checked out and hopefully they can get it's one eye open. I can't tell what's wrong with it but it's got something caked in around the eye. It has some really dark blue eyes.

biggiy05
11-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Well the rescue didn't make it. I am almost positive it has crypto which is the equivalent of cancer in people but at a much faster pace and there is nothing you can do to put it into submission.

I woke up early this morning and he was just laying there with his head pointing down. I woke up later and he was on his back. I don't know if it's a he or she but I gave it the name slim.:(

R.I.P. Slim

Modus Ponens
11-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Aw, biggiy05, I'm really sorry about that. I think it's great how you tried and cared and did what you could. Farewell, Slim.

Beldaran
11-20-2006, 06:37 PM
This is a reminder that life is very tragic and ridiculous.

Daarkseid
11-20-2006, 06:48 PM
This is a reminder that life is very tragic and pointless.

Slightly fixed.

SUCCESSOR
11-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Life isn't pointless!! People are impaled everyday!