PDA

View Full Version : I got a tattoo today

biggiy05
11-04-2006, 08:27 PM
I got the word Determination tattooed on my back across my shoulders. I'll get a picture in a bit and post it. It turned out better than I thought it would and I got it done by the person I was hoping would do it.

ShadowTiger
11-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Cool. o.o How much? Painful? Motivation? Describe? ... ... (I need to be less lazy and form complete sentences. X x, )

If I ever got a tattoo, I might consider getting some Japanese characters inscribed back there. If I had JWPCe up I could post them. "kagetora" in huge fiery purple letters. A cookie for you if you know what that means. Shouldn't be too difficult.

biggiy05
11-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Cool. o.o How much? Painful? Motivation? Describe? ... ... (I need to be less lazy and form complete sentences. X x, )

$107 with tax included.

It wasn't as painful as I thought it was going to be but there were a few tender spots that hurt more than I would have liked mainly being in the middle of my back on my spine.

I've had to put off my training and classes for over a year now but I haven't given up yet and I won't give up or give in. I decided the word determination sounded really good and fit me well. After my surgery I'm going to add a firefighters Maltese cross below it.

Picture is coming shortly.

Gerudo
11-05-2006, 12:23 AM
it's not a penis? i'm quite suprised.

because i hate smilies, i'll just say that i am being sarcastic. i dont think i'll ever get a tat.

biggiy05
11-05-2006, 01:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/DSCN0996.jpg

I'm not standing straight so it looks off center.

koopa
11-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Looks good ... so just how painful is tatooing?

I don't think I'll ever get one, just curious.

"kagetora" in huge fiery purple letters. A cookie for you if you know what that means.

Well, "tora" is tiger I think, so that would make ... "kage-tiger" ;) See quote title.

Breaker
11-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Neat.. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo. Something like this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b8/Vagrantstoryost.jpg/180px-Vagrantstoryost.jpg) on my back maybe, except bigger.

Modus Ponens
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
My ideal tattoo would either be "DO NOT DESTROY" or "Inspected by 3".

Rainman
11-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Good job on going through with it. I kind of want a tattoo sometime in the future, but I'm probably too indecisive go through with it.

biggiy05
11-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Looks good ... so just how painful is tatooing?

I don't think I'll ever get one, just curious.

It's different for each person and it also depends on the part of your body. I have a rather high tolerance to pain now because of my first surgery so it just felt like a hard pin prick. Once he got to the middle of the word that hurt a little more because it's a soft spot and that's also where my spine is.

Neat.. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo. Something like this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b8/Vagrantstoryost.jpg/180px-Vagrantstoryost.jpg) on my back maybe, except bigger.

A lot of shops will sketch out a picture for you and even help you figure out the best spot for it at no charge. Cool image though.

edit: I forgot to add that the day after you get your tattoo it's gonna hurt. It's not bad but it's bothers you for a few days.

moocow
11-06-2006, 12:03 AM
edit: I forgot to add that the day after you get your tattoo it's gonna hurt. It's not bad but it's bothers you for a few days.

That kind of depends on the person and where you get the tattoo. My first one didn't hurt at all until the tag on my pants ripped a scab off. The one on my foot, however, hurt for at least a week. Of course I was working 7 hour days with a shoe on right after getting the whole top of my foot tattooed. I would imagine that a tattoo where your's is would hurt the next day, as it's kind of hard to avoid having your shirt rub against it...

It looks awesome, who did it?

biggiy05
11-06-2006, 12:24 AM
That kind of depends on the person and where you get the tattoo. My first one didn't hurt at all until the tag on my pants ripped a scab off. The one on my foot, however, hurt for at least a week. Of course I was working 7 hour days with a shoe on right after getting the whole top of my foot tattooed. I would imagine that a tattoo where your's is would hurt the next day, as it's kind of hard to avoid having your shirt rub against it...

It looks awesome, who did it?

Oh yeah it doesn't help having my shirt rubbing against it for 8 hours a day. I made the mistake of sleeping on my back last night. OUCH!

Bunny! He was really cool about everything. He has funnel chest like I do too. Not nearly as severe as mine but I never thought I'd see someone with it in person.

Glitch
11-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Awesome man, looks nice.

Breaker
11-06-2006, 01:10 AM
I don't say this to be mean, because I used to have the same problem (accutane (http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/accutane/medicationguide.htm") is a miracle drug), but wouldn't the acne on your back fuck up the tattoo?

biggiy05
11-06-2006, 01:25 AM
I don't say this to be mean, because I used to have the same problem (accutane (http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/accutane/medicationguide.htm") is a miracle drug), but wouldn't the acne on your back fuck up the tattoo?

I thought that it would too but I don't really have it that bad around my tattoo, it's spots in different areas if that makes any sense.

I was accutane earlier in the year but things got crazy and then I started testing on my chest and never got around to going back to get another script for it. I do plan to call in the next couple days though and start it again before surgery.

Not being able to lay on my back is a pain. I woke up this morning and my shirt was stuck to my back in a few places and I would rather not screw my tattoo up .

Archibaldo
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Awesome shit. Yeah my girlfriend and I were talking. Instead of getting each other's names(cause well duh), we decided that she's going to get a Princess Peach tattoo and I'm going to get a Mario one. I find its a good way to show your affection and not regret it later as it's just a video game character.

Glenn the Great
11-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I think tattoos are ugly and tacky. I see so many people getting caught up in the moment of poor judgement and getting tattooed, then living with regrets after the novelty wears off. It's with you for the rest of your life. Even if you get it removed, it still leaves a permanent mark. I would never mess up my perfect skin with a tattoo.

I think that maybe ugly people can feel better about getting tattoos.

Instead of getting each other's names(cause well duh), we decided that she's going to get a Princess Peach tattoo and I'm going to get a Mario one. I find its a good way to show your affection and not regret it later as it's just a video game character.

Is that a joke? A tattoo of a video game character would be especially regrettable.

Archibaldo
11-06-2006, 05:23 PM
I think tattoos are ugly and tacky. I see so many people getting caught up in the moment of poor judgement and getting tattooed, then living with regrets after the novelty wears off. It's with you for the rest of your life. Even if you get it removed, it still leaves a permanent mark. I would never mess up my perfect skin with a tattoo.

Is that a joke? A tattoo of a video game character would be especially regrettable.

I'd rather have a tattoo of a video game character than man boobs. So STFU it's my decision not yours dumbasss.

biggiy05
11-06-2006, 05:51 PM

STFU and get out.

No shit it's with you for the rest of your life. It's a personal choice and most people think about what they want before they go in and do it. I've been planning mine for the past six months and finally narrowed it down to what I wanted then the exact word. I have no regrets and will never have any regrets.

Do you know anything about tattooing? It's nothing like it was back in the 70's or even the 80's. It's much cleaner and safer. Shops take pride in their work and strive to offer the best.

Getting a tattoo is a choice. If a person is happy with it then that's all that matters.

I'd rather have a tattoo of a video game character than man boobs. So STFU it's my decision not yours dumbasss.

Classic.

Now get the fuck out of my thread

biggiy05
12-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Here is a better picture. The ink has set and it looks much better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/DSCN10692.jpg

Gerudo
12-27-2006, 10:32 PM
justin timberlake sings that song 'sexy pimple back'

haha just kiddin.

i like the lettering.

Breaker
12-27-2006, 10:52 PM
I was wondering what happened to your tattoo. Thanks for the update.

Matteo
12-27-2006, 11:56 PM
I was wondering what happened to your tattoo. Thanks for the update.

ROTFLMAO!!