PDA

View Full Version : String Troubles? It's your level number.

ShadowTiger
11-08-2006, 08:37 PM
We get this question very, very often. If you're trying to set up a string to play, but it just won't appear, even though you've got the guy set up, the string already made and set on that screen, here's what you do.

In the Dmap that you're experiencing this string in during play, set that Dmap to a Level Number greater than 0. Remember that Level Numbers One through Eight are reserved for the respective pieces of the triforce. I usually like to use Level #200 for those out of the way Dmaps that you're not on that often.

Imprisoned
11-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeh, I had that problem, that sure worked, everyone with string problems should check this thread.
Good thread. :clap:

Tygore
11-09-2006, 05:11 PM
If you ask me, this could easily evolve into a mini-tutorial: how to properly set up your DMaps. A lot of newbie problems seem to stem from not understanding DMap mechanics.

The_Amaster
11-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Heres another common problem. If your testing your dungeon, and for some reason you cant head out of a room to the right, check your DMap, and make sure that the layout of your rooms are completly on the little map, because if they're off the edge, than theyre not treated as on the map.

MasterSwordUltima
11-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Hahah, my question gets rethread'd and stickied. I am the man. ;)

Zelda_Warrior
11-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Also, if you make a cave in the overworld and have the cave have a '10 rupies' room in it, it won't work because the '10 rupy' room only works in 'cave/dungeon' dmap types. Not directly related, but still has to do with it.

SpacemanDan
11-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Here's something I've seen pop up a few times.
If Link appears to walk over doors in a dungeon, and the free-form dungeon rule is not checked, make sure your DMap has a level number.

michal9000
04-18-2007, 01:04 AM
I hope I'm not braking any rule's posting this but I happen to know something related to this thats not in here! Well that Is: In the 254 beta you need to go to the dmap editor and uncheck the rule "message strings only appear in special rooms and caves/item seller, this is so, lets say you want a message sign/post that only appears when you walk in front of it, or a guy that only talks when you walk in front of him on a overworld map or were ever, as long as the level number is higher than zero! (Note how to do that is a different topic!).

And a add on to Blaman post, "If Link appears to walk over doors in a dungeon" you also need to set the top of the door tiles as overhead combo! Well there is my two cent and I hope they help people!

PoeSlayer
05-23-2007, 03:14 AM
hi im new

Plissken
05-23-2007, 07:35 AM
hi im new

Hi but kinda the wrong place to be introducing yourself. Try the New Members forum.

Zelda_Warrior
06-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Ehm... In the new betas you have to set the Dmap properties as well for whether the caves are on the current screen, or whether a tilewarp on that screen will contain the string data

Anarchy_Balsac
09-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Ehm... In the new betas you have to set the Dmap properties as well for whether the caves are on the current screen, or whether a tilewarp on that screen will contain the string data

Indeed, but you can't see the disable and flags tabs without clicking the arrows until they pop-up. I had a lot of trouble with that and actually finished the quest just working around it.

Dmth[Link]
08-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the tips, I had a few of these problems.

chensisi
11-11-2011, 01:47 AM
THANK YOU
i think i should thank you very much for you can waste lot of time to write this post .....thank you again for your sharing..

__________________________________________________ _______________

AbbraBrayan
12-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Anyway some of these tips are really useful as far as this particular quest concern. Pretty good job though.

King Aquamentus
12-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Anyway some of these tips are really useful as far as this particular quest concern. Pretty good job though.

You mind me asking how you found Zelda Classic, Abbra?