PDA

View Full Version : I'm going Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matteo
11-08-2006, 12:01 AM
First off; my wife told me today that she already pre=ordered The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess for me. She also told me she wants to camp out at a local Target on 11/19. I can't believe how supportive she is of this whole thing, she usually frowns on my video game habit. Its really refreshing to have her help and support.

By the way, there are some sites out there that will tell you how many Wii's are located at your local Target(s). Here's a good one:

http://wii.clambert.org/

Secondly, and what makes me even more excited, I ran across this video of LOZ:TP today:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BVW8p6820jo
It does contain some minor spoilers., but basically makes me salivate at the mouth.

Theres also some impressions, albeit with minor spoilers here:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744044p1.html

I am about to jump out of my skin. This is basically the first real Zelda game in 10 years!!! Yeah I liked LOZ:WW and Majora's Mask, but MM was an offshoot and WW wasn't true Zelda goodness. Ten years coming!

I can't believe they are saying the game will be 70+ hours in the first playthrough! Unbelievable!:googly:

Ahhh.. The excitement of a new Nintendo system.

MANDRAG GANON
11-08-2006, 03:20 AM
NOOO! Don't do this to me, I'm excited enough I don't need more fuel to get me excited!!! LoL I've been watching zelda videos for hours the past couple of days reading previews and everything.

Now you got me all psyched again and I'm about to go to bed. I'll never SLEEP!!

LoL I so can't wait, 11 DAYS!!!

Darth Marsden
11-08-2006, 03:31 AM
You think you've got it bad?? Try living in the UK - we'll have to wait another month at least.

MANDRAG GANON
11-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Oh my god I just watched that video and he talked about items and showed how you play and holy crap, what am I gonna do with my self until then :(

Screw homework I'm gonna play LTTP now and watch more TP trailers I think.

Man that's Harsh, My head would explode if I had to wait another month :S

goKi
11-08-2006, 04:31 AM
29 days for Australia and counting. :(

Good news is that EBgames here are having a pretty nice midnight launch event, apparently.

Nicholas Steel
11-08-2006, 06:24 AM
could you shed some more info on this "event" you speak of goki? as im aussie and am intrigued about it.

goKi
11-08-2006, 06:33 AM
could you shed some more info on this "event" you speak of goki? as im aussie and am intrigued about it.

Well i was speaking to one of the girls at EBgames in this afternoon, and she told me the Albury Store will be having a midnight launch event, with all sorts of entertainment, food, and of course, Wii. You, being in good 'ol Bris-Vegas, would have no intention of coming to Albury, of course, but i'm sure somewhere in Brisbane there will be a similar event.

Dark Nation
11-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Sweet. 9 dungeons. Just like in LoZ. :D

vegeta1215
11-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I've read that the game is 70+ hours too. I don't know how they get these numbers, but I doubt it will take me that long. (unless of course you have some insane amount of side quests to get hearts like in the Wind Waker, or something like the ring system in the Oracle games that takes forever)

Also, I think I'm one of the few people that likes Majora's Mask better than Ocarina of Time. Yes, OoT was more epic, but there's just something about MM. Wind Waker was great too - I just wish it had more dungeons.

Warlock
11-08-2006, 01:27 PM
That first site is cool. I'm not getting mine at Target, but if a store like Target can get 24 systems around here, I shouldn't have a problem at Best Buy (which presumably should get more since that is more exclusively what they do).

Tygore
11-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Also, I think I'm one of the few people that likes Majora's Mask better than Ocarina of Time. Yes, OoT was more epic, but there's just something about MM. Wind Waker was great too - I just wish it had more dungeons.

That goodness I'm not the only one. MM had some great character development. I really liked seeing the characters live out their last days over and over, it made for some interesting scenarios. The Wind Waker I agree could have used more dungeons- in fact, a mini dungeon for wach of the triforce pieces would have made it the perfect length (8 additional full-length dungeons, in addition to the rest of the game, would have made it too long I think). Nevertheless I loved it as well; Ganon's dialogue toward the end of the game is just beautiful.

MANDRAG GANON
11-08-2006, 04:09 PM
There are 9 dungeons yes but it seems like there will be alot of places as big as a dungeon that arent acctually "dungeons". In that video they guy is talking about being in a cave that he thought was a dungeon and it wasnt. He also said that about another area.

