PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thinks...

ONeilcool
11-05-2006, 05:27 PM
That the N64 controllers are similar to the Wiimotes? You might think I'm crazy, but the way you hold a N64 controller is pretty much the exact same way I imagine you will hold a Wiimote with a numbchuck.

I was playing Starfox 64 today and when I looked down I could see myself holding a Wiimote. The GC controllers had a more even kind of hand placment similar to Sony's Dual shock. I don't know if Nintendo had the N64 controllers in mind when they made the Wiimote but I see a slight similarity in them.

The button layout would be different and you would hold a numbchuck in the oppisite way of the N64 controller if you were right handed.The thing that seems the same is the hand placement. Of course its going to be different because of the ablitiy to move your hand farther apart when holding a wiimote and numbchuck, but if you put them close together its just like a N64 controller.

I've never held a Wiimote so this idea is all just based off the trailers for the Wii. Does anyone agree with me?

MottZilla
11-05-2006, 06:57 PM
It's Nunchuck, not Numb-Chuck. And no not really. I don't see how the n64 controller is at all similar. However the N64 controller was awesome other than it's low quality analog stick.

WindStrike
11-05-2006, 10:49 PM
*Wind replaces the C-buttons with the d-pad.*
I see your point.

erm2003
11-05-2006, 11:13 PM
I can see where you are getting the idea. It will obviously feel totally different since your hands will have more free range with the Wiimote. Interesting observation though.