PDA

View Full Version : My Wii Experience

Tygore
11-10-2006, 06:34 PM
My local Gamestop has a Wii station set up. The game they had was ExciteTruck. The game itelf was fun, although I felt that the turning was too tight. No option to adjust the sensitivity like some other games have reported. After a few minutes I was able to adjust, and even won all the races on the "bronze" difficulty. Still, I'd hold off on this game until it gets moved to the bargain bin, or at least get it used.

I played around in the system menu for a while to get used to the pointer (Excitetruck uses a "hold the controller sideways and tilt" system). It was at first impossible to control, but after I got to the settings menu and adjusted it, it felt smooth. Pointed around for a bit, all was very comfortable. The remote itself sat very nicely in my hand. Obviously, I didn't get a chance to use the nunchuck, so no idea how that set-up feels. Overall, though, I feel very optimistic about the Wii- the pointer feels nice, it's merely an issue of developers including sensitivity options within games.

Grasshopper
11-10-2006, 07:13 PM
My local Gamestop has a Wii station set up.

Curses! I wish our store would hurry up and get it. I'm sure I'll be playing it after close.:)

Modus Ponens
11-11-2006, 05:10 AM
Today I tried out Excitetruck on a Wii at a nearby EB Games. Very fun. I thought the handling was pretty good.

vegeta1215
11-11-2006, 02:04 PM
I saw a Wii setup at my local Gamestop last week, but I couldn't play it cause they hadn't received a Wii-mote yet. I'll have to check to see if they have it now. I will say I was shocked at how tiny the system is. I heard it was small, but I didn't know it was that small. Very nice Nintendo :thumbsup:

ctrl-alt-delete
11-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Played it. Loved it. Need a catheter.

Pineconn
11-12-2006, 12:10 AM
You freakin' lucky dogs. I haven't been to our Gamestop since... July, so I haven't checked to see if it has a kiosk. I bet you it doesn't. -_-

Plus, I'm waiting for the GCN Twilight Princess. Only 29 days....

Warlock
11-12-2006, 01:20 AM
I was at Gamestop today preordering Castlevania, but unfortunately no Wii demo unit :( /cry

Dart Zaidyer
11-12-2006, 06:54 PM
You freakin' lucky dogs. I haven't been to our Gamestop since... July, so I haven't checked to see if it has a kiosk. I bet you it doesn't. -_-

You think you have a problem? My nearest Game ANYTHING store is 25 miles away.

I blame Wal-Mart for killing the local one.

Pineconn
11-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Lol, funny that Wal-Mart is mentioned. :rolleyes:

Grasshopper
11-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Need a catheter. No, you don't! Don't you ever say you want one!!!

biggiy05
11-13-2006, 12:16 AM
No, you don't! Don't you ever say you want one!!!

I second what Grasshopper said. NEVER EVER wish you could have one.

Modus Ponens
11-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Don't you ever say you want one!!!

He didn't say he wanted it, he said he needed it.

So now it's less than a wiik (sorry...I had to) from Wii launch, and the tension is building. It's like a huge static charge in the air; soon there will literally be psionic lightning bolts flashing through the apartment. I've just bought Final Fantasy V Advance and am enjoying playing that on the Game Boy Player, and I've even still got Ōkami to finish, but it's kind of like meeting your friend for coffee when his dad just died--conversation starts out on the local little league team and the speeding ticket you got last week, and dances around until the other shoe finally falls. Oh, and the Wii will undoubtedly be a big shoe, but it's not even the shoe I'm talking about. My roommate's girlfriend has been coming over to our place and playing Ocarina for a while now, and it's really starting to do a number on my psyche. I honestly think I may transcend my physical form when I hold in my unworthy, mortal hands my copy of Twilight Princess.

It's amazing what this is doing to me. I just read what I typed and realized that I compared Ōkami to conversation about little league, and I effing love that game!

I don't have it preordered, but I'm going to try my luck with my local Fred Meyer's midnight launch. My roommate and I, along with a couple friends and my mom (!), are going to go to get Wiis and Wii products in the wii hours of the morning (again, I'm sorry. I don't know what's come over me. ...As a matter of fact, I do. Nevermind) of November 19. Should be a blast.

MottZilla
11-13-2006, 03:39 PM
I know what you mean. I went in search of Wii kiosks that are playable again and the EBGames said they won't have it setup till tomorrow. I'm not planning on driving way the hell out there again. The guy at bestbuy said that I should probably get there about midnight and camp out for the Wii cause they're expecting a pretty big demand. So that does change my plans.

I think I will camp out for the Wii afterall. As long as it's no longer than 9 hours. It is exciting, the only bad thing is the wait. Particularly the wait outside the store. I'll have to find out when I'll go camp out and what I need to take with me. Probably load the NDS with some good games.

Aegix Drakan
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I have a friend who went to Arcadium (major montreal gaming event), and was able to play Twilight Princess on the Wii.

He went nuts over it, and is planning to grab a Wii on launch day.

He used a lot of words like "Incredible, perfect, unbelivable" to describe his experience.