I also read that one of the people at nintendo who was playing the game who knew where everything was and where he was going and it took him 27 hours and he was just barely half way through the game.

I am also one of the people who liked Majoras Mask better than Ocarina of Time, It had a cool style to it and alot of interesting new things that I loved.
The only thing I hated about wind waker (and I really hated it) was gathering the triforce pieces in the boat. I never played past this part because it was too annyoing and tedious. If they had of tweaked the boat a bit a removed the triforce gathering, or made it more interesting I would have loved it.

Kingboo30
11-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Hmm....I wonder how the speedruns are going to be....gah.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
There are 9 dungeons yes but it seems like there will be alot of places as big as a dungeon that arent acctually "dungeons". In that video they guy is talking about being in a cave that he thought was a dungeon and it wasnt. He also said that about another area.

I also read that one of the people at nintendo who was playing the game who knew where everything was and where he was going and it took him 27 hours and he was just barely half way through the game.

I am also one of the people who liked Majoras Mask better than Ocarina of Time, It had a cool style to it and alot of interesting new things that I loved.
The only thing I hated about wind waker (and I really hated it) was gathering the triforce pieces in the boat. I never played past this part because it was too annyoing and tedious. If they had of tweaked the boat a bit a removed the triforce gathering, or made it more interesting I would have loved it.

As quoted from Matt Cassamassina at IGN,
"Adding insult to injury, diabolical Nintendo translator and localization manager Bill Trinen told me that he was working on his second play-through of the game. Knowing what to do and where to go, and skipping cut-scenes, Trinen said that he had logged about 27 hours to make it approximately two thirds of the way through the temples themselves - and that doesn't account for any of the side quests or time-sucks like fishing, a single operation that could easily add hours upon hours to Zelda's depth."

The game will be 70 hours the first play through...easy.

vegeta1215
11-09-2006, 01:24 AM
That goodness I'm not the only one. MM had some great character development. I really liked seeing the characters live out their last days over and over, it made for some interesting scenarios.

That's what I like about it too. It's just so interesting to learn about all the people in Clock Town, and every time I play MM I find some new detail I hadn't seen before (it's so neat to track down each of the characters during the last hours before the Moon crashes into Clock Town)

Also, although there were only 4 major dungeons in MM, all of them are fantastic - the Stone Tower dungeon is the most ingenious dungeon of all Zelda games imo. (Link's Awakening holds my vote for second best Zelda game in terms of dungeons)

The Wind Waker I agree could have used more dungeons...Nevertheless I loved it as well; Ganon's dialogue toward the end of the game is just beautiful.

I would've liked 2 more big dungeons, and maybe one more "town" island. I will say the last two major dungeons (the ones where you are accompanied by a helper character) were quite beefy.

On the story side, I feel Wind Waker to be leading the pack of the Zelda games in terms of story. Yes, the dialogue is great. Despite it's cel-shaded look, it's one of the more morbid Zelda games too (next to MM of course)

Nicholas Steel
11-09-2006, 04:12 AM
i thought that the gloomy feeling in majora's mask is what zelda games need :P more terror and less childish... and i have to say that ttp looks breath taking... im gob smacked at the quality... granted ive only watched the one video from this thread.... thanks for the info goki... and yea i highly doubt id go there :)

Pineconn
11-09-2006, 05:14 PM
I consider MM better than OoT, hoping that TP will be more like MM than OoT. Why do I think it's better?

The environment is so much... better. OoT's world is pretty boring, but there's something in MM that fixes that, perhaps the timer. With the 3 days, you think to yourself, "Hey, I've got to hurry" and for whatever reason, makes MM better. Though it had 4 dungeons, the side quests kept you busy enough.

Nine dungeons with a quasi-MM game... Perfect. ;)

Tygore
11-09-2006, 05:32 PM
I agree that the timer gave a unique feel to Majora's Mask. With just about any other game, the "drastic" situation is a plot device, and no matter how desperate things may seem, you can go adventure and do side-quests all you want and there will be no sense of urgency. In MM, you HAD to complete whatever task you were doing within the 72-hour time frame. Sure, you can always play the Song of Time, but then the dungeons/side quests reset. It was a great mechanic, although I'm not sure if it's something that should be done too frequently.

mrz84
11-10-2006, 02:15 PM
I have to sya that I liked M more than OoT as well.. Personally my favorite thing was the transformation masks (Deku, Goron, Zora, Fierce Deity, and Giant) and maybe helping all the people.

