PDA

View Full Version : new items explained

darksarcasm01
11-10-2006, 09:48 PM
what do the following items do and how do you use them:

1. lvl 1/lvl 2 amulet
2. boots (like pegasus? just want to know how to use them)
3. lens (just need to know how to use it)
4. nayru's love, din's fire, farore's wind (just how to use it)

Nimono
11-10-2006, 10:01 PM
what do the following items do and how do you use them:

1. lvl 1/lvl 2 amulet
2. boots (like pegasus? just want to know how to use them)
3. lens (just need to know how to use it)
4. nayru's love, din's fire, farore's wind (just how to use it)

1: The Level 1 Amulet shows Invisible Enemies (Screen flag). Normally, they appear as little "ripples in space" (They distort what's behind them, and thus, you can see what they are and where they are). With this, they're just normal enemies. The Level 2 version does NOTHING yet.
2: They allow you to walk on any damage combo (NOT enemies) without taking damage.
3: Press and hold the key assigned to the B Button to use it. Easy. It reveals secrets.
4: Press B Button's key. Again, easy. You need Magic to use them, though. Farore's Wind and Din's Fire requires 2 Magic Containers, but Nayru's Love requires FOUR.

Xyvol
11-15-2006, 04:12 PM
The Level 2 version does NOTHING yet.

It's been a while since I used the program, so I'm not up to speed with the changes. Can you tell me which items in the 2.10 list have been added but DO NOT WORK?
Thanks.

Nimono
11-15-2006, 05:29 PM
It's been a while since I used the program, so I'm not up to speed with the changes. Can you tell me which items in the 2.10 list have been added but DO NOT WORK?
Thanks.

Only the Level 2 Amulet.

Mega Link
11-16-2006, 08:53 AM
The item pond room type doesn't do anything either.

Zelda_Warrior
11-16-2006, 05:09 PM
The boots and lenses are features of 1.90, not 2.10, the new items in 2.10 are Farore's Wind, Nayru's Love, Din's Fire, Amulet 2, and possibly some others, but that's all I can think of. Also, Farore's wind brings you to the current 'continue' point in the dmap you are currently in. To use it in ZC (And the others) Set an 'item' sprite to appear in the inventory and when you aquire it, then the fire tiles for Din's Fire, and then put the items in your game. Just in case you meant how to use it in ZC, not in the game.

LinkMaster500
11-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally, there were supposed to be two classes of invisible enemies--cloaked and truly invisible. The ZC developers wanted to have the Level 1 amulet allow you to see the cloaked enemies and not the invisible ones and the Level 2 amulet allow you to see both. Unfortunately, they could not get the Level 2 amulet to work.