PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Problems

Puzidman
11-10-2006, 07:01 PM
I decided to start making a quest and I need to make a dungeon. I have had Zquest for about a year but I never knew how to make a dungeon properly. I have a couple problems that need to be solved.

1.I can get my guy to warp to a dungeon, but link appears in the upper left hand corner of the first dungeon screen.

2.For some reason, In a dungeon I make I can walk over the door combos.

Cane anyone solve any of these problems please?:(

erm2003
11-10-2006, 07:10 PM
1. You need to use the green square to show where Link will appear. If you have Link entering from the south door, put it flush against the bottom and it will have Link walking up into the room when he enters. If you have the tile too far up he will face down and possibly take a couple steps and go back outside.

2. Create your doors using the menu instead of by hand. Go to Tools -> Doors (or press F6) and you can choose which type of door to put on each wall. If you are using freeform dungeons and are using custom doors in places other than the center, you need to change the combo type to overhead and Link will walk under them.

Puzidman
11-10-2006, 09:03 PM
It still doesn't work. I did all of that. I am using 2.10 and the new first set, does that effect anything? I put the green tile at the entrance at the very bottom of the screen below the door. I use the door tool as well. The warps work fine, but I still walk over the doors. Can you help this?:(

P.S. I am not doing freeform.

Nimono
11-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Go to Tools>Doors and choose Passage. Remember, you don't have to draw the tiles on the screen- It'll do that for you. If that doesn't work, find the combos for the top of the door. Right-click them and choose the combo "Overhead". Now they'll ALWAYS appear above you. :P

Puzidman
11-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Okay, but now link won't walk up out of the door. He still appears in the upper left hand corner, though I put the green square at the bottom of the door combos.

None of this makes sense...

The_Amaster
11-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Is the warp that gets you to the dungeon type Entrance/Exit. I bet thats your problem. Entrance/Exit takes you to the green square, but any other warp type takes you to the blue square.