Pineconn
11-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Well folks, for most of you, the long 2-and-a-half year wait for the Greatest Game Ever is almost over. IGN (http://wii.ign.com/objects/748/748589.html) has an excellent display of new screens and videos, so I suggest you begin the hype with that. Now. NOW.

For me, twenty-nine days! :)

goKi
11-12-2006, 04:41 AM
It's like waiting for Christmas, x 1000.

Darth Marsden
11-12-2006, 08:17 AM
For me it pretty much IS waiting for Christmas.

I suspect I will cave and get the Wii version, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Matteo
11-12-2006, 10:42 AM
It's like waiting for Christmas, x 1000.

lol nice South Park quote

Matteo
11-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Gamespot got their Wii on Friday and played it on camera for an hour plus. Here's the link... enjoy!!

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6161522&pid=undefined

There's some great footage of Zelda, albeit with some minor spoilers. There also is some great footage of the Wii Sports, which I now am offically excited about too. They also play Excite Truck, Monkey Ball, and check out some of the other features of the Wii.

One week to go!!!

Darth Marsden
11-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Stop rubbing it in, you bastards!

Am I being serious or am I joking around? Wouldn't you like to know.

Pineconn
11-12-2006, 07:20 PM
(Serious.)

goKi
11-14-2006, 02:40 AM
Australia gets the Wii almost 48 hours before all of Europe, making Australia officially not the last major country in the world to get something. Change is good. Sucks to be you, Marsden.

Darth Marsden
11-14-2006, 04:33 AM
They're gonna have to build a whole new wing in hell by the time I'm done with you.

Pineconn
11-14-2006, 04:27 PM
This game is looking great. It got a 5 out of 5 at GameSpy. It also got a 9.6 out of 10 at The Hylia (0.2 deducted for no camera control; 0.2 deducted for GCN-style graphics). So does this mean the GCN version might be 10.0-worthy?

Only 5 days for some, ranging all the way to another 27 looong days for others.

Matteo
11-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Sick with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkS2DJ6VX_g

To quote another You-Tuber, (after watching it) "I Wiid Myself".

Kairyu
11-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Sick with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkS2DJ6VX_g

To quote another You-Tuber, (after watching it) "I Wiid Myself".
Beats the crap out of demon baby dolls, that's for sure.

goKi
11-16-2006, 09:45 AM
They're gonna have to build a whole new wing in hell by the time I'm done with you.

You Brits just never learn. We'll have to teach you one hell of a lesson and take the Ashes back this summer :)

I'm getting incredibly impatient for the Wii... 20 days to go :(.

Darth Marsden
11-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Sure, you can have the Ashes... of your parents.

According to Amazon, we'll get the GCN version of Zelda on the 15th Dec. When do you guys get it?

goKi
11-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Sure, you can have the Ashes... of your parents.

According to Amazon, we'll get the GCN version of Zelda on the 15th Dec. When do you guys get it?

Why bother burning my parents, it's far easier stealing the ashes of English cricket.

About the same time, EBgames exclusive.

Pineconn
11-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Nintendo.com says December 11, the Zelda website says December 12, Nintendo's press site says December 13.

In short, no one knows.

Matteo
11-17-2006, 12:21 AM
I just cried

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dhzVQqHjkk

Darth Marsden
11-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Why bother burning my parents, it's far easier stealing the ashes of English cricket.
Yeah, but that's no fun.

So we're supposedly getting it a couple days after you. At least I can get it for the Christmas break.

MottZilla
11-17-2006, 04:24 PM
I just cried

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dhzVQqHjkk

That was pretty good. I can't wait. Oh no... I can wait till Sunday. But I certainly want to get one at launch. Far more exciting than the PS3 which was more of the same we've all seen.

