PDA

View Full Version : Spawning Projectiles

eXodus
11-09-2006, 03:02 AM
With scripting in freeform combos now available, I would like to see something that the Shooters and Spinning Tiles can't accomplish - firing projectiles in any direction, not just Link's. Faking it with freeform Damage Combos won't really help if you need to - for example - spew out a stream of or just lots of fireballs, and they won't interact with the shield or anything either.

For the record, I'm looking at a Beamos' laser made up of L2+ fireballs and replicating a boss from a top-down shooter respectively. I have an idea of how to pull both of these off, if only I could fling fireballs wherever necessary...

ShadowTiger
11-09-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm reminded of ZZTOOP's shooting command. (Though I have forgotten the exact commands, like loops and such.)

@ShooterBot
#Cycle 1
#Label1
IF ACTIVATED = 1
SHOOT N
IF ACTIVATED = 0 THEN GOTO Label2
GOTO Label1
#Label2
END

Something like that. A similar code in ZC's ZScript or Zasm would be nice to see, but with all the different projectiles.

C-Dawg
11-09-2006, 02:34 PM
You could accomplish this once multiple FFCs can run on the same screen, couldn't you? Just set up a bunch of invisible combos and have a script change their combo to be a fireball, and move them appropriately. The script could check Link's inventory and direction to determine whether fireballs bounce off. Hell, you could even have them reflect if Link had that level of shield.

eXodus
11-09-2006, 10:32 PM
For the Beamos, that trick might be acceptable to an extent (unless the quester wants a stream of 10+ shots in the laser). However, the number of freeform combos and enemies allowed on screen at the same time pales in comparison to the number of fireballs ZC can handle without causing massive lag or slowdown. Besides, that boss attack I'm trying to replicate is this:

http://www.filespace.org/coolest_rm_ever/shinki_catastrophe.png

That shot comes from a recreation of the pattern in a flash movie - http://yuki.kitune.info/hikari/flash/charisma.html#FLASHMAIN. Of course, the original attack was facing downwards, but you get the idea. Now if Gleeoks, Manhandla 2s and countless Statues are allowed to gang up on you with piles of shots on screen, why can't a few freeform combos?

Also, I really like that idea of recreating the fireball for general purpose usage, but you'd need at least one for everything in a room that fires them. Is spawning new copies of an existing freeform combo going to be in by 2.11 stable by any chance?