PDA

View Full Version : Two questions...

TheBestGamer
11-04-2006, 01:32 AM
1. I'm having trouble setting the undercombo in the overworld. I can't find a way to choose the Cset. It always ends up being grey. How can I make the overworld's undercombo use the normal Cset?

2. When I make a dark room, you can still see objects such as blocks, etc. How do I fix this?

Rulehy
11-04-2006, 04:03 AM
1. Use the "+" and "-" keys one the number pad.

2. I think theres a way, but not certain. Shows light coming from other rooms I think.

Imprisoned
11-04-2006, 09:31 AM
1. You can set the CSet with the numpad buttons, + and - (minus).

2. If the Dark Room, has layers, make the layerscreen dark too, it might show the layerscreen's combos without being dark.

TheBestGamer
11-04-2006, 02:01 PM
1. It doesn't work. It still shows up grey.

2. The dark room doesn't have layers. It's dark in there, but you can still see things.

The_Amaster
11-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Well, if you want total blackness, you could always create a layer 6 of entierly black combos. Make sure they're not transparent, tho.

TheBestGamer
11-04-2006, 02:21 PM
I've got the dark rooms figured out, but I'm still having trouble with the overworld's undercombo. No matter what I do, it uses the grey Cset. How do I fix this?

Rulehy
11-04-2006, 02:29 PM
In the D-Map, set the colorset you want it to use.

TheBestGamer
11-04-2006, 04:45 PM
It's already set to the right Cset. I'm using the normal overworld colors. But the undercombo is always grey when I play the quest.

erm2003
11-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Then did you actually set it? The undercombo has to be set on each screen. When you go to select it, you can press + and - to change the overworld Cset to match the one you want on the screen. The colors when you set it should look like exactly what you want to see on the screen.

TheBestGamer
11-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Yes, I'm actually setting it on each screen, and I'm selecting the basic ground tile on the normal overworld colors(not grey). But when i actually play the quest, the undercombo is grey.

LinkMaster500
11-09-2006, 12:18 PM
What situation are you having trouble with regarding the under combo? Are you trying to push a rock, slash a bush, or do something else?

Imprisoned
11-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Okay... click the tile you want to put as under combo
then click data > undercombo and click set or something

After selecting the undercombo, scroll the low side-bar with layer datas, room types and warps etc... until you see the CSet like "CSet 8"

Then go to quest > Dmaps and select the map you want to set the undercombo in. Then go to Appearance and put "8- NewStyle" or whatever it said.

Also if you're trying to push blocks, don't use layers. When you're slashing bushes, don't set the "Next" combo in the "Edit Combo" dialog. It messed up mine somehow.

Nimono
11-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Look, here's how to set up Under Combos AND Secret Combos:

Under Combos:
1: Find the tile you want to be the under combo. Press + and - until you find the right CSet you want for the tile.
2: Go to Data>Under Combo, and click set (or something like that).
Done.

Secret Combos:
1: Go to Data>Secret Combos. Click on the tab for the appropriate flag type you wish to use (Hammer, Wand (Wand MAGIC is in the Magic tab, while this is the actual Wand, not the magic), Strike, Hookshot, Stairs, and Reflected Fireball are in the Misc. Tab, as are Flags 16-31), and click on the box for the flag used. If you're using Burn Flags, remember that "Blue Candle" is Flag 4 (Burn (Any)), Red Candle is Burn (Red Candle +), Wand Fire is Burn (Wand Fire +), and Din's Fire is just that- Burn (Din's Fire), which I believe doesn't work, not even in 2.11. Also remember to press + and - while selecting the tile to change its Cset.
2: Place the appropriate flag wherever you want it (if you haven't already). Remember that Flags 16-31 (Secret Flags 1-10) are in the Misc. Tab of the Secret Combo editor, and are only triggered by Trigger Combos, the Enemies->Secrets flag, and Trigger flags (Burn, Sword, Strike, etc.. In other words, flags that activate when you use one of your items on them.).

Remember, if you remove a combo by its combo type, you use Under Combos. If you use flags to change the combo, you must use Secret Combos. The exception? Flags 16-31. If you place those on a combo that you slash to get rid of (Slash, Slash->Item, Bush, Flowers, and Tall Grass), it'll use the Secret Combo for the corresponding flag instead of the undercombo (Technically, it uses the Under Combo, but at the same time, that's overwritten by the Secret Combo). That's a good way to have multiple under combos on one screen. I think your problem was that you were using Flags on the combo instead of Combo Types.