PDA

View Full Version : PS3 11/7 launch date?

biggiy05
11-05-2006, 02:15 AM
I've seen this commercial for the PS3 twice now and I've been half asleep both times.

They show this baby doll and the ps3 across from it. The doll starts laughing and then the commercial ends with PS3 11/7.

Am I seeing things with this release date or are they trying to say it won't be out until this time next year? I don't plan on picking one up since I'm getting a 360 but I thought I would ask.

MottZilla
11-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Are you sure it didn't actually say 1117 and not 11/7? Cause 11/17 is the launch date, and 11/7 is the US Mid-term election.

On another note, is anyone else amazed at how retarded Sony's ads are these days? I mean whenever anything is on the TV now, it could be a Sony ad because they are all garbage followed by a Playstation logo.

erm2003
11-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Lately whenever I picture anything having to do with Sony and advertising I can only see biggiy's avatar. It seems to fit the best.

Samson007
11-06-2006, 02:19 AM
The one with the baby not only had nothing to do with gaming at all, it was downright disturbing.

However, the one with the rubix cube was awsome. It still had nothing to do with a PS3, but you have to admit how cool that was when it just exploded.

MottZilla
11-06-2006, 02:21 AM
I agree the rubix cube was better, but both ads, if it weren't for the PS3 in the picture you'd have no clue. Some of their ads are worse just splashing "Playstation" at the end of a confusing/pointless sequence of crap.

Dart Zaidyer
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
I believe the ad with the weird voodoo baby is supposed to suggest that Sony will eat your children.
At least that's the impression I got from it, especially given their track record with the PS3.

Grasshopper
11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
I've seen this commercial for the PS3 twice now and I've been half asleep both times. Theres your answer right there. :tongue:

Cloral
11-06-2006, 01:10 PM
However, the one with the rubix cube was awsome. It still had nothing to do with a PS3, but you have to admit how cool that was when it just exploded.

Remember though that the Mythbusters showed us that painting with explosives just doesn't work. The PS3 would've been destroyed by a blast like that. :)

These ads kinda remind me of the ads they had before the xbox was released. Remember those? The green jewel with the random comments like 'clouds are stupid', then the X logo appeared in the jewel. Those were also quite stupid.

punkonjunk1024
11-06-2006, 02:32 PM
They all remind me of robot chicken's wierd shorts, except... stupider.

MottZilla
11-06-2006, 03:32 PM
They also remind me of that oversized image in your signature that makes so fucking sense. You outta shrink that shit down.

biggiy05
11-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Lately whenever I picture anything having to do with Sony and advertising I can only see biggiy's avatar. It seems to fit the best.

I knew it served a purpose.

They also remind me of that oversized image in your signature that makes so fucking sense. You outta shrink that shit down.

++

MottZilla
11-07-2006, 05:08 AM
I swear to you he just made it bigger too.

goKi
11-07-2006, 05:19 AM
For the benefit of those who were like me, and had not seen them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qamwVJaYW8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqkNPcUMffU

Also.. Those commercials were terrible. They really didn't do the system justice at all.

...And this is a system that really doesn't deserve justice in the first place.

Well done, Sony, you've managed to outdo yourselves once again.

{DSG}DarkRaven
11-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Remember though that the Mythbusters showed us that painting with explosives just doesn't work. The PS3 would've been destroyed by a blast like that. :)

Maybe this is just Sony's attempt to subliminally prepare us for when their new console overheats and starts killing rich kids. Each PS3 will contain dye packs that will paint the walls when the CELL processor melts down (because as we all know, the real reason the PS3 costs $600 is because it's powered by nuclear fission!). This will soften the mental/emotional blow to the parents when they come home to find their kid bits. Heck, now that I think about it, Sony can skip the dye packs, because the walls will already be painted a lovely shade of red.

Sometimes, I think things so far out it scares me. Eek.

Really, has any commercial of this type worked since Mortal Kombat came out? Not since Mortal Monday has any commercial worked so effectively by expressing so very little about it's product.

Grasshopper
11-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Yep, those commercials are stupid, but woooo... that baby commerical one would give me nightmares. Add some blood, and you have a 30 second horror flick. I think they stepped over to weird and freaky with that one.

All these commercials though seem to showcase the idea that cell processor is so awesome and fast. So much processing power. You know, that may be so, but I don't care, and the consumer doesn't care. They just want "better graphics", and the ability to play their old playstation games. So I have no idea who they are targeting with these commercials.

MottZilla
11-07-2006, 02:57 PM
They make the mistake that consumers are technologically inclined and desire the best technology when infact the majority are idiots must easier to hook. And infact if they were tech heads, you wouldn't need to tell them how great it is in the first place because they'd know you're lieing!

Like many developers said, the Cell in the PS3 is roughly equal to the Xbox 360's triple core system. And the graphics unit thats barely ever mentioned is again roughly equal to the 360. Look at that, for 100$, 200$, even 300$ more than the 360 (depending on your SKU comparison) you get roughly the same fucking capability! I do like how one of Sony's goons admitted they pushed too far with Blu-ray.

punkonjunk1024
11-07-2006, 04:49 PM
I wish I knew enough about forum code to make it freaking gigantic :(
It came from some wierd vorism fan page, this guy had done some artwork to try and appreciate the cute side of vorism. I think it's about as funny as it is messed up.