PDA

View Full Version : Hooray Text... :(

MasterSwordUltima
11-08-2006, 07:40 PM
What in the hell am I doing wrong?

I have a "stairs" combo set up infront of an NPC animated tile. Simple, right?
Link steps on the stairs combo and goes to a screen practically identical to the one he just warped from, ONLY this one has a message box area, in which I want a string to show.

Problem is...can't get the fuggin string to come up. Does the DMap that I want the string to show up on have to be designated as a dungeon? Do I have to set a man (Abei, etc)? I know others have done this, so what the heck am I doing wrong?

Saffith
11-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I believe it's that the DMap you warp to has to have a level number higher than 0.

MasterSwordUltima
11-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Hot damn! Saffith, you are the man. :D I set the DMap of the string-room to Level 10, and bam, parfeck. :D

LinkMaster500
11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
You might want to use the combo type "direct warp" rather than stairs so you do not have to use the blue placement square to determine where Link warps to. Your method works too, it just requires one more step.

And yes, the DMap has to be set to a level number greater than zero.

LinkMaster500
11-09-2006, 12:13 PM
You might want to use the "direct warp" combo type rather than "stairs" so you do not have to set the blue placement square on the screen you warp to. But if you got it to work, that's great.

Oops--Pardon me for the double-post. I posted here yersterday, but for some reason it didn't show up in this thread today when I got back to this site. There was probably some technical glitch causing this.

MasterSwordUltima
11-09-2006, 06:41 PM
You had better be sorry. >:U