PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Experience Tonight...

Dechipher
11-10-2006, 12:55 AM
Tonight was the first official concert for my university's Music Composition program. Although I have not been officially admitted to the program (I applied after all of the spots were full,) I am essentially in the program, I just can't say that Music Composition is my major. I had a piece (first on the program) entitled "Almost Like the Rain" It's a vibe etude, five movements, of which the first two were played tonight (by a fellow percussionist.) This was the first time another person has played my work. It was a great experience. I thought I was going to vomit at first, as I was incredibly nervous. This was a first for me; I've never been that nervous before a performance. I think it was different this time because I wasn't actually performing. Anyway, it went over great, people loved it, I still feel kinda high about it. It was amazing. I'll post a recording as soon as I get one.

Modus Ponens
11-10-2006, 04:41 PM
That's so rad, dude. I'm happy for you. A couple years ago the Men's Choir at my university sang my arrangement of Ghost Riders In The Sky. Before we sang it, the director announced that I composed the arrangement and dedicated it to my dad (who was in the audience). The crowd applauded even before we sang. I was just glowing. So anyway, I do know how you feel, and it rocks.

Prrkitty
11-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Congrats honey :) I'm so very proud of you <hug>.
Love you!

erm2003
11-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I can't even begin to imagine how awesome that must feel for you. Congrats!