PDA

View Full Version : FFCombo Quick Placement:

ShadowTiger
11-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that the majority of the community would find this quite tantalizing.

Imagine, if you will, a button to the right of the four Blue Warp Placement icons on the lower panel that, when clicked, will yield a dialogue with a pulldown of all the FF Combos and a "Place" button and a "Cancel" button.

When you click the Cancel button, you will be able to click and drag the square icon around the screen, exactly as you would be able to do so with the warp arrival placement icons.

However, just as in grab mode, you'd be able to press the "s" key to toggle snapping to the grid, in terms of 1 pixel, 8 pixels, and 16 pixels.

Clicking or double-clicking would place the FF Combo right where the rectangle is. Then you can expand it towards its lower right in the usual FF Combo dialogue menu.

Thoughts?

beefster09
11-12-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm with ya!

Nicholas Steel
11-12-2006, 01:05 AM
you mean when you click the ok button, right? then it id make sense.

cbailey78
11-19-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm right with you too, ShadowTiger, I hate having to type in the X and the Y positions. Doesn't that get tedious?

ShadowTiger
11-19-2006, 10:15 AM
At the very, very least, a "Derive coordinates from _'s Coordinates" feature would be nice, similar to a button yielding a page with a pulldown.