PDA

View Full Version : How to fold a shirt:

ShadowTiger
11-03-2006, 12:30 AM
How to fold a shirt: (http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/files/HowToFoldAShirt.MPG.mpeg) I couldn't help but try this when I saw it. Pretty cool, for something so mundane. (I just know that someone here will say "Oh, big deal. You're folding a shirt.") Regardless, could be interesting to try, and it's good to have a solid, cement method of doing it that you know other people are using with a large degree of success. I tried it out a few times, and after a while, you can fold a shirt just like she does; into a perfect rectangle.

Here are the steps:

Place the shirt so it's completely flat out in front of you; collar / neck opening to the right, "bottom" of the shirt to your left, sleeves in front of you, closest and farthest from you.
Place your right hand's index finger and thumb about one to two inches beyond the collar, so it's 2-3 inches on the far side of the collar, away from the collar. (Easier done than said. :p )
Place your left hand's index finger and thumb horizontally down that line, between the shirt's bottom and neckline, aligned with where your other hand is, so it bisects the shirt. It should be roughly halfway between the neckline and the bottom of the shirt, though aligned with your other hand.
Grasp the neckline (In your right hand's fingers.) and pull it towards your left hand and beyond towards the bottom of the shirt, so your right hand's fingers are resting on the shirt's lower left corner. (Assuming you change your point of view so the shirt is facing you, rather than facing your left.) Don't release your left hand.
Your hands should be in an "X" sort of position; your left hand gripping the right corner, and your left hand's fingers gripping the left corner. (The PRESENT left corner.)
Slowly move your hands out of the "X" formation, moving in a straight line so the X becomes an upside down v, then just straight out. Observe the effects to the shirt. It should give off the hint of rectangularity. (Yay, I made up a word... ... Perhaps.)
So, once the shirt is in the air, you'll notice an erroneous sleeve. You have but to pick up the shirt and lay it flat so that the sleeve rests underneath the shirt as it lands.
... ... You're done. o.o'

Pretty cool. Note that I divided the number of steps into more than one for a more precise form of going about it. The first step is placing your fingers on each point, the second step is crossing them over, and the third step is raising the shirt and placing it back down again in its proper position.

MANDRAG GANON
11-03-2006, 03:49 AM
Tried this many moons ago, its incredible how well it works, so easy.

lord_jamitossi
11-03-2006, 03:05 PM
I saw this ages ago and tried it. It's really impressive, but the old way actually works faster for any situation where the clothes aren't already lying perfectly flat in front of you. The spreading out of the shirt kills any time-saving-ness that it might have.
It's still cool though.