Matteo
11-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Gamespot gave the game an 8.8 out of 10. LMAO. This proves once and for all that they are on Sony's payroll. Worst review I have ever read. He misses everything. I can't believe he tarnishes one of the best games of all time. Why do a bunch of idiots review games?

http://www.gamespot.com/events/wiilaunch/story.html?sid=6161993&pid=928519&tag=topslot;action;1&om_act=convert&click=topslot

It's just so sad. I really hope he enjoys his massive coronary in 15 years.

bluedeath
11-18-2006, 12:37 PM
ahah the wii is out woot zelda twilight princess will be released really soon! cant wait

MottZilla
11-18-2006, 12:47 PM
I don't know exactly what it was, but suddenly I went from being very excited about Wii to alot more cautious. I think it was reflecting on the GameCube launch, as well as what the money I would spend on Wii could be put toward.

Just suddenly I really thought about it, 250$ for a system that I would be looking to buy Zelda and Red Steel for. Zelda, I could eventually obtain for GameCube. Red Steel I've heard is average, nothing that special. There's no netplay or anything, it's just a FPS with the Wii control which is interesting but having never used it is no slam dunk of awesomeness. There are many other games that seem fun like Elebits and Super Monkey Ball, but I realized I can still play all those for alot less money if I just wait this time around. With GameCube, I bought that thing right around launch for about 2 games. Super Smash Bros Melee and Star Wars Rouge Leader. Sure later on there's Resident Evil 4 which later was no longer exculsive. There was Mario Kart, Star Fox, F-Zero GX (which I loved soooooo much too), and um Metroid Prime. That's really about it.

And right now I'm alot less optimistic about more non-Nintendo titles. I was optimistic with GameCube. That didn't work out well. Sure all the Nintendo titles are solid games. But I'm not wanting to pay launch prices for all that this time. Maybe I'm motivated by the fact that I really could use a LCD HDTV right now for my 360 as well as my classic arcade gaming hobby. My current TV is a standard CRT (not even flat screen, no svideo) and it can't handle 53hz extended resolution of Mortal Kombat the arcade hardware. So if I got a nicer TV first, I could get my arcade hobby going again as it went to a stand still after I was too bothered by the low quality of composite video as well as the complete unusability of Mortal Kombat 1 and 2. Plus I certainly wouldn't mine playing my 360 games in 720p.

Bluedeath, could you shrink your signature image down a bit. It's pretty damn big.

jman2050
11-18-2006, 04:13 PM
9 more hours till midnight here. Can't wait to get it

Kingboo30
11-18-2006, 06:01 PM
I think Sony must be on Sony's Pay roll if they let Red Steel get a Mediocre 5.5. Especially this topic makes you question GS. http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/redsteel/show_msgs.html?topic_id=m-1-31841555

Kairyu
11-19-2006, 12:41 AM
I think Sony must be on Sony's Pay roll if they let Red Steel get a Mediocre 5.5. Especially this topic makes you question GS. http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/redsteel/show_msgs.html?topic_id=m-1-31841555
You mean GS, right? And they also gave the Wii version of LoZ:TP an 8.8.
Those do sound pretty low, but I'm going to wait until I've played the games myself before I try to pass judgement. To be honest, if the stuff mentioned in the RS review is true I'm not sure I would have given it more than a 4.

MottZilla
11-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Well I think they're right. Red Steel isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's no Goldeneye or Perfect Dark in gameplay terms. It's framerate probably isn't a smooth as slik 60fps. It's not going to have really pretty graphics, infact some shots I saw looked pretty bad.

I already had doubts about the Wii's very underpowered hardware, and not what was supposed to be a hit game, Red Steel, doesn't seem to be all it should have been. PS3 is going as I expected so far. A bad launch, and a slow grinding start. Only time will tell if they pick up speed or break down. I'm definitely thinking though, that they will atleast grind on forward.

Pineconn
11-19-2006, 04:27 PM
If anyone gets TP, you have to say how it is. You know, a nice little something to get us all excited. Not a "W00T IT'S TEH AW3SOME" and not a spoilerific review, just a paragraph or two of impressions.

Or you can brag and rub it in our faces. =[

Anthus
11-19-2006, 07:14 PM
He has a good point. "This is a "fuck you" from Nintendo to the people that said WW didn't have enough dungeons".

I just hope there are borders so your cursor doesn't leave the screen.