PDA

View Full Version : Sabotage Dragoon

jman2050
11-11-2006, 01:30 PM
This thread is half a reminder to everyone to get to playing this awesome, if buggy, demo,and half a method to get C-Dawg to go out of hiding with more info about his quest :P

www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/SD2004.zip

This SHOULD be the latest and greatest link to the quest.

Any questions you hae I'll gladly answer (or C will answer if he remembers the stuff. I only remember cause I just layed through the whole thing recently :P )

ShadowTiger
11-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Finally, I get to see the travel worm.

This is one of the grandest, most epic scale quests I've ever played, if not -the- biggest one. Do yourself a favor and download and play it. You won't be sorry. ;-p

BTW, don't save until after you've spoken with the cleric in the sanctuary cathedral. You may have to start it all over again. Try to save when you step out into Tuton Valley. That seems to work well.

Be sure to get TWO Heart Container Pieces by the time you leave for Koholt Island, and ONE Heart Container Piece before you even reach your lord's castle. There's one hidden in the bushes in the very first "area."

ZeldaFan001
11-13-2006, 07:01 PM
I was seriously considering posting a topic like this. I sent a PM to C-Dawg recently asking where his quests have been lately. I'm interested in finding out what's going on with the Dreams of Yesterday remake and Sabotage Dragoon (which we haven't heard about for like 2 years)

C-Dawg
11-13-2006, 08:08 PM
As you've probably noticed, I'm active in Zelda Classic again becuase of the opportunities created by the scripting system. For now, I'm working on a side project to build up a library of useful scripts. Then I'll get back to the task of continuing SD. Part of the problem is that so much of SD can be done better now through scripting... it will be hard to square the early, non-scripted stuff with the late, scripted stuff.

My favorite thing about this game are the heart and rupee graphics, actually. I'm really happy with how they "pop" out of enemies instead of just appearing there.

bluedeath
11-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Wow. Ive played this quest and ive liked it alot! so much detail into the screens, lots of cutscenes and good looking charactors.

Petoe
11-13-2006, 09:30 PM
So this version has more stuff in it than the last demo from... uh, 1-2 years ago?

Have to try out this latest version. I'm a big fan of C's work and with scripts I'm sure he will enhance SD to be something totally unique and jaw dropping.

jman2050
11-13-2006, 09:58 PM
it's the demo from 2004 unfortunately. C has yet to make a release beyond that. But come February of next year... who knows? *shrrugs*

ShadowTiger
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Every year, I look forward to the twenty first of February. Every year I am reminded why in some form or other.

<3

The graphics are amazing, C. Anyway, what may I ask gave you the idea for the panda (?) of infinite hearts/rupees?

C-Dawg
11-14-2006, 07:20 PM
It's not the graphics, really. They're pretty generic. It's just what I chose to draw that is at all interesting. Just random free-association resulting in characters such as the Panda Tree of Infinite Joy, the Elder Leech, etc. The Fractal Forest should only get wierder as I add to it.

I'll try to work more on this before Feburary so that you can play at least up until the death of one of the main characters.

jman2050
11-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Just make sure you get it heavily beta tested. The one bad part about this demo is the huge amount of bugginess, so I think lots of beta testing should be done. Yep, lots and lots of beta testing... *hint hint*

C-Dawg
11-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Oh, what, you want an unpassworded version? I thought you were too busy to do any fixing of this. Focusing on your December 25 project and all.

jman2050
11-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Who says it needs to be unpassworded?

Dev powers rule :D

ShadowTiger
11-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Actually, I think a L4 (L1 will suffice) Cheat is all that's necessary, really. As I mentioned earlier back 'round 2003, the ability to continue on beyond gamestopping bugs is the ability to test everything at once. We wouldn't be very good beta testers if we were just sightseeing, after all. Curse the person who abuses the L4 cheat while beta testing.

ZeldaFan001
11-22-2006, 06:55 PM
I personally would have liked this myself. Not to abuse, but it would have been a whole lot easier to find continue bugs with this ability. If I happen to get stuck in a continue bug, it wouldn't be hard for me to get back where I was to resume play with the speed ability to walk-through walls.

That game was much too fun to cheat in anyway. :tongue: