PDA

View Full Version : A few quick enemy/item questions

shanyi
11-02-2006, 12:37 AM
I suspect these have probably been answered before, but I couldn't find a thread and they won't take long to answer so, hopefully, no harm!

ENEMIES

1- Is it possible to have differently coloured enemies to the ones set in the list? For example, could I get a red Aquamentus?

2- I haven't tested Digdogger yet (I think that's what he's called), but is it always neccessary to play the flute in order to expose his weak spot, as in the original Zelda? Is there some way of making him vulnerable to other weapons if so?

3- Not strictly enemies, but what the heck: is it possible for a warp to take place the moment an enemy/boss is beaten, instead of after collecting the Triforce fragment?

ITEMS

4- I know there's a tab to make stairs appear using the whistle/flute, but can you attach other combos to it? Can I make items appear, for example, or a (non stairs) passage open up or make terrain change (like the lake drained in the original Zelda)?

5- Is it possible to use the letter for something other than potion shops? Can I present it to someone to let me pass (like the Goriya, but without the slightly twee bait) or give some advice or something other?

6- How on earth do you place bomb expansions? I can't find the item anywhere. I want to set the starting number of bombs to 0 then force the player to nab an expansion from somewhere, but haven't worked out how to pull it off yet.

7- What's the dust pile for? It's in the items list and I'm rather intruiged...

Any help given is appreciated. I'm using 2.10 and am a total amateur at this, so it would be great if whomever answers (if anyone answers!) could go into some detail if combos, secret combos or layers (which totally bewilder me) are neccessary. Thanks.

Tacomaster22
11-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Items

1- Dust pile - its ganon when you kill him. I'm using it in my game as "garbage".

2- Letter - Edit the tile for the letter. It is quite easy.

3- Bomb Expansion - Set the room type to 'More Bombs', set a guy and a string. also set an amount of bombs you want as well.

That's all i know. Maybe alphadawgs tutorial will help. I don't know. I'm not a god.

The_Amaster
11-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Well, if you want digdogger to start out small, you can set the enemy type to Digdogger Kid, but there's no way to combat him in his large form.
As for the whistle, well this is speculation, as I only know what works, and not why it works, but if you have a tile with the type whistle on the screen, and you stand on it and blow, it will activate all generic secret combos, so yes you can make a lake dry up, or something.

_L_
11-02-2006, 09:42 AM
4- I know there's a tab to make stairs appear using the whistle/flute, but can you attach other combos to it? Can I make items appear, for example, or a (non stairs) passage open up or make terrain change (like the lake drained in the original Zelda)?Ahhh... there's hidden versatility to be found in the Whistle->Stairs screen flag. For one thing, it makes all water combos walkable, and secondly, it makes the Stair secret combo appear. Which can be any combo at all - just set it in the Secret Combos dialogue box.

shanyi
11-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Brilliant- I had a few ideas for my quest which I thought were impossible, but have now been suplanted by even better ideas! So thanks for everyone's help.

I do have one last question, which popped into my head literally minutes after posting last night. It's a bit tough to explain (and likely more complicated than my last set of questions), so I'll give an example of what I want to do.

In Link To The Past, your default starting position is set outside Link's house. However, once you've beaten the first few dungeons and slain the wizard, you are moved into the Dark World, and from then on your default starting position is on top of a pyramid (whatever it was called). In ZC, is it possible to change your default starting position (from one DMap to another) upon reaching a certain point in the game?

Again, any advice appreciated and thanks to everyone who've helped so far!

Joe123
11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
You said earlier about having a red aquamentus. I was reading last night on this web page http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/ZC/palette/basic.htm about palettes, where it says one of the sprite csets is for the aquamentus, so maybe you could change it doing that? on the other one though, if you tick 'contiune here' on a Dmap, if you save on that Dmap you can then recontinue your game there, so you could do something a bit liek that, but you wouldnt get a choice at the start like in LTTP

shanyi
11-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Utterly superb. If that DMap thing works, my quest just got about three times longer (which means about six years' more work!). I'll see if I can give Aquamentus a shot of colour later. Thanks for the help!

erm2003
11-02-2006, 08:06 PM
If you want to start at a different point in the game upon loading it, just click the Continue Here box in the particular dmap you want the player to start in. The player will start from the that dmap provided it was the last one the player was on with that box